View Full Version : Triggers & The Dual Personalities of Mil-Spec

02-15-2012, 7:38 PM
Anyone notice how gun shop guys and some manufacturers like to brag about something being mil-spec, but then the moment you point out something being sub-par in quality its because its mil-spec and you should "upgrade" and spend more money on a replacement?

Just an observation from someone new to ARs :cool2:

I had this experience the other day regarding a "Mil-spec" trigger. By Mil-spec, I think they meant that the trigger "worked", never mind it was gritty and machined by monkeys.

On that note, can anyone recommend a good single-stage trigger that is crisp like the Rock River 2-stage and breaks heavy? I tried a geissele match trigger at a shop and it was very crisp but I'm looking for something with a longer and heavier pull.

02-15-2012, 7:50 PM
Geissele SD-3G is awesome. It's a single stage but feels kinda like the 1st stage on a 2 stage except you never get to the 2nd stage, it just breaks. Also the reset is super short. I just upgraded triggers in both my AR's about 2 months ago and can not believe the difference from a "mil-spec" trigger. I put the Geissele SD-E on my other AR and that thing is sweet if you want to rock the 2 stage

And yes, mil-spec is not necessarily the best