PDA

View Full Version : Turners Reseda

Flying Sig
02-16-2012, 4:35 PM
I think I will probably lose some sleep over this, but.... I was buying some accessories at turners and was talking to one of the employees when a different employee walks up to us with another customer and tells the guy that I am talking to that they were going to make an "outright buy" of a couple of the other customers guns. He said that they were going to pay "$200 for this, and $500 for this". I look over and the other customer is selling a like new Glock 17 for $200 and a like new FN 5.7 for $500!! :eek: Why can't I find these deals????

theduece
02-16-2012, 4:42 PM
What is an outright buy? like person 1 walks in to either consign/sell to shop and person 2 happened to be right place right time?

Damn I am not looking for either of those but would've bought at that price.

VictorFranko
02-16-2012, 4:46 PM
"Very disturbing" in the thread title is "Very misleading".

and yeah, why can't I find those deals.

keenkeen
02-16-2012, 4:48 PM
What is an outright buy? like person 1 walks in to either consign/sell to shop and person 2 happened to be right place right time?

Damn I am not looking for either of those but would've bought at that price.

It means Turner's is going to skip the consignment and just do the seller 'a favor' by buying his guns for their stock.

Seller get's $700 bucks and...Turners gets to sell the 2 guns for ????

Press Check
02-16-2012, 5:49 PM
Seller get's $700 bucks and...Turners gets to sell the 2 guns for ????

Probably for just a hair below retail.

liketoshoot
02-16-2012, 5:52 PM
you should have offered him more

Press Check
02-16-2012, 5:53 PM
I think I will probably lose some sleep over this, but.... I was buying some accessories at turners and was talking to one of the employees when a different employee walks up to us with another customer and tells the guy that I am talking to that they were going to make an "outright buy" of a couple of the other customers guns. He said that they were going to pay "$200 for this, and $500 for this". I look over and the other customer is selling a like new Glock 17 for $200 and a like new FN 5.7 for $500!! :eek: Why can't I find these deals????

Coincidentally, I was there this afternoon, too. I recall hearing something about two guns for sale, and a lot of chatter about something being off-roster.

I was #88, and there between 1300 and 1330 buying XM193.

keenkeen
02-16-2012, 5:59 PM
you should have offered him more

Man thats shady...even at Turners.

On the other hand, I might do it at Turners.

:43:

toby
02-16-2012, 6:02 PM
Happens more than you know, I used to be a permanent fixture at a GunShop in Downey and I was able to swoop on theses deals often, sometimes too often.......it's nice to know people in gun shops.

h0use
02-16-2012, 6:13 PM
i would have said 800$!

dadoody
02-16-2012, 6:24 PM
there are a LOT of people who simply sell their guns to gunstorres and pawn shops and agree to a quarter of the price of the gun.

Maddog5150
02-16-2012, 6:30 PM
Hey OP, its called business. Start a shop and then criticize. If the customer was to consign then they would recieve more money but have to wait for it. To sell it back to a store you will get your money outright fast but its a used gun and the shop has to make a profit. Customers always make more money selling private party but not all customers want to go through that, dont trust random people off the internet or want to post something at a local range.
If you lose sleep over this, dont turn on the news.

CSACANNONEER
02-16-2012, 7:46 PM
Hey OP, its called business. Start a shop and then criticize. If the customer was to consign then they would recieve more money but have to wait for it. To sell it back to a store you will get your money outright fast but its a used gun and the shop has to make a profit. Customers always make more money selling private party but not all customers want to go through that, dont trust random people off the internet or want to post something at a local range.

How come suposedly inteligent people can't understand this? No one forces a seller to sell a gun to a shop. It's the seller's choice.

ELIXIR
02-16-2012, 8:17 PM
Dammit! Talk about being at the right place right time! I would have offered him a bit more :)

Lives_In_Fresno
02-16-2012, 8:24 PM

you CAN find those deals...You could have offered him more money, at the time, taking the sale away from turners...

The Virus
02-16-2012, 8:30 PM
What did I miss? What's "VERY DISTURBING?

Fishslayer
02-16-2012, 8:36 PM
you CAN find those deals...You could have offered him more money, at the time, taking the sale away from turners...

That works better in Free States where you don't HAVE to go through an FFL. Don't let the shop owner catch ya pulling that in his parking lot.

If I worked in the Turners & somebody did that I'd tell 'em to take their PPT elsewhere... or charge $100 transfer fee. If I lost a commission I'd be pretty pissed.

Flying Sig
02-17-2012, 1:52 PM

Criticize? You should re-read the post. I could care less how much Turners paid, I'm just pissed that I never find these killer deals. I'm pretty sure I said that in the OP.

winnre
02-17-2012, 2:00 PM
I thought about selling a full size HK USP .45 to Turner's. They offered me $200 for it. Of course I hung on to it!

Batman
02-17-2012, 7:55 PM
I was at the OC Gun Show at the Fairgrounds last November, where a woman was at the Gunrunners booth looking to sell 2 pistols. The guy behind the counter was very polite, courteous, and explained the different ways they could help her, and the first thing he said was that he could buy them outright but she would make the lowest amount of money as he needed to make a profit as well. He was being professional and honest with her, and as a sideline spectator I appreciated his honesty.

So what's the difference between that and Turners?

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2012, 8:42 PM
Turners is a business.. they will always buy at cut rate prices.. same with a pawn shop. After all, businesses have overhead.

It's called the free market.. and I don't really know why it would ever be "disturbing"

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2012, 8:43 PM
I was at the OC Gun Show at the Fairgrounds last November, where a woman was at the Gunrunners booth looking to sell 2 pistols. The guy behind the counter was very polite, courteous, and explained the different ways they could help her, and the first thing he said was that he could buy them outright but she would make the lowest amount of money as he needed to make a profit as well. He was being professional and honest with her, and as a sideline spectator I appreciated his honesty.

So what's the difference between that and Turners?

Nothing, but crying and whining about Turners is pasttime for some.. lol

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2012, 8:45 PM
Criticize? You should re-read the post. I could care less how much Turners paid, I'm just pissed that I never find these killer deals. I'm pretty sure I said that in the OP.

If you opened a gun store or a pawn shop you would get these deals all the time.. of course you would incure a few operational expenses that would make the deal seem less stellar.. ;)

Yugo
02-17-2012, 8:51 PM
Damn I wish I was there I would have offered the guy more and let turners get there $10 for the PPT, I have wasted far way too many hours waiting in there damn line just to be disappointed when my number was called to give them anymore than that.

The Virus
02-17-2012, 8:58 PM
Did it take an hour for the guy to sell them? Seems like anything takes an hour there

socalbowhunter
02-17-2012, 10:02 PM
A lot of times that this happens, the guys has to get rid of the guns as per a restraining order.
Which also means you could not have offered to by the guns for more than Turners was willing to pay for them, because they HAVE to be sold to an FFL, not a PPT.

tenpercentfirearms
02-18-2012, 6:49 AM
Man, some of you are sensitive or something. The OP is only upset in the fact it wasn't him making the buy. That is all. And I don't think Turners was buying the guns, I think the employee was on the side. If Turners doesn't do consignment, there is nothing wrong with that.

Yep, I hear about good deals too. A guy bought a Rock Island .45 almost brand new for like $100, but only because he felt bad taking the $50 the guy first told him to buy it for.

keenkeen
02-18-2012, 7:51 AM
Man, some of you are sensitive or something. The OP is only upset in the fact it wasn't him making the buy. That is all.

^^^^THIS

Don't let the attack dogs get you down OP...Many here get your point.

:)

Mail Clerk
02-18-2012, 9:51 AM
I've heard and read allot of posting about the reseda store and my only conclusion is to drive to another Turner's and avoid resead all together. They appear to be the black sheepof the store family.

Mail Clerk

goldengate
02-18-2012, 2:49 PM
Should have offer $50 more for both guns, then resell it yourself. Just tell Turner this is business.

CSACANNONEER
02-18-2012, 2:57 PM
Should have offer $50 more for both guns, then resell it yourself. Just tell Turner this is business.

It is bussiness. Please tell us where your brick and mortar shop is so that we can go into it and take your bussiness away from you.

The fact is that the seller decided who he wanted to sell to and took the time to drive to the store to sell his guns to them. If he had wanted to sell them to you, the OP, me or anyone else, he would not have gone to the trouble of going there to make his sale. He could have choosen another route which would have netted him more money but, he did not want to go that route.

goldengate
02-18-2012, 6:14 PM
I don't see anything wrong with taking an advantage of an business opportunity. If I have a business, I'll try my best to be competitive. Just don't take it personal. That's the nature of business.

jonny_c
02-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Nothing, but crying and whining about Turners is pasttime for some.. lol

I glad somebody had the guts to admit that they whine about Turners...because they amuse themselves when they whine about Turners.

joash
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Did it take an hour for the guy to sell them? Seems like anything takes an hour there

You're lucky if it only takes an hour.

Steve1968LS2
02-19-2012, 9:16 AM

Wow.. maybe have a little bit of class..

Now don't get me wrong, I would be tempted to do the same thing if I saw a Glock being bought for $200.. but since I'm not a total a-hole I would never do that in someone's business..

That would be like seeing a PPT deal going down at an FFL and then offering the seller $10 more for the gun.. it's just tacky.

Steve1968LS2
02-19-2012, 9:20 AM
I glad somebody had the guts to admit that they whine about Turners...because they amuse themselves when they whine about Turners.

Actually I was admitting that others whine about Turners.. :)

I did a PPT there last week.. took around 30 minutes.. When they get busy it can take longer since they have to wait for the computer to do the DROS. It's not like they are kicking back eating a sandwich. That said, some employees are faster than others.

I bought a rifle at Turners of Orange a few days ago.. was out in 20 minutes, which might be a record for Turners. Again, it all depends on the employee and yes, some of them are FUD dispensers. That's why we should all know the real CA laws.

mikeinla
02-19-2012, 9:24 AM
I did a transfer at Reseda Turner's last week and I was there all of 16 minutes. There are so many cry babies on this board when they do not get there way.

joash
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I think the fact that they are the only gun shop for miles around doesn't exactly make them put customer service first.

When I was a noob, I took the handgun safety test there and they never gave me a certificate at the end, so that the next time I bought a handgun, I had to pay $25 all over again.

I did a transfer at Reseda Turner's last week and I was there all of 16 minutes. There are so many cry babies on this board when they do not get there way.

Steve1968LS2
02-19-2012, 10:34 AM
I think the fact that they are the only gun shop for miles around doesn't exactly make them put customer service first.

When I was a noob, I took the handgun safety test there and they never gave me a certificate at the end, so that the next time I bought a handgun, I had to pay $25 all over again.

Did you try to go back and have them correct the error?

They are busy, so they are screwed either way.. if they take thier time with each customer then "I had to wait" is the complaint.. if they rush through customers it's "I felt pushed through the transaction!"

Turners is like any big chain.. big chain means there's a far better chance of getting a lazy or ignorant clerk.. you don't have that problem at a smaller "family" shop like Riflegear or OC Armory. BUT, when on sale the prices at Turners can't be beat and they have many locations for convienence. Also with a chain some stores will be ran better than others.

It's called life.

mikeinla
02-19-2012, 11:31 AM

REALLY??? Is that the truth??? You had to pay $25???
When I was at Turners Reseda a guy came in to buy a pistol that was on sale but he lost his HSC card, the salesman told him since he lost it he had to pay $15 to replace it since they have to make a copy of the physical card. His HSC card number was in the system.

If you took the test your HSC number should be in the system.
If you took the test you had to sign the card-maybe you left it there.
Why blame Turners that you walked out without anything????

joash
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
All I'm saying is I'm not impressed with their customer service, so I try to take my business elsewhere.

S470FM
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I got a pretty sweet deal on 2 pistols I wouldn't have otherwise bought. I bought a Colt Mk IV .380 with 99% bluing and original box + an early gen 2 Glock 19 with original box + 450 rounds of 9mm and 50 rds of 380 for $600.

Press Check
02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
$999

http://www.turners.com/shop/gundetail.php?id=10506