PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Springfield XD9 w/o Night Sights even though I wanted them... (Story)

DrDavid
02-15-2012, 8:50 PM
I saw an XD9 with Trijicon sights at the Corona store, but when I went back, they didn't have the gun any longer. Apparently, I was told that the Trijicon night-sight version of the XD9 was "discontinued". So, I settled on the XD9 without the night sights....

What I can't figure out though is, when I look at your list of discontinued guns that you've posted on this forum, the XD9 w/ night sights (the XD9104 vs. the XD9101 w/o sights) doesn't appear anywhere.

Kinda disappointing, but, I was able to get the Trijicon sights from Amazon (and have them installed by xd-hs2000.com) for a bit less than buying it factory installed would have been. So, all's sorta well that ends well, but, still disappointed.

Perhaps you should start putting a sticker on the guns where the inventory is very restricted? Had I known the XD9 w/ Trijicon was the LAST one, I probably would have purchased it then vs. coming back a few days later to buy it.

Anyways, just a suggestion, I guess..

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I saw an XD9 with Trijicon sights at the Corona store, but when I went back, they didn't have the gun any longer. Apparently, I was told that the Trijicon night-sight version of the XD9 was "discontinued". So, I settled on the XD9 without the night sights....

What I can't figure out though is, when I look at your list of discontinued guns that you've posted on this forum, the XD9 w/ night sights (the XD9104 vs. the XD9101 w/o sights) doesn't appear anywhere.

Kinda disappointing, but, I was able to get the Trijicon sights from Amazon (and have them installed by xd-hs2000.com) for a bit less than buying it factory installed would have been. So, all's sorta well that ends well, but, still disappointed.

Perhaps you should start putting a sticker on the guns where the inventory is very restricted? Had I known the XD9 w/ Trijicon was the LAST one, I probably would have purchased it then vs. coming back a few days later to buy it.

Anyways, just a suggestion, I guess..

Sometimes, we don't get advance notice when a factory is dropping a given gun. The disc. list usually shows guns that are discontinued and have been marked down to move since we likely had a more than a few in stock. If they linger for a while, we sometimes mark them down again which is why you do see some models with just a few in stock.

But if we are thin on a given gun already and the factory discontinues it, we may be sold out by the time we look at purging disc. guns which means they never hit the disc. list.