PDA

View Full Version : shotgun stolen in stockton, ca

chrisf
02-14-2012, 8:19 PM
Well I let my mother who lives in stockton, Use my .410 single shot rossi tuffy. Shes in san jose due to work and only comes home on the weekend. She found out her house got broken into today in broad daylight and the gun is gone. I called the SPD and am awaiting a call back. I have the dros form with the serial # to give. My question is what do I do next? Am I as*ed out of $200? And just hope that it gets found or what? Thieves just piss me off. I feel so violated knowing my gun is out with some little thug getting shown off (not that its much to show off) to his punk homies UGH!!!! I was going to let her keep my 1911 (good thing I didnt or I'd be out of more $$$) Any info would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

SocomM4
02-14-2012, 8:29 PM
Sad story man. Did you happen to loan her a locking device?

Last few years its been tweekers doing the b&e stuff,losers.

chrisf
02-14-2012, 8:42 PM
It sucks. I did give her a locking device (It says on the trigger) And when I asked she said it WAS LOCKED. And she has the key with her so thats a good thing. Its funny how you say tweakers, Because the kid I suspect of doing this is a tweaker. He broke into 2 other houses in the neiborhood and he lives right behind my mom. My moms neibor kicks it with him and knew she would be gone. So is that something I should tell the police? Or just keep it to myself until I figure out some more info. Im going down there tommorow and am going to have a little talk with him and my moms neibor. Im a little hesistant though because I may loose my temper so im still pawning on it. Im just really upset ive been through alot with my mother this year divorces, shooting windows, etc. Im going to salvage this vday and take my wife out to eat. Thanks for your response.

dwtt
02-18-2012, 6:16 PM
It sucks. I did give her a locking device (It says on the trigger) And when I asked she said it WAS LOCKED. And she has the key with her so thats a good thing. Its funny how you say tweakers, Because the kid I suspect of doing this is a tweaker. He broke into 2 other houses in the neiborhood and he lives right behind my mom. My moms neibor kicks it with him and knew she would be gone. So is that something I should tell the police? Or just keep it to myself until I figure out some more info. Im going down there tommorow and am going to have a little talk with him and my moms neibor. Im a little hesistant though because I may loose my temper so im still pawning on it. Im just really upset ive been through alot with my mother this year divorces, shooting windows, etc. Im going to salvage this vday and take my wife out to eat. Thanks for your response.

Yes, this is something you should tell the police. If you decide to pound on the punk yourself, you'll end up in jail and he'll look like the victim. Let the police do it for you and put him in jail. Why not let the police use the authority of the government to pound on him?

jigenax
02-18-2012, 6:36 PM
Damn, that sucks. You should also consider getting a gun safe or one of those CA DOJ approved gun cabinets. I've seen the 8 gun cabinets on sale at Turners for $99 + tax now and then. They got bolt holes on the bottom and backside so you can bolt them into the floor and/or wall studs. I have safes bolted down at my place to keep my guns, ammo and valuables secured. Good luck!