PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Gun Shows

somekevinguy
02-14-2012, 6:24 PM
I used to go to the Pamona shows when I was a kid but haven't been to one since. I was thinking of going to Ontario this weekend. Are they worth my time? I was looking for good deals on ammo and considering a Remington 700. How do I get my weapon if I buy one there? Do I got to go to their store, wait for the next show????

7.62x54R
02-14-2012, 7:06 PM
Ontario is among the worst of the worst

somekevinguy
02-14-2012, 7:19 PM
Ha ha! Great. A guy at work was telling me it was one of the better ones. Is that whole Crossroads series bad? Are there any good ones in SoCal?

Crotalus
02-14-2012, 7:32 PM
Ha ha! Great. A guy at work was telling me it was one of the better ones. Is that whole Crossroads series bad? Are there any good ones in SoCal?

Honestly..... Its a bunch of C&R, Jerky and jewelry... I go to the Costa Mesa show because its local for me..... Ontario seems way smaller, but its mostly the same stuff.

Dont get me wrong.. You will find decent prices on ammo, and *SOME* firearms and *SOME* firearms accessories.... If you have nothing better to do then go for it.

7.62x54R
02-14-2012, 7:38 PM
Pay $11 or so to get in and like $8 for parking at your own risk. Ripoff of the west shows are bad Ontario except for maybe Ventura is the worst.

Solid Foundation
02-14-2012, 7:50 PM
Honestly..... Its a bunch of C&R, Jerky and jewelry... I go to the Costa Mesa show because its local for me..... Ontario seems way smaller, but its mostly the same stuff.

Dont get me wrong.. You will find decent prices on ammo, and *SOME* firearms and *SOME* firearms accessories.... If you have nothing better to do then go for it.

^ what he said.
Crossroads always has non-gun stuff. When I first started going to these shows in San Diego back in '01 I saw Pokemon cards. The stuff I saw at the last show in Costa Mesa were the RC helicopters and other such things.

If you're in the market for an AR like I am then you might want to take a look, LOTS of stuff there - quality parts and knock-offs, too. Like any of these shows, know what you want and what to expect to pay before you go or you might get fleeced.

Crotalus
02-14-2012, 8:05 PM
^ what he said.
Crossroads always has non-gun stuff. When I first started going to these shows in San Diego back in '01 I saw Pokemon cards. The stuff I saw at the last show in Costa Mesa were the RC helicopters and other such things.

If you're in the market for an AR like I am then you might want to take a look, LOTS of stuff there - quality parts and knock-offs, too. Like any of these shows, know what you want and what to expect to pay before you go or you might get fleeced.

Totally forgot about about the RC helo's.... Dont forget about about the airsoft as well..... Yeah I get it... but its a gun show... not an airsoft show.

somekevinguy
02-14-2012, 8:46 PM
So is there actually and good shows around here?

Solid Foundation
02-14-2012, 8:57 PM
What are you looking for?
Ammo? Pistols? Rifles? Parts?

Good depends on what you're looking for - you might want to specify that.
I go to Crossroads because I can look past the unrelated stuff, I like to see the occasional side topic, and at the very least I can pick up ammo cheaper in bulk w/o worrying about shipping. I certainly wouldn't go for buying a gun though.

Bobby Ricigliano
02-15-2012, 4:40 AM
I go to see the young guys who dress up as military reenactors instead of just enlisting in the real military. (It's much safer).

On another note, if you are in the market for some really high end optics and AR accessories (NcStar, UTG, Promag, Leapers), you will find it in abundance.

I'll be there because I need a a new leather wallet and an L.A. Times subscription. I'll probably snag a new dreamcatcher on the way out, maybe even a big bag of pistachios. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

bplvr
02-18-2012, 5:52 PM
When you go to the CM show ,stop by the CalGuns booth. First bldg. on the left after entering. Buy some CGN swag and say hello .

Grnjeep1
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Went to the Ontario show yesterday. It was stupid crowded, couldn't even walk around. Prices on ammo were "ok" not great. Everything else was just over priced. Not worth the time, or the price to get in including parking.

huesos
02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't know what any one else is looking for, but the only reason I ever went to OC or Ventura was for primers by the sleeve and jugs of 231. Has any one seen these supplies recently?

Batman
02-19-2012, 5:16 PM
Can't get primers or powder at Ontario; Fire Marshal won't allow them in the building.

Not to threadjack, but has anyone been to X-roads in Phoenix? I'll be out there next month, but if it's the same I'll just go to a Spring Training baseball game instead.

3S16
02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
The Crossroads of the West at Ventura is pretty good - much better than McMann Roadrunner. Plus you get Sunday admission free when you go on Saturday.
Picked up a CNCC AR-15 lower parts kit for $60 (including sales tax!) from one of the vendors. Way cheaper than local or on-line price. Now, I just need a stripped CNCC lower ($99 locally) and a upper of my choice. Might come in under $700 complete.