PDA

View Full Version : Spikes LPK Socket/Allen head screw size?

ThemBastards
02-16-2012, 3:35 PM
So I put my lower together the other night and as I go to screw my grip on I notice that it is a Allen type bolt. Unfortuantely it needs to be screwed into the cavity of the grip down to about what 3-4" inside the grip. So I don't have an allen key A) that fit the head B) that would have been long enough to get down there so I threw some electrical tape on a flat head and screwed it in. It's on there but I want to tighten it up so my question is do any of you know what size Allen key to use on a Spikes grip bolt? ??

Update haha nevermind I found it.

1/4x28” hex screw per Spikes website

Lies.. Went and bought a set and it was actually 3/16th

Gatordev
02-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Update haha nevermind I found it.

1/4x28 hex screw per Spikes website

Lies.. Went and bought a set and it was actually 3/16th

Out of curiosity, where did you find a 28 TPI screw? I need one for a grip and Lowes and Home Depot weren't any help. Lowes was close, but it was a bolt, which doesn't help with what I was trying to do (low profile head for a MIAD/MOE insert).

ThemBastards
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Out of curiosity, where did you find a 28 TPI screw? I need one for a grip and Lowes and Home Depot weren't any help. Lowes was close, but it was a bolt, which doesn't help with what I was trying to do (low profile head for a MIAD/MOE insert).

The actual screw was a part of the LPK I got from Spike's via Sportsmans-Depot, the hex driver I found at O'Reilly's Auto Parts. Maybe try ACE

Gatordev
02-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Ahh, okay. I thought you meant you found the screw, not the driver, at a store.