PDA

View Full Version : Nighthawk customer service comes through

Bert Gamble
02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Many of you have followed the saga that is my purchase of a used Nighthawk Predator.

Without rehashing the issues that the gun had, I would like to let everyone know that Nighthawk Customs has decided to fully cover the cost of the repair.

The gun was thoroughly inspected and they need to:

Cut the slide stop back to square and install a new slide lock
Tune the extractor
Replace all trigger components

I didn't even know there was anything wrong with the trigger. It seemed fine to me. Shows how little I know.

Luckily, the rounding off of the slide stop was within tolerance for re-cutting, or a new slide would have been needed.

I have elected to have them refinish the entire gun, so my cost will be $250. I consider this an extremely good resolution to the problem and proves to me that this company really stands behind it's work. I would not hesitate to buy a new gun from these people. In fact, I might have to order another Predator in 9mm.

I guess this action by Nighthawk proves that I am not a crazy liar who is only picking on an honest seller, and there is no need to humiliate me in court by having several well respected gunsmiths testify that the gun was in perfect condition when it was sold to me.

zfields
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear. Still sucks the seller BS'd you on the condition of the gun.

freonr22
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Nice Bert!

Nor*Cal
02-16-2012, 10:24 PM
That's good news, congrats man. Glad it worked out and props to Nighthawk for the awesome customer service.

For what's it worth, I thought you handled this issue much better than I would have. You deserved this result.

1911 in 916
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Glad it worked out for you, sucks that you had to fold over a few hundred bucks though...

jeffrice6
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Outstanding!!! Love to hear of companies standing behind their products! & Cudos for taking the high road..... It's a lost art!

Bert Gamble
02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Glad it worked out for you, sucks that you had to fold over a few hundred bucks though...

Don't feel bad for that. I knew that there was some slight wear in a couple of spots and the refinish is just for me to have a gun that looks perfect. It wasn't required at all.

cwin
02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
I remember reading your original post. Glad to hear NH is covering the repairs.

chickenfried
02-16-2012, 10:45 PM
don't forget to leave itrader feedback ;)

jeffrice6
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
don't forget to leave itrader feedback ;)

^ This! Don't let others get burned......

Bert Gamble
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
^ This! Don't let others get burned......

I had already left him a positive rating while the gun was in jail. I have no way of knowing for sure that he was aware of the poor condition, even though it seems pretty unlikely that he didn't.

I would hate for an innocent person to get a negative rating, so it is probably better that I leave it as is.

He buys and sells a ton of stuff, so if he is dishonest, it will come back on him soon enough.

Right now I am just very happy that I will have a functioning gun within about a month.

louscamaro91
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Awesome.
I have several nighthawks, I'm pleased with them.

I used to do a lot of trading here on the board and had one similar issue with a gun I sold. The buyer had a problem with FTF and the gun needed to be sent back. I never experienced this issue when I owned it. I wasn't going to argue with him and paid for the shipping cost. Luckily the work was under warranty. I asked him what rounds he was firing.... He responded "reloads".... Oh well.

That buyer is a good friend of mine now:)

jcaoloveshine
02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear NH took care of you.

That's what I love about semicustom shops (and SA for factory). Their CS is awesome.

My front sight tritium insert popped out of my LB TRS and Les himself answered the phone and said he'd take care of the replacement via Trijicon and doublecheck to make sure the slide was fine before it shipped back to me. Trivial compared to the work you needed done, but when it matters they'll pull through

Unless you're Ed Brown :D

Bert Gamble
02-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I forgot to ask them how much it would have cost me if not for the great warranty. Do any of you have an estimate of the cost for this work?

Dhena81
02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Glad to hear NH took care of you.

That's what I love about semicustom shops (and SA for factory). Their CS is awesome.

My front sight tritium insert popped out of my LB TRS and Les himself answered the phone and said he'd take care of the replacement via Trijicon and doublecheck to make sure the slide was fine before it shipped back to me. Trivial compared to the work you needed done, but when it matters they'll pull through

Unless you're Ed Brown :D

That's funny you say that because I've been hearing of problems with their CS

I'm glad everything worked out for you OP

One day I'll get myself a 1911 exactly the way I want it thank god for SSE.

MrExel17
02-17-2012, 2:31 AM
Sweet glad it worked out! +1 for NightHawk:thumbsup:

Bakerloo
02-17-2012, 4:28 AM
Good for you.
You handled the entire situation with class.
Kudos to Nighthawk for taking care of this under warranty.

Shellshocker66
02-17-2012, 6:23 AM
Good for you.
You handled the entire situation with class.
Kudos to Nighthawk for taking care of this under warranty.

+1 for this!

You were awesome during the whole posting of what had gone down.

And glad Nighthawk took care of the problem.

whipkiller
02-17-2012, 7:58 AM
I had already left him a positive rating while the gun was in jail. I have no way of knowing for sure that he was aware of the poor condition, even though it seems pretty unlikely that he didn't.

I would hate for an innocent person to get a negative rating, so it is probably better that I leave it as is.

He buys and sells a ton of stuff, so if he is dishonest, it will come back on him soon enough.

Right now I am just very happy that I will have a functioning gun within about a month.

Class act, sir. Very glad to hear this worked out for you.

Jeffu
02-18-2012, 2:31 AM
Congrats Bert

Steve1968LS2
02-18-2012, 7:19 AM
Nice to hear they took care of you even though they could have claimed abuse/wear.. +1 internets for NH..

How long till you get it back?

Bert Gamble
03-01-2012, 9:53 PM
Nice to hear they took care of you even though they could have claimed abuse/wear.. +1 internets for NH..

How long till you get it back?

The repairs have been made, and the pistol is still disassembled and in the finishing shop. Once the coating is done, they will reassemble and test fire, then ship it out.
I talked to the rep earlier in the week and I should have it back before my Front Sight trip at the end of March.

holiday
03-02-2012, 9:30 AM
congrats on the outcome.

i have also been fortunate enough to work with nighthawk customer service...and it is excellent....they went above and beyond for me as well.

they are a top notch firearm manufacturer

cranemech
03-02-2012, 10:15 AM
We're you/they (NH) ever able to determine what caused the slide stop notch to wear like that?

bsg
03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
The repairs have been made, and the pistol is still disassembled and in the finishing shop. Once the coating is done, they will reassemble and test fire, then ship it out.
I talked to the rep earlier in the week and I should have it back before my Front Sight trip at the end of March.

i'm happy to learn that this has worked out for you.