View Full Version : Giving a Gift as an FFL

02-14-2012, 1:55 PM
I have a question about giving a gift as an FFL.

I am an 01FFL and I wanted to know what the requirements would be for me to give my father a gun as a gift. He lives out of state (a free state). I wanted to give him a gun that is an off roster pistol for CA pursposes, but there are no restrictions in his state. My FFL is in my name, so do I just have to follow his state law for a PPT, or intrafamiliar transfer. If, so they allow face to face PPT's and for intrafamiliar. Do I just sign the gun out in my bound book to him, or do I have to sign it out to me, then send it to a local FFL.

Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

Mssr. Eleganté
02-14-2012, 3:57 PM
You need to ship the handgun to an FFL in your father's State who will then transfer the handgun to your father. If it's in your inventory then log it out to the out of state FFL.

02-14-2012, 5:47 PM
Great thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking would be the process.