PDA

View Full Version : New 2011 State By State Anti Gun Rights Rankings

vantec08
02-16-2012, 8:07 AM
http://secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-2011-state-sy-state-anti-gun-rights.html

think of it as a reverse barometer

caboom
02-16-2012, 8:12 AM
We are lucky enough to be retiring to one of the most free states in June. WooHoo!

SilverTauron
02-16-2012, 8:25 AM
SD-4 points.

Heheh. That said the Brady Scorecard is a flawed metric , as California is titled with the most points despite NOT having the most restrictive gun laws in the nation.

Illinois bans concealed carry period and does not have state preemption , resulting in situations where driving into the wrong city (not necessarily Chicago) with a locked and unloaded gun in the trunk can still get someone cuffed, and New Jersey requires a court review before granting a carry permit -which translates to "No issue" for the non-connected NJ voter. Maryland also has "Connected Carry Only" in place with its may issue CCW.

ccmc
02-16-2012, 8:38 AM
SD-4 points.

Heheh. That said the Brady Scorecard is a flawed metric , as California is titled with the most points despite NOT having the most restrictive gun laws in the nation.

Illinois bans concealed carry period and does not have state preemption , resulting in situations where driving into the wrong city (not necessarily Chicago) with a locked and unloaded gun in the trunk can still get someone cuffed, and New Jersey requires a court review before granting a carry permit -which translates to "No issue" for the non-connected NJ voter. Maryland also has "Connected Carry Only" in place with its may issue CCW.

I guess concealed carry is only a part of the metric. How else to explain that CT (shall issue) has a score of 58 while MD (may issue) has a score of 45. BTW in a study of all 50 states the Mercatus Center at George Mason University rated California's gun laws the most restrictive in the country, while rating the state 48th in terms of overall freedom (behind only NJ and NY). Also important to note that for non-residents CA is no different than IL when it comes to concealed carry ie RIGHT DENIED.

Jason P
02-16-2012, 8:44 AM
“All too often, crime guns come from gun dealers in the states that stubbornly refuse to enact common sense, lifesaving gun laws. Every day, a river of illegal guns flows out of the states with weak gun laws, victimizing families in states that are doing their best to protect their residents. It is no accident that the states with the weakest gun laws are the exporters of death and injury.”

Every day a river of bull#$*& flows from the mouth of someone who wasn't loved by his parents or people in high school...

pdq_wizzard
02-16-2012, 8:45 AM
Here are all 50 states' rankings and the press release

WY is missing, did they secede? if so I'm there we still have some land there. :devil2:

SilverTauron
02-16-2012, 9:08 AM
Every day a river of bull#$*& flows from the mouth of someone who wasn't loved by his parents or people in high school...

Id like to know where this river of guns is located.It would seem that my FFL has been keeping secrets from me.

WnewportI
02-16-2012, 9:12 AM
I am surprised TX got a 4 and not less.

Jason P
02-16-2012, 9:20 AM
Id like to know where this river of guns is located.It would seem that my FFL has been keeping secrets from me.

FFL's don't even make the laws, which he alluded to. It's almost like the guy running things is the biggest idiot of them all...

And yes, without a doubt a river of guns would be awesome. I'd have to get a really heavy duty net to drag the river:)

Nick Justice
02-16-2012, 9:30 AM
The Bradys are obviously trying to convince everyone that we, the people, are powerless, incompetent sheep. That we must look to the almighty government for solutions to all our problems. The claim that CA, NY, CT, HI, NJ, and MA have the lowest gun death rates is an outright lie.

And why aren't the states with the highest scores totally crime-free utopias?

Ford8N
02-16-2012, 5:00 PM
The question has to be asked, what is a perfect score, 100?

SilverTauron
02-16-2012, 6:36 PM
The question has to be asked, what is a perfect score, 100?

Nope, its the United Kingdom.And they likely would get a 99 because their Olympic Team got an exemption to shoot on the island.

SoCal Gunner
02-16-2012, 6:47 PM
I'm stunned that ILLINOIS isn't rated worse.

Wherryj
02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
http://secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-2011-state-sy-state-anti-gun-rights.html

think of it as a reverse barometer

CA 81
NJ 72
MA 65
NY 62

Was this a list of "good anti-gun states" or a list of states preferred by Crime, Inc. for their "job safety" programs?

Wherryj
02-17-2012, 11:13 AM
FFL's don't even make the laws, which he alluded to. It's almost like the guy running things is the biggest idiot of them all...

And yes, without a doubt a river of guns would be awesome. I'd have to get a really heavy duty net to drag the river:)

I think that you missed the point. The FFL sells guns to the poster. If he is aware of just where this "river of guns" was located and isn't forthcoming with the information, he is making a profit by doing so.

After all, you know where everyone on this forum would be fishing.

Thelaststand
02-17-2012, 11:18 AM
The Bradys are obviously trying to convince everyone that we, the people, are powerless, incompetent sheep. That we must look to the almighty government for solutions to all our problems. The claim that CA, NY, CT, HI, NJ, and MA have the lowest gun death rates is an outright lie.

And why aren't the states with the highest scores totally crime-free utopias?

Vermont has the lowest "gun murder" rate although we should always set them straight when they try to focus on gun crime rate when it is total crime rate that is more important.

bhartin
02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I am surprised TX got a 4 and not less.

Probably because we don't allow open carry. It's surprising that barring open carry is only worth 4 points to the Braindead Bunch.

IrishPirate
02-17-2012, 11:24 AM
not surprised at the results....seem to be the same every year.

And i think the only people that read those results are us gunners so we can see how good/bad other states have it

Patermagnus
02-17-2012, 11:35 AM
More fear-based politics. Sure California, NY and NJ have more gun laws, but the Brady folks fail to point out that they also have more crime than most states. Guess those gun laws aren't doing the job they were intended to do. Shocker.

And, of course, New Hampshire and Maine have fewer gun laws than most states, and are two of the safest states in the USA. It's time to start an email campaign to the Brady folks asking for an explanation as to why their laws seem to be producing the opposite of the intended effect.

Violent crime census from 2006:
http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html

randian
02-17-2012, 3:51 PM
Probably because we don't allow open carry. It's surprising that barring open carry is only worth 4 points to the Braindead Bunch.
I don't think it's open carry, several open carry states got lower scores than TX, and FL has a lower score even though they also ban open carry.

Al Norris
02-17-2012, 4:52 PM
I protest! They gave Idaho 2 points (for the no guns on campus thingy), but didn't give us a demerit! - At the bottom of the list is a dermerit for no CCW that is worth a -2 points. Well, under Idaho law, you only need a CCW if you are within city limits. You can lawfully conceal without a permit outside of the boundaries of the cities. That's worth at least a -1 demerit which should have brought Idaho to a whopping score of, 1 !!!

I protested last year, but did they listen? Noooooo!

Model94Guy
02-17-2012, 5:23 PM
Utah-0: St. George here i come!!!

LoadedM333
02-17-2012, 5:28 PM
Every state should be like Alaska, Arizona and Utah. Man I'm jealous!

rplusplus
02-17-2012, 5:29 PM
I always love that #1 is last.

yellowfin
02-17-2012, 6:40 PM
Guess those gun laws aren't doing the job they were intended to do. Actually they work exactly as intended, but those who enact and support them will never admit their real intention.