PDA

View Full Version : SLO Sheriff Townhall Meeting

choprzrul
02-15-2012, 5:30 AM
If you have LTC questions for Sheriff Parkinson, he will be at a townhall meeting this week: {Start copy here--> sanluisobispo.com/2012/02/14/1948150/meet-the-sheriff-town-hall.html <-- end copy here. They are blocking linking from CGN it looks like, so you are going to have to copy/paste the link into your browser.

I will not be able to make this one, but I am hoping that some CGN/CGF types can be there. This is your opportunity to engage in 2A dialog in an open forum with the county's highest elected official.

mrrsquared79
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
If you have LTC questions for Sheriff Parkinson, he will be at a townhall meeting this week: {Start copy here--> sanluisobispo.com/2012/02/14/1948150/meet-the-sheriff-town-hall.html <-- end copy here. They are blocking linking from CGN it looks like, so you are going to have to copy/paste the link into your browser.

I will not be able to make this one, but I am hoping that some CGN/CGF types can be there. This is your opportunity to engage in 2A dialog in an open forum with the county's highest elected official.

Choprzrul-clearly the poster underneath you doesn't have a clue...I posted a rebuttal.

wildhawker
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
SLO County residents should go ask ask the sheriff [only] very narrow and direct questions. Record the meeting, video if possible, decent audio at minimum.

"Sheriff, are you aware that your carry license policy is unlawful and discriminates against the vast majority of peaceful, law-abiding residents of SLO County?" (It is.)

"Sheriff, now that you know your policy is unlawful, are you committed to creating and adopting a compliant policy within the next thirty days?" (Here's a copy of a Model Policy that fully comports with California and Federal law. Why not adopt this policy?) "What is a reasonable time for us to expect your revised policy?"

"Sheriff, do you believe that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects our fundamental right as free people to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense?" (Does the right to "bear" end at my doorstep, Sheriff?)

"Sheriff, will you commit to working with The Calguns Foundation to ensure that your policy allows all peaceful, non-prohibited SLO County residents the ability to carry a firearm for self-defense?"

Keep the questions such that the audience clearly understands what you're getting at, and will recognize a BS answer when he gives one.

-Brandon

oldsmoboat
02-15-2012, 2:45 PM
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/02/14/1948150/meet-the-sheriff-town-hall.html

wildhawker
02-15-2012, 4:19 PM
Commenter "Top" must be a Brady lawyer.

-Brandon

curtisfong
02-15-2012, 5:20 PM
Hah this is great reading.

Jack L
02-15-2012, 6:23 PM
Indeed........Whoever this ‘top’ is, he is really undereducated in firearm law and the constitution among many other things.
Good Grief, he's no match for Brandon's skill level.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/02/14/1948150/meet-the-sheriff-town-hall.html

choprzrul
02-15-2012, 6:40 PM
He is so out classed....it is almost unfair. Brandon gave him the 1--2 and then an uppercut that left his head spinning. 'Top' is now stumbling around punch drunk and rambling.

Kudos to Brandon

Is anyone going to be able to make it to the meeting? Sure would be nice to have enough people so that each of Brandon's questions could be asked in order by different people. A little coordination via C3 needed here? Where's Kali-Jax & Army? jbolder?

C'mon guys, make a showing.

ShootinMedic
02-15-2012, 7:35 PM
Great comments by Brandon and Choprzrul. Top was running in circles.

Reminded me of the title of this book...
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqUmh8hVaGcF-KYZJJEyRk0i_oAH4clXJsMWInWoiu3BgThLqG

choprzrul
02-16-2012, 5:41 AM
Bump

Looks like the editors at the Tribune (very left leaning rag) are editing away the comments that they don't like. Strangely, none of 'Top's comments are flagged or deleted???

Drivedabizness
02-16-2012, 7:20 AM
How come most of Brandon's comments are "flagged for review". Was he cussing? :)

choprzrul
02-16-2012, 7:33 AM
How come most of Brandon's comments are "flagged for review". Was he cussing? :)

It hurt their liberal ears to hear the truth from Brandon. It is simply more than they can bear to think that "Gun Rights ARE Civil Rights". They have once again affirmed why I don't subscribe/read the Tribune.

Jack L
02-16-2012, 8:14 AM
A bit of a jack but can’t help myself. This is more about ‘top’ than the original post.

The Tribune wants all ones personal information to sigh in, unlike Cal Coast News where you can basically remain anonymous. The Trib is just the fish wrapper that would hand over all your personal information to whoever thy please yet state they didn't.

I hope ‘top’ gets linked to Calguns for a wake up call. If he ever does...........

top, you are a lone drop of water about to be covered in a massive tidal surge. The facts are that in the USA each law abiding citizen can, or soon will be able to carry a concealed handgun..................see yu down at the firearms range when you wake up from your dream.

Kalderis40
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Its funny how 'Top' was always asking everyone to explain and kept rambling on, but when asked to do the same, he couldn't. Good job Brandon!

gun toting monkeyboy
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Top is a tool. He doesn't know when he is beaten.

Chosen_1
02-16-2012, 2:24 PM
I'd like to see an after action report for this.

choprzrul
02-16-2012, 8:22 PM
I'd like to see an after action report for this.

I'll be surprised if anyone attended, let alone video or audio record the event. I had to work until after 6:30, so there was no way that I could get there in time. I know your situation Chosen, so nothing against you. I just wish that more SLO CGN'rs would get off their butts & get active. Nothing will change sitting behind the keyboard.

choprzrul
02-16-2012, 8:31 PM
I would be remiss not to extend a special thank you to Brandon for putting in some of his precious time engaging the uninformed via our local newspaper's website. I know that you are spread really thin Brandon; but know that you are always appreciated.

wildhawker
02-16-2012, 8:43 PM
My pleasure. It kept things interesting on a few conference calls.

-Brandon

Stonewalker
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
"Brandon Combs: Keeping the internet safe by arguing with trolls"

No but seriously, as much work as you do with RKBA, your tenacity in that thread did impress me. I go through phases of doing "internet grassroots" stuff (arguing on the internet), but lately I haven't had the energy. Heck, last year I spent WAY too much time on the HuffPo defending gun rights/civil rights. It can be fun and I actually think it's important on a macro scale.

wildhawker
02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VcrNn8AiWMc/Tq2CavD4Y1I/AAAAAAAABCs/iv07lVmamsE/s1600/Someone+is+wrong+on+internet.png

-Brandon

Connor P Price
02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Ha, no matter how many times I see that picture I always get a chuckle.

In most circumstances we'll never change the mind of those we argue against online, but the argument is still important so that those reading it get the full picture.

Stonewalker
02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VcrNn8AiWMc/Tq2CavD4Y1I/AAAAAAAABCs/iv07lVmamsE/s1600/Someone+is+wrong+on+internet.png

-Brandon

Ha, no matter how many times I see that picture I always get a chuckle.

In most circumstances we'll never change the mind of those we argue against online, but the argument is still important so that those reading it get the full picture.

As the arbiters of truth, it is our humble duty to argue until there is no one left with whom to argue...

wildhawker
02-17-2012, 12:33 AM
As the arbiters of truth, it is our humble duty to argue until there is no one left with whom to argue...

I don't know about you, but I'm riding off into the sunset to sip good booze with great friends on somebody's porch and be forgotten just as soon as I can.

-Brandon

Connor P Price
02-17-2012, 12:54 AM

There will ALWAYS be those that disagree with us. Once we win it wont be necessary to fight them anymore. They will be like the guy on the corner screaming "The end is nigh!" Nobody will care.

I don't know about you, but I'm riding off into the sunset to sip good booze with great friends on somebody's porch and be forgotten just as soon as I can.

-Brandon

You will have earned the booze and friends, but you probably wont be forgotten.

furyous68
02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
I must say... TOP is a moron... chasing his tail. Kudos to you Brandon for putting the smack down in a VERY professional & clear manner.

Choperzrul... I appreciate your enthusiasm & support, but please don't assume we central coast members are all lazy & uninterested in our rights. I have a wife & 2 kids, one of which is disabled. My wife has to take care of her, and can not work regularly. I am self-employed, and work for 2 architects. My family comes first, above all things. I don't get home until 6 most nights, and then I need to spend time with them.

I'm not flaming you, but don't assume I'm being apathetic. I feel my priority is my family.. not arguing with a Sheriff who isn't going to change his policy until he is legally *****-slapped into doing so. Parkinson should never have been voted in. Taxiera was the best man for the job, but that's how the cookie crumbles at times.

wildhawker
02-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Furyous68,

We can all contribute differently - which is entirely as it should be, as long as we do.

-Brandon

furyous68
02-19-2012, 1:00 PM
I appreciate that.. and wasn't trying to be a jerk. I know Choperzrul is very enthusiastic with his support, and I just wanted to remind him that not all of us can do as much. I commend him, and everyone else here that do the best they can in helping restore our 2A rights.

Cheers!

k1dude
02-19-2012, 1:36 PM
"Top" doesn't seem to understand the English language. Regardless of how many times he/she/it was told that "bear" means "carry" - whether openly or concealed, he/she/it continued to ask where it specifically states in the 2nd Ammendment that they use the word "carry". What a moron.

"Top" reminds me of these two quotes:

"How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!" - Samuel Adams

and

"Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government." - James Madison

intense
02-19-2012, 2:21 PM
So who has gotten a ccw in SLO county? If I live in the county not patrolled by police but the sheriff do I have a better chance to get a ccw approved?

Librarian
02-19-2012, 2:30 PM
So who has gotten a ccw in SLO county? If I live in the county not patrolled by police but the sheriff do I have a better chance to get a ccw approved?

Apparently 200 'civilian' LTC are out from the Sheriff; 4 from Arroyo Grande, 4 from Paso, 1 from Pismo, and 0 from San Luis.

That says yes, it's easier from the Sheriff; but 200 for about 200,000 eligibles is a pretty small number.

intense
02-19-2012, 4:48 PM
Apparently 200 'civilian' LTC are out from the Sheriff; 4 from Arroyo Grande, 4 from Paso, 1 from Pismo, and 0 from San Luis.

That says yes, it's easier from the Sheriff; but 200 for about 200,000 eligibles is a pretty small number.
4+4+1=5:eek:

wildhawker
02-19-2012, 5:09 PM

Librarian was referencing the ~200 civilian LTCs issued by the sheriff, plus the ~5 civilian LTCs issued by the respective chiefs of police of the citied cities.

See: http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/downloads/file/41-2011-ca-doj-data-active-ltc-report.html

-Brandon

Librarian
02-19-2012, 5:28 PM

Those are the numbers of 'civilian' LTC issued by cities in SLO county, as distinct from those issued by the Sheriff's office.

I never added those 3 numbers. If you do, and get '5', you should be somewhat surprised.

intense
02-22-2012, 8:17 PM
I got that was just trying to be funny. But it seems Parkinson doesn't want CCW holders in SLO County.