PDA

View Full Version : AR15 (or any other "modern sport rifle") with 2 mags

Sir Stunna Lot
02-16-2012, 4:56 AM
Been reading on the Keltec KSG and its double mag feature, and then it got me thinking.

Speaking specifically for CA, the only laws regarding magazine size is the 10 round limit.
Considering the KSG is legal in CA because each of its mags hold 10 or less, however, it can acommodate 2 mags.

Whats stopping someone from manufacturing a "device" for the AR15 that mounts into the magwell but holds 2 seperate mags so that the rifle can have 20 available rounds but still following the law limiting 10 round per mag.

good idea? or am i missing some law that would prohibit such device? or am i plain crazy?

shellslinger
02-16-2012, 9:23 AM
I think there is something like this. I think its called something along the lines of blue force or its made by blue force

itisagoodname
02-16-2012, 9:53 AM
The KSG style AR would have a dual magwell with a selector switch.

Im not going to look into it but there has to be some fine print about "detachable" magazines where an AR's mags are detachable but the KSG mags arent.

Even with the KSG in California, between the 2 mags, i doubt you can have more than 10 rounds loaded at a time. This again makes the "Dual" mag idea a moot point.

CSACANNONEER
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
The KSG style AR would have a dual magwell with a selector switch.

Im not going to look into it but there has to be some fine print about "detachable" magazines where an AR's mags are detachable but the KSG mags arent.

Even with the KSG in California, between the 2 mags, i doubt you can have more than 10 rounds loaded at a time. This again makes the "Dual" mag idea a moot point.

WTF are you talking about? The only ARs which are legally required to use 10 round mags do not have detachable mags in the first place.

CHS
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
The AW laws ban a fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, centerfire rifle with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. Now, the language is kinda vague, and common sense would dictate that those are 10 rounds that can actually be chambered and fired without any external action on the shooters side.

However, this is California and common sense doesn't apply. An AR15 with two magazines, even if it requires a selector switch to move between magazines, would probably be considered a fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, centerfire rifle with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

I honestly wouldn't try something like this.