PDA

View Full Version : Transfer fee question Modesto

Mustang Gunner
02-16-2012, 5:53 PM
Hey sorry if this is in the wrong section. I tried to post to the central valley section but I don't have the rights to yet I guess.

I have found some OLL receivers that I wish to purchase but they are waaay too far to drive out there twice to get. I was going to just order them and have them sent to an FFL here and have them DROSed here.

Here is the issue. I asked my favorite local shop who I shall not mention at this time as I am in no way tearing them down, and they told me $75 per firearm plus DROS's on each one as well. Is there anyone near Modesto CA that is a bit more reasonable? @ $75 a shot it would be better to just make the drive out there. That would be another $150 added to the cost. At that rate I could buy a 3rd lower and pay for the fuel to get there once!

Someone here has to be cheaper.

Ponderosa2
02-16-2012, 6:12 PM
I had to pay the same on a rifle I ordered from Riflegear. $75 + dros. I felt a little ripped off, but I asked if they would receive it and do a transfer and didn't get a price ahead of time..... My fault.

Mustang Gunner
02-16-2012, 6:32 PM
Yeah I almost just had them sent over..... Glad I did not. The lowers I am looking at are only $99 so when you tack another $75 per item it gets ridiculous. I was just told Sac Black rifle has the same lowers for close to the same price so I may drive there this weekend.

roushstage2
02-16-2012, 6:58 PM
The basic lowers are $90 at Sac Black Rifle :)

mark2203
02-16-2012, 7:36 PM
Yeah I almost just had them sent over..... Glad I did not. The lowers I am looking at are only $99 so when you tack another $75 per item it gets ridiculous. I was just told Sac Black rifle has the same lowers for close to the same price so I may drive there this weekend.

Worth the drive to Sac Black Rifle and then a little further up 80 to TDS.

Oh. And you can hit up River city gun exchange and wild bills on the way back.

brianm767
02-16-2012, 7:44 PM
Worth the drive to Sac Black Rifle and then a little further up 80 to TDS.

Oh. And you can hit up River city gun exchange and wild bills on the way back.

What he said, keep an eye on TDS , and jump on the Aeroprecosion 3 packs when they get them in.

jmust1991
02-16-2012, 7:49 PM
Contact Mad River Arms in Riverbank. Thomas will accept and transfer the firearms for $50 (includes DROS). I have done many lowers through him.

SARC_Mike
02-16-2012, 8:01 PM
Another vote for TDS!!! I live in Fresno but make the trip and it's always worth it.

anothergunnut
02-16-2012, 8:42 PM
For rifles (not handguns) you can buy as many as you want and only pay one DROS fee...so buy 25 and the DROS is only $1 each!

I'll second Mad River Arms; I don't think he charges more for additional receivers. He's on this board so you could PM him.

Another local FFL on this board is Tunn Tavern Arms who will receive receivers for a reasonable fee.

Pinto
02-17-2012, 7:17 AM
+1 for Lee @ Tunn Tavern Arms, Manteca (http://www.tunntavernarms.com/) - $50 transfer