PDA

View Full Version : Get my lower out of Jail Today.

Johnnyfres
02-17-2012, 9:18 AM
I am so excited to pick up my CMMG AR-15 lower today. This will be my first AR build. Going M4 style on this one.

Have the DD LPK ready to go. Going to pick up the Magpul CTR MIL-Spec stock next, the rest of my furniture will be Magpul also. I love the look of the Magpul MOE Handguard.

I was planning on going withthis upper (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M4-14-5-Upper-Receiver-Group-A2X-p/bcm-urg-m4-14%20a2x.htm) Hopefully this lower/upper combo will work. I still need to verify that.

I also have a Spikes Punisher lower on BO. Not sure what I will do with that build yet.

wsmc27
02-17-2012, 9:34 AM
Congrats Johnny, have FUN and be safe!

I would think that combo would work fine...the more knowledgeable Calgunners can comment if not.

Spikes lower? It might want a Spikes upper. ;)

OUTLAWZ
02-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Congratulations!

I have cosmetically similar setup to what you are wanting to build.

Lower:

Spikes Tactical Lower (I have the Noveske N4 lower too but prefer this for pictures. I only wish third position on fire selector was working!)
Rock River Arms LPK
Magpul Aluminum Trigger Guard (Use the roll pin from your LPK, easier to install and better fit)
Magpul B.A.D Lever
Magpul MOE Grip
Magpul CTR (Mil Spec)
Magpul Buffer Tube Kit (Heavy Buffer)
Magpul PMAG (10/30 Blocked)

Upper:

Noveske Light Recce Mid Length 16"
Noveske BCG
AAC Blackout
Troy BUIS (Rear only)
Magpul MOE Handguard
Magpul MVG Vertical Grip(MVG if you are going MOE handguard, RVG if you using rail system) - Not Pictured
Viking Tactical 2 Point Sling (Not Pictured)

Have fun and be safe!

Sorry about the picture quality.
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx215/vninc/AR15.jpg

CoyoteHunter555
02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice, will be sweet!

Johnnyfres
02-17-2012, 2:21 PM
Picked up the lower starting the build tonight.

Johnnyfres
02-17-2012, 2:31 PM
Thanks for sharing your info Outlawz

ErikTheRed
02-17-2012, 5:41 PM
Great, your lower is home. And if you're on a budget like mine, it'll be another 2 years before you have a rifle to shoot. :rolleyes:

Johnnyfres
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Haha Erik,

Actually I have another lower on back order. This one I plan on getting up and running within a month. I have my upper and stock picked out already.

I have some money to spare right now. My Spikes lower will be a slow build that's for sure because I plan on buying a 1911 here shortly.

Tyson
02-18-2012, 8:15 AM
Great, your lower is home. And if you're on a budget like mine, it'll be another 2 years before you have a rifle to shoot. :rolleyes:

+2 :ack2:

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
02-18-2012, 8:24 AM
Congrats Johnny,

Spikes lower? It might want a Spikes upper. ;)

+1.

I've been there many times. Nothing compares to the first though (like a few other things in life :p)

Have fun.