PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the keep shooting Cz52

HskrVern
02-15-2012, 8:59 AM
mags? I'm about ready to head to the range and test mine out. I've read a lot of reviews on how cheap and flimsy these things are. I've applied a reasonable amount of pressure trying to dislocate the floor plate and had no luck, and its also loaded and fed inert rounds fine. I'm also planning on killing a few water jugs with some Reed's 7.62x25 hornady loads and buffalo bore's 9mak hornady offering.

ElvenSoul
02-15-2012, 9:02 AM
We will require pic if not video footage of this outting.

HskrVern
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Just got back, the mags worked ok. I cycled through each three times and each one didn't lock the slide back on the last shot once, and one mag had a ftf. I'll have vids/pics up of the ammo "test" here in a bit when I clean my 52 and edit 'em.

johnthomas
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
How much did they cost? I own 3 cz52's. A couple of years ago I bought an armorers kit.
Last week I got a round stuck in the chamber, I took the slide off, took firing pin out and took it home to work on it.

HskrVern
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
How much did they cost? I own 3 cz52's. A couple of years ago I bought an armorers kit.
Last week I got a round stuck in the chamber, I took the slide off, took firing pin out and took it home to work on it.

They were a bit under 22 bucks per mag. IMHO perfectly fine for range work.

HskrVern
02-15-2012, 1:00 PM
allrightie, vids will take a while so I'll post up some pictures of the Reed's and buffalo bore ammo.

1st up is the BB in 9x18. Fired from a Cz82 at aprox 7 yards it penetrated 1 water jug and was caught in the 2nd (dented the far jug wall) the core separated from the jacket too. The recoil from this round didn't feel any different from the normal S&B that I usually shoot. However, the accuracy with this was pretty dang good I did shoot it better than S&B. IMHO I'm very disappointed in the performance from the Cz82.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/kidsnfids/IMG_5049.jpg

At the end of the range trip I had two jugs of water left and I decided to catch a bullet with my P-64. For some reason (maybe you expert ballisticians can teach me why) the BB ammo blew up the first jug and smoked through the second. I was not able to recover the bullet and I'll definately try it again in the P-64 when the wife and time permits. IMHO recoil was the same as S&B FMJ fodder.

Lastly was the Reeds Ammunition and Research 85gr Hornady offering. From seven yards it penetrated 2 jugs (blew the first in two pieces) and was caught in the third (dented the back wall). Feeding was excellent (shot about 30 rounds between the Cz52 and M57) and so was expansion. Accuracy was good too.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/kidsnfids/IMG_5046.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/kidsnfids/IMG_5045.jpg

gun toting monkeyboy
02-15-2012, 1:24 PM
The only problem I have ever had with mine was a broken firing pin. Grab a couple of extras and go to town with it. If you don't dryfire it, you won't even have that problem. They are anything but flimsy. Not my favorite 7.62 pistol, but robust doesn't even begin to decribe them.

-Mb