PDA

View Full Version : FN SCAR stock block help

JUm3
02-14-2012, 6:42 PM
hey guys, I have a SCAR in gun-jail now and I am working on making it Cali-legal. I got the raddlock and stock block from riflegear and had no problem installing the bulletbutton. However, I am having problems installing the stock block.

THis is the part and instructions: http://www.riflegear.com/p-943-stock-block-fn-scar.aspx

The only problem I am having is the very first step. I understand how to get get the push button out. I can't seem to unpin the hinge. I have a punch pin and a hammer and when looking at the top of the hinge, I cant find any leverage point to drive it out. Can someone walk me through?

I'll try to get a picture up tonight.

kozumasbullitt
02-14-2012, 7:31 PM
Did you look at the bottom? I can't remember but can look at mine if you are still stumped.

kozumasbullitt
02-14-2012, 7:35 PM
Ok, you need a very thin punch and you go from the top. It only takes one or two whacks to get it to start to come out, at that point grab the exposed hinge pin with pliers and pull it out.

JUm3
02-14-2012, 8:24 PM
i have a pin punch but I don't knwo where it contacts the pin from the top.

shark92651
02-14-2012, 9:02 PM
You are gonna bend the plastic a bit out of the way. The hinge is basically hollow so you insert a thin punch at an angle and tap it down with a hammer and catch the edge of the hinge pin. Once it starts to move it is a bit easier to drive it the rest of the way out. If your punch isn't long enough to drive it all the way out, just grab it from the bottom with a pair of pliers and pull it the rest of the way out from the bottom.

JUm3
02-14-2012, 9:15 PM
You are gonna bend the plastic a bit out of the way. The hinge is basically hollow so you insert a thin punch at an angle and tap it down with a hammer and catch the edge of the hinge pin. Once it starts to move it is a bit easier to drive it the rest of the way out. If your punch isn't long enough to drive it all the way out, just grab it from the bottom with a pair of pliers and pull it the rest of the way out from the bottom.

woa. just the help i need. so how do you mean bend the plastic? like do i have to cut part of the top?

kozumasbullitt
02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
woa. just the help i need. so how do you mean bend the plastic? like do i have to cut part of the top?

There is a tiny hole or the top, use a small punch and go at a slight angle.

Rukus
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
The hole on the top of my hinge pin was too small for my smallest punch to fit in. What I believe Shark means is you are going to have to work your punch in, essentially hogging out that hole in order to get the punch into the hinge. That's how mine worked.