PDA

View Full Version : slidefire solutions stock

jebuwh
02-16-2012, 12:30 AM
alright... so i know im going to get a million people clicking on this thread ready to kill me... but i may have more updated info on the slidefire solutions bumpfire stock. i was just in the store Gunrunners in Duarte if any of you know the place. great little shop.
i go in there looking at some lowers, and they have a video test review of the stock. i look at it and cant help but smile. but then i sigh and say well too bad its illlegal here in california.
he begs to differ. he says that an email went out from doj to i swear he said gunshops, law enforcement agencies, ect. as a warning that this stock existed and that it is legal here in california. said he could order me one right then if i wanted.
thoughts anyone??

MrPlink
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
JTFC (guess what that stands for) he is confusing state with fed. ATF is NOT the DOJ.

I know you are thinking, "I know the differrence!"
Well I hate to break it to you, but if think this is true, then clearly you do NOT know the DOJ.

That aside, IBTL

Merc1138
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
He's not a lawyer now is he? A salesman trying to sell you something, strange huh?

unusedusername
02-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Who do you believe?

A gunshop employee/owner or the lawyer that advises the NRA in California?

Buy one if you want, but be forewarned that lawyering is expensive.

winnre
02-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Someone please buy one, take it to the cops and surrender it, then ask for it back. If the court says it is illegal then get Slidefire to lawyer up for their product. If it is legal you have a precedent. This cannot be that expensive to do.

alfred1222
02-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Theres a sticky with all the information and the arguments for and against this stock. personally, i wont be buying one unless each and every 3 letter organization (ATF, DOJ, FBI, or anyone else that can arrest me) sends out a statewide memo explaining that it is completely 100% legal to own and use here in california. and even if that happens, ill wait until i see multiple people using them at the local ranges before i invest in one.

IBTL

alfred1222
02-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Someone please buy one, take it to the cops and surrender it, then ask for it back. If the court says it is illegal then get Slidefire to lawyer up for their product. If it is legal you have a precedent. This cannot be that expensive to do.

I know that one of the RO's at Riggen Field in Tulare has one, and he enjoys going rock and roll with it once in awhile. there have been police there who have watched him and shot it, but than again, thats Tulare county. i dont think that the police or RO's in fresno, san jose, LA, or some of the bigger cities would feel the same way.

TacticalPlinker
02-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Just curious, I know it's legal to own many different types of products in California, such as certain stocks and high capacity magazines, it's only when you use them in a certain manner that makes them illegal. For example an adjustable AK or AR stock is legal to buy and own, but if used without a bullet button, it's now illegal. Or the whole fiasco with the clarity of the laws regarding high cap mags.

So perhaps owning this SlideFire stock is legal in California, but if it's installed, it's now illegal. Or something to that effect. Any ideas?

Personally I don't care, I don't own one and I don't want one, nor have I been following the garbage surrounding this stock, but it's an idea and I'm curious to see if this will fall into that "buy at your own risk" catergory because of vauge, cryptic and ever changing laws, or if the law is/will be explicit and specific regarding this exact stock.

Librarian
02-16-2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=527201