PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9 Question

Rizzle
02-17-2012, 6:30 AM
I just got a used M&P 9 and I have a question. When the slide is off of the gun if I depress the silver plunger on the bottom/inside of the slide and push the firing pin forward the firing pin will stick outside of the breech face without springing back into the slide. Is this normal or should I be concerned of a out of battery discharge?

Jpcm
02-17-2012, 8:42 AM
I just checked mine and the firing pin did not stay exposed. Whether I released the plunger our held it down the firing pin sprung(sp?) back. I'd send it to s&w or a gun smith

kelley_aj
02-17-2012, 9:01 AM
It is not that hard to disassemble the slide. This video from apex tact. will show you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nebJaORy0&feature=related

DDRH
02-17-2012, 9:49 AM
I just got a used M&P 9 and I have a question. When the slide is off of the gun if I depress the silver plunger on the bottom/inside of the slide and push the firing pin forward the firing pin will stick outside of the breech face without springing back into the slide. Is this normal or should I be concerned of a out of battery discharge?

i think it should be fine...but someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Just wanted to comment, i have a Glock 19 and it does this. shoots fine. If you depress the plunger again, you should be able to pull it back (might not even have to press the plunger...can't be sure ATM).

I had an MP45, but never really checked...i hope this helps a little.

9mmepiphany
02-17-2012, 10:32 AM
if I depress the silver plunger on the bottom/inside of the slide and push the firing pin forward the firing pin will stick outside of the breech face without springing back into the slide.
Are you saying it (it is the striker, not a firing pin) won't spring back with the silver thing (striker block) still depressed or after you release it?

The striker should move back when you release pressure on the striker, but if you also release the striker block before releasing the striker, there is additional drag on it.

Does it stay out when you are shooting it?

If it did, I would think it wouldn't let the next round slide up under the extractor

tbc
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM

On my m&p 9c, it sprung back while I kept pressing the plunger down. But if I released the plunger while the firing pin being exposed, it did not spring back.

Mine goes bang everytime when I pull the trigger and never have any accidental discharge.