PDA

View Full Version : SCAR Bullet Button Removal

Rombot
02-17-2012, 8:35 AM
I'm heading to the deserts of AZ for the weekend with my ACR and SCAR in tow.

Right now they've obviously had the bullet button installed per Komifornia. The ACRs bullet button removal looks pretty easy, but the SCAR I have no idea on how to do... that's where the good folks here on CalGuns come to play... can anyone explain how to remove my SCARs bullet button? I'd rather not show to AZ and have to explain to my in-laws that "this is a bullet button, a result of living in Cali..." they give me enough grief for living here as is! lol

Thanks!

Chaos47
02-17-2012, 8:51 AM
Not sure but "I'd rather not show to AZ" makes it seem like you are thinking of removing it while still in CA. Don't do it till you have crossed the boarder...

Edit: Assuming you have the name brand "Bullet Button" here's the installation instructions...
hopefully that will help you figure out how to do it in reverse:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-42922732626033_2196_2002251

SpunkyJivl
02-17-2012, 8:57 AM
He Rombot, Did you just get those? I saw a guy at Islandview picking up a brand new SCAR and brand new ACR early this week. My God those guns were amazing.

Rombot
02-17-2012, 10:01 AM
@Chaos47 I did have those instructions for installing the button. On a cursory try referencing the instructions I wasn't able to make any headway on removing the bullet button. Also, if it were to be removed in Cali, as long as the lower is apart from the upper I should be good to go correct?

@SpunkyJivl It wasn't me picking up those rifles at IslandView. I've had my ACR since April and my SCAR since October.

romeo26
02-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I put a radlock on my scar. just unscrew and take the plate off and I'm good to go.