PDA

View Full Version : Hi, FNG here

NoFail
02-17-2012, 1:06 AM
Hi everybody,

I can't sleep right now so i was reading stuff on here and just decided to break ice. I live in S.F. Bay Area, Fremont. NRA member, gun owner.

I have two Win. 1894 AE's in .45 Colt & .44 Mag. A Glock 23 .40 S&W, Sig P226 9mm, and a couple of 10/22's & a 12 gauge homemade from my father in law whom I never met, he died before I met my wife. My brother in law gave me the shotty. I do hand loads for the Winchesters.

So I am assembling an LR .308 and awaiting the last of the parts to ship.
I know you want to know what I have in store for mine since I always like reading about other peoples guns and lately of course other peoples AR's.
So please allow me to indulge you all.

These are the parts I have in my possession.

JD Machine upper & lower receivers
JD Machine 14" hand guard
Magpul UBR stock, FDE
Magpul MIAD grip, FDE
Magpul AFG (angled fore grip), FDE
Slash's heavy buffer & modified AR-10 spring, (CAR10-HX for .308)
Phase 5 Tactical EBR-v2/308 (extended bolt catch)
BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 charge handle
RADDLOCK mag release button
Smith Enterprises Vortex flash hider
JP Enterprises JP-EZ Trigger

What I'm waiting for:

Selected lower parts from Fulton Armory, UPS'ing now
POF-USA dust cover, USPS now
JP Enterprises chrome .308 low mass bolt carrier, adjustable gas block (low profile) & gas tube (mid), UPS'ing now

And JP Enterprises JP Supermatch barrel 16" with JP Enhanced Bolt to be head spaced with barrel. The bolt is back ordered since JP has been slammed with so many orders and came out of stock with them. Hopefully just 3 weeks more to wait for it so.... :cool:

I'm still deciding on a scope for this setup but right now am leaning towards a SWFA SS 1-4x20 FFP with Illuminated Donut (Circle/Mil-Scale) reticule.
or wait for their new 1-6 that is coming out later by summertime. But who knows what I'll end up with for a scope but it will be something like that.

Anyway I'll be in touch & thank you all for letting me share!!

Cheers,

Mike

gotshotgun?
02-17-2012, 6:59 AM
Welcome and congrats on a very nice collection. We would love to see pictures of your build and a range report report when you have time.

NoFail
02-17-2012, 7:20 AM
Yeah I'll be more than happy to contribute that, it's all a part of the fun after all :)

And Thank You!!

Bert Gamble
02-17-2012, 7:29 AM
Welcome

cwin
02-17-2012, 7:41 AM
Welcome! And nice build. Let us know when it's finished and post some pics.

Chaos47
02-17-2012, 7:52 AM
Welcome to the forum!

cabinetguy
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
welcome. .308 ar's are a ton of fun, you should be happy with your parts list

Ubermcoupe
02-17-2012, 11:05 AM
NF,

Welcome to Calguns! Hope you stick around. :)

02-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Welcome. :cheers2:

killshot44
02-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Welcome from another Night Owl...

NoFail
02-17-2012, 3:14 PM
Thanks everyone!! Looking forward to sharing what I am up to with you all... Hey anyone from Bay Area with the special tools I can rent from? Or come over for a build, beer, BBQ Saterday after I get's the rest of me parts all
in!! I have a nice setup in my garage for reloading and stuff but I don't have those particular tools. Guess I better get the tools soon. But yeah garage is huge too a greyhound bus could park inside it's that big and high.