PDA

View Full Version : Trigger sticking on my Savage 10FCP .308

DWGL
02-15-2012, 8:09 PM
So this is starting to happen more and more i dont know what exactly is the problem but sometimes when I close the bolt the trigger will not engage then i have to lift the bolt knob then the trigger will engage how can i fix this problem??? Has anyone else had to deal with this problem . Thanks for your input .

darqhelmet
02-15-2012, 8:40 PM
Did you adjust the trigger? I have seen them trip the safeties when they are set to lite. Same problem was happening with my buddies when he would close the bolt to fast until he brought the trigger pull weight back to about 2 pounds.

joelogic
02-15-2012, 9:45 PM
I got so annoyed with that I just replaced the trigger. Never really likes the accu-trigger anyway. Basix trigger ~$70.

Increasing the weight of the trigger pull should fix the problem.

rksimple
02-16-2012, 6:52 AM
Either too little sear engagement or too light trigger spring pressure.

Army
02-16-2012, 6:57 AM
Yup. Set too light.

Lose it, and get a Rifle Basix or Sharp Shooter Supply trigger. You will be much happier.

Bug Splat
02-16-2012, 8:26 AM
yup, you need more pressure put on the spring bar. Too light and it will not reset.

LRShooter
02-16-2012, 9:17 AM
I've got a couple of Savages, one of which gave me that gave me never ending problems witht the accu-trigger. It didn't matter what the trigger weight was set at. Instead of sending it back to Savage, I went with the SSS trigger. You one from can get them directly, but I used these guys. I've ordered a couple, with no problems and fast service.

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Competition-Trigger.html

It will probably take a little dremel work on the savage trigger housing, but install in relatively easy.

DWGL
02-17-2012, 7:41 AM
sweet thanks guys I haven't messed with the trigger pull at all an this problem is happening . Im gonna go the New trigger route so SSS trigger is about to get ordered.
Thanks for your feedback.

DWGL
02-17-2012, 7:42 AM
sweet thanks guys I haven't messed with the trigger pull at all an this problem is happening . Im gonna go the New trigger route so SSS trigger is about to get ordered.
Thanks for your feedback.