PDA

View Full Version : Mexico's president to U.S.: 'No more weapons'

eagle eye
02-17-2012, 9:45 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/17/world/americas/mexico-us-weapons/index.html

davbog44
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Is there a big picture of Eric Holder on the sign?

dan12580
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
1- not entirely our problem what happens in their country. Why create problems for our citizens to help the mexican govt handle the cartels.
2-lets close the border to any trafficing. Not just weapons.

Curley Red
02-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Maybe we should build a big sign that says "NO MORE ILLEGAL ALIENS".

njineermike
02-17-2012, 10:50 AM

THIS

AragornElessar86
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM

This +∞

gono
02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
America is a large drug consumer. It's the same now as it will always be, Peace or Freedom you must choose cause you can't have them both

email
02-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Close the borders NOW.

POLICESTATE
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Who cares what the president of Mexico thinks?

clbshooter
02-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Would this help or is it too late?

SPROCKET
02-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Can someone please explain to me how Mexico being a violent, corrupt, third world rat hole is our problem? I wonder if controlling the border would help? I suppose it's easier for Calderon to play the blame the gringos card.

MolonLabe2008
02-17-2012, 12:22 PM
LMAO!

Even Mexico is getting tired of the Chicago way of doing things.

Gunsmithing
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
To fix the drug lords in Mexico' just require ever one over 18 to have a gun
If a drug lord come out there will be 100 guns pointing at them.
To fix the drugs in the USA just put big BIG and BIGGER taxes. No more drug lords in the USA and lower taxes for ever one else .

Dave

POLICESTATE
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Would this help or is it too late?

Would what help?

roushstage2
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Would what help?

He put "death penalty for convicted murderers" as his post title. I'm assuming that's what he wants to know. Not too sure myself what that has to do with Mexico wanting the US to stop allowing people to buy guns though.

02-17-2012, 1:00 PM
Me to Mexico's president: 'STFU'

The War Wagon
02-17-2012, 1:10 PM
Soooo... this was hand-delivered to Eric Holder, THE biggest illegal American arms dealer in Mexico, right? :mad:

SGGear
02-17-2012, 1:13 PM
Dont see why they dont strenghten their borders to solve their own problems. They argue and complain about guns comin in to mexico but yet I dont see them complaining about our borders catchin illegal immigrants and drugs coming from mexico. It actually seems like they support illegal immigration into the US. Kinda double standard if you ask me.

Droppin Deuces
02-17-2012, 2:01 PM
To fix the drug lords in Mexico' just require ever one over 18 to have a gun
If a drug lord come out there will be 100 guns pointing at them.
To fix the drugs in the USA just put big BIG and BIGGER taxes. No more drug lords in the USA and lower taxes for ever one else .

Dave

Actually, what they need are bullet buttons and 10 round mags. That would solve the problem.

ljgrasso
02-18-2012, 1:45 PM
1- not entirely our problem what happens in their country. Why create problems for our citizens to help the mexican govt handle the cartels.
2-lets close the border to any trafficing. Not just weapons.

Agree

waho
02-18-2012, 5:05 PM
Why wouldn't Calderon want to stop the guns coming in, if the cartels get more guns they become even more powerful and start controlling the northward migration of Mexico's citizens (charging more for the privilege to sneak across the border). When you think of the amount of money which is being sent back to Mexico every year, he's going to make every effort to stop the flow of guns coming in. Of course that means only guns from the US. Since the idiots in charge of us don't want to appear to be against Illegals they'll give him some more money to control his population not the cartels. On top of that, since our elected officials fall all over themselves to make sure that all border jumpers get preferential treatment and Mexico has a lot more to export, don't expect things to get better anytime soon.

Fot
02-18-2012, 5:16 PM
Group buy of a large sign facing Mexico saying no more illegals or drugs..

tennisman
02-18-2012, 5:26 PM
I dont seem to see 30,000 plus americans getting killed by drug cartels in the last 6 years , he should get his own house in order what an idiot,

Steve1968LS2
02-18-2012, 5:39 PM
The corrupt President of a corrupt country.. who gives a crap what he says.

It's sad what that craphole of a country has done to its own citizens..

510GUY
02-18-2012, 5:46 PM
Don't forget to put in Espanol

Grumpyoldretiredcop
02-18-2012, 6:08 PM

Yup, this. If Mexico and we both close the border, neither guns nor illegals will flow across. Win-win!

Of course, Mexico is as likely to do that as you would be to bolt down the relief valve on your pressure cooker.

wayneinFL
02-18-2012, 8:16 PM
He loves the idea that the border is porous. That way the drugs flow out of Mexico. That way the poor flow out of Mexico. That way American money funnels in through the drug trade. And illegal immigrants send American money (their wages) home.

But then he hates the idea that the border is porous and lets guns in.

Sorry, El Presidente, you can't have it both ways.

bloodhawke83
02-18-2012, 8:51 PM
Me to Mexico's president: Go back to your ****ty country and fix it on your own, been that way for hundreds of years.

wayneinFL
02-18-2012, 9:54 PM
You know, I can't figure why we can't come up with an excuse to invade it. We've come up with reasons to invade Iraq, Afganistan, Grenada, Lebanon, etc. And looking back, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Texas worked out well for us in differing degrees. Maybe it's time to "liberate" the rest of Mexico- there's got to enough there we can make another 5 or 6 states out of it.

At least it's close. It'll save gas. Imagine how much it costs to send ships and planes to the Middleeast. Mexico's right here. Surely they have something down there that looks like weapons of mass destruction. At the very least we have to quell the violence down there. Calderon needs our help. Or he';s an evil dictator. There has to be a way to work him into an axis of evil.

I'm only half kidding.

wayneinFL
02-18-2012, 9:56 PM
And Dodge trucks would be made in America again!

Colt-45
02-18-2012, 10:22 PM

That would be racist......:rolleyes:lol

Mexicos president can kiss my *** I'm not giving up my guns because a foreign president wants me to, **** not even if our national president said so.

CBlacksheep
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Who cares what the president of Mexico thinks?

Congress... :mad:

ir0nclash86
02-19-2012, 12:26 AM
**** mexico .....

lil_jackal
02-19-2012, 1:36 AM
Death penalty for convicted murder's
that would make to much sense !

ldivinag
02-19-2012, 3:44 AM
me, as a US citizen to mexico's prez: GO POUND SAND!

chim-chim7
02-19-2012, 4:34 AM
Go kick rocks.

chrisf
02-19-2012, 4:47 AM
You know, I can't figure why we can't come up with an excuse to invade it. We've come up with reasons to invade Iraq, Afganistan, Grenada, Lebanon, etc. And looking back, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Texas worked out well for us in differing degrees. Maybe it's time to "liberate" the rest of Mexico- there's got to enough there we can make another 5 or 6 states out of it.

At least it's close. It'll save gas. Imagine how much it costs to send ships and planes to the Middleeast. Mexico's right here. Surely they have something down there that looks like weapons of mass destruction. At the very least we have to quell the violence down there. Calderon needs our help. Or he';s an evil dictator. There has to be a way to work him into an axis of evil.

I'm only half kidding.
I second that. YOU FOR PRESIDENT. Im down for another deployment :)

chrisf
02-19-2012, 4:47 AM
**** mexico .....
I second as well.

Jack L
02-19-2012, 7:11 AM
I dont seem to see 30,000 plus americans getting killed by drug cartels in the last 6 years , he should get his own house in order what an idiot,

^^^ THIS ^^^

The USA has many more firearms than Mexico yet does not have the murder numbers Mexico has, a very good point.

Plus, why does the majority of Mexican Nationals want to come to the USA to live if Mexico is so nice? The politics and corruption in Mexico will not be remedied during the lives of anyone reading this post.

SocomM4
02-19-2012, 7:40 AM
I don't see why we don't use drones to patrol the border with small units of Recon Marines roaming and tracking down "insurgents". But I think a full on invasion and occupation may be the only way to help Mexico . There has to be something down there of value.

Basically all we need is a Mexican citizen that blows something up.
Or,
To circulate a false story that Mexico found the second largest supply of oil.

Either way we'd be in.

chrisf
02-20-2012, 2:21 AM
I wonder if we invaded mexico, Made it better if they'd stop coming here. Hell I buy stuff made in mexico just to keep one more person from coming here. We don't even have enough jobs for the american people let alone the rest of mexico.

Deadbolt
02-20-2012, 8:22 AM
god forbid we revise the social services laws to prevent them from even entertaining the idea of trying to get here illegally

/sigh

dieselpower
02-20-2012, 7:25 PM
unreal....

That is not true. Stats prove almost ALL of the weapons found in cartels, drug mules etc come from USA tradeshows, etc....They are not Mexican weapons, they are American weapons.
February 2008, William Hoover, Assistant Director for Field Operations of ATF, testified before Congress that over 90% of the firearms that have either been recovered in, or interdicted in transport to Mexico originated from various sources within the United States.

Since that time, agents have not been following through with dedicated tracing and reporting, seems they have worked hard NOT to release or 'trace or track' the weapons data because of its implications for USA.

Of 300,000 weapons seized in Mexico, there are something like 9,000 that came from Mexico/army etc.