PDA

View Full Version : What Magazines for Century WASR 7.62 AK

AVID HUNTER
02-16-2012, 4:46 PM
I just put a Century WASR 7.62 AK in jail and am planning on getting a few goodies for it while I wait. Which magazine kits are best for this rifle? Also, if anyone can shed some light on any other items might accentuate this purchase. Please let me know. I'm planning on shooting it to death, if its possible. I wanna see how reliable these things are....

Chaos47
02-16-2012, 5:02 PM
If its double stack pretty much any country will work...

Mine fits Hungarian 20's, Romanian / Assorted Com Block 30's, and East German 40's without an issue...

You wont be able to shoot it to death it will function perfectly long after you are dead and gone.

Maglula is a must have!!!
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/822539/maglula-lula-magazine-loader-and-unloader-ak-47-galil

Never needed it yet but allways good to have a broken shell extractor
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/akbrokshelex.html

Maybe a sight pusher?
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41963/Product/AK-47-AKM-SKS-FRONT-SIGHT-ADJUSTMENT-TOOL

ZX-10R
02-16-2012, 5:48 PM
Any steel, Tapco, but my favorite is US Palm.

mskochinski
02-16-2012, 5:55 PM
Really a autoloader for magazines that I can load just as quickly by hand??

Marketing has REALLLY sucked you into thinking that you need this..

All you need is some Tapco or any steel mags as ZX said and plenty of ammo. Don't by any of this other marketing non-sense. I have shot thousands of rounds through my WASR 10 and never need a sight pusher or shell extractor.

If I need to adjust my sights I use a large socket underneath to hold it in place and a smaller one on top and give few love taps with the ol' hammer.

Tier One Arms
02-16-2012, 6:03 PM
Bulgarian circle 10 is the way to go, they are hard to find though.

Freagan
02-16-2012, 6:39 PM
Bulgarian circle 10 is the way to go, they are hard to find though.

^^This! Circle 10's are quality mags, they definitely aren't the cheapest but are reliable

ZX-10R
02-16-2012, 6:49 PM
Honestly guys...All AK mags are reliable.

Chaos47
02-16-2012, 6:56 PM
Really a autoloader for magazines that I can load just as quickly by hand??

Marketing has REALLLY sucked you into thinking that you need this..

All you need is some Tapco or any steel mags as ZX said and plenty of ammo. Don't by any of this other marketing non-sense. I have shot thousands of rounds through my WASR 10 and never need a sight pusher or shell extractor.

If I need to adjust my sights I use a large socket underneath to hold it in place and a smaller one on top and give few love taps with the ol' hammer.

Theres no need to act childish mskochinski.

YFTfnzjsDI0

I guarantee you that you can not load or unload an AK mag by hand as fast as you can with a maglula.
If you don't want one fine.

I have never needed my broken shell extractor but I would rather have one in my bag then need one some day...

I got my pusher for free but again I'd rather have it then not

He asked for opinions on what extras to buy I gave him some..
These are not extreme uber tacticool mall ninja accessories.
They are pretty basic things that a lot of people have in their range bags..

NorCalK9.com
02-16-2012, 8:03 PM
I want one of those loader thinga ma jiggers! Lol

AVID HUNTER
02-16-2012, 8:05 PM
So where is the best place to buy the metal magazines? I've had great experiences buying from Exile Machine, but they don't seem to have any in stock?

NorCalK9.com
02-16-2012, 8:11 PM
Copes
http://www.copesdistributing.net/rifle-magazines-c-195_188.html?page=3&sort=2a

Chaos47
02-16-2012, 8:18 PM
Never bought mags from Copes but if you do you'll need to add one of these per regular cap mag.
http://www.copesdistributing.net/bmake-magazine-rebuild-p-2488.html

I have bought other things from them and they are good to go!

NorCalK9.com
02-16-2012, 9:17 PM
@ chaos47
Not a huge deal, lets say you drive to pick them uo how many $1 does that add up to on a 40 mile round trip?
Ive ordered many mag kits from them and alls I have to say is atleast theyre CA friendly enough to take them apart for $1 cause 99% of other places just give you the middle finger and tell you where to stick it!
+1 for copes

Chaos47
02-17-2012, 8:23 AM
Didn't say anything negative about the fee just stating the fact that if someones going to order rebuilds from them they need to add that per magazine... just trying to be helpful...

NorCalK9.com
02-17-2012, 9:43 AM
@ chaos47
Sorry about that, I thought you were implying something else about the $1 fee lol.

mskochinski
02-17-2012, 3:13 PM
Theres no need to act childish mskochinski.

YFTfnzjsDI0

I guarantee you that you can not load or unload an AK mag by hand as fast as you can with a maglula.
If you don't want one fine.

I have never needed my broken shell extractor but I would rather have one in my bag then need one some day...

I got my pusher for free but again I'd rather have it then not

He asked for opinions on what extras to buy I gave him some..
These are not extreme uber tacticool mall ninja accessories.
They are pretty basic things that a lot of people have in their range bags..

I'm sure I could get close damn close in loading times by hand vs. those tools. These mags were designed to be loaded quickly by hand in the field. Just push down.

Now in a pistol world, I would say it's a must. I have one in my bag.

Just saying, spend money wisely for $25 you could get another 100 rounds!

yuccales
02-17-2012, 3:51 PM
I've got some 10/30's for looks and some Tapco's. They all work fine. Get ammo, then get some more! Congrats on your new rifle.