PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy your 7.62x39 AR upper?

ThemBastards
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi, Nearly a year after buying my stripped lower I am finally getting back to building my first AR(I was side tracked by a sweat semi-auto 12 gauge) and was wondering where other CGers bought their 7.62x39 AR uppers. As many know almost all manufacturers that have them on their websites don't actually have them in stock so I was hoping to find some info on what make you have and if the shipping time was reasonable. Any help would be much appreciated..

So far I have my

Spike's Zombie Stripped Lower
Spike's LPK(en route)
MilSpec 6 position stock from BlackTyde tactical(en route)
2 ASC 10 round mags from Galati(en route)
Bullet Button(en route)
Wolff hammer spring(en route)

and now I am just missing my upper.

I realize that I will probably need to get an enhanced firing pin to be able to shoot the surplus stuff do any companies other than M1S carry them that are local? As always the help is appreciated.

Any other suggestions on this build are also welcome- however I am pretty set on staying with the 7.62x39 round

What length/gas system you prefer- what should I stay away from.

I will be going to the Ontario gun show this weekend too so if you know that certain tables usually carry them let me know. Thanks

1snotrocket
02-14-2012, 11:29 AM
I purchased mine from sota arms.I have not fired it yet.But it does fit very nicely to my C3 lower.The shipping time was about 3 or 4 days.

ThemBastards
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
I purchased mine from sota arms.I have not fired it yet.But it does fit very nicely to my C3 lower.The shipping time was about 3 or 4 days.

I saw that group buy for Sota on here recently, do they advertise an enhanced firing pin? Thanks for letting me know, they had some great prices on their website.

1snotrocket
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Honestly im not sure.You may want to call them.I know the price was right and i got a ton of 7.62x39 ammo.I should have all the accessories on that gun in about 1 week.Then i will go to the range and see how she fires.

ThemBastards
02-15-2012, 9:44 AM
Well I did finally find an upper in stock but I haven't ever heard of AR 15 Assemblers before. ? I think I will head to the gun show and see what they have. Any suggestions are still welcome

RonPogi
02-15-2012, 12:05 PM
PWS MK series 7.62x39 http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=275&idcategory=11

good luck

Full Clip
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Got my Colt A2-style x39 upper off Gunbroker...

MrSlippyFist
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Model1Sales. Love it.

wikioutdoor
02-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Model1Sales. Love it.

+1 especially since they include there 7.62x39 specific firing pin.

gun toting monkeyboy
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Hmmm... I got my barrel/bolt from AR15 Performance, and I don't use anything other than the standard firing pin and hammer spring. I must be doing something wrong, as mine eats anything I feed it, and has yet to have a FTF.

-Mb

wikioutdoor
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
wow ur awesome but some people have reliability issues with wolf military and similar types using standard firing pins.

btw if you look at there barrel section it makes reference to the fact they used to offer them with firing and cam pins but stopped due to supplier issues. Also there bolt assemblies are machined back further to expose more of the 556 firing pins something that isnt needed with the slightly longer pins - I'd rather have more bolt material than less.

bloodhawke83
02-15-2012, 1:08 PM
tag for later

ThemBastards
02-15-2012, 1:32 PM
+1 especially since they include there 7.62x39 specific firing pin.

That was the plan but their "In Stock" uppers are estimated to ship in 15-20 business days :mad: so I am exploring other options...

gun toting monkeyboy
02-15-2012, 2:22 PM
wow ur awesome but some people have reliability issues with wolf military and similar types using standard firing pins.

btw if you look at there barrel section it makes reference to the fact they used to offer them with firing and cam pins but stopped due to supplier issues. Also there bolt assemblies are machined back further to expose more of the 556 firing pins something that isnt needed with the slightly longer pins - I'd rather have more bolt material than less.

Ah, that may explain why I don't need the different pin. But their bolts are also "beefier" than standard 7.62x39 bolts, and can use 5.56 extractors if need be. They sell them with heavier ones now, but they are still compatible.

-Mb

Ryanorielly
02-15-2012, 2:29 PM
JohnnyUSA is a calunner whos company sells them. I bought from them. Runs flawlessly
Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

ott1
02-15-2012, 3:07 PM
I don't recommend M1S's 7.62x39 upper. My friend is still trying to sort out the short stroking problem in his upper. When he bought his upper, it didn't have the 7.62x39 specific firing pin or the cam pin.

Tried numerous lowers with carbine and rifle buffers, standard and lighweight buffers, wolff xtra power hammer spring, etc. The problem lies in the upper somewhere. Going to see if the gas port is the correct diameter next. Maybe opening it up one size.

V8MERC124
02-15-2012, 6:45 PM
I got mine form Model 1 Sales as well. 20" HBAR no issues 800rds 1yr old and I fire steel and yugo surplus (corrosive). (see it in action plus a detailed review on my channel, just search "ar 15" on my channel) http://www.youtube.com/user/V8merc124?feature=mhee If you have any specific questions, you (or anybody) can contact me there. BTW The M1S kits come standard with the enhanced firing pin. (most of the common questions about this upper are answered in my 5 videos on the gun, I hope it helps someone)

ThemBastards
02-15-2012, 8:12 PM
I got mine form Model 1 Sales as well. 20" HBAR no issues 800rds 1yr old and I fire steel and yugo surplus (corrosive). (see it in action plus a detailed review on my channel, just search "ar 15" on my channel) http://www.youtube.com/user/V8merc124?feature=mhee If you have any specific questions, you (or anybody) can contact me there. BTW The M1S kits come standard with the enhanced firing pin. (most of the common questions about this upper are answered in my 5 videos on the gun, I hope it helps someone)

Haha been watching your videos all week. I like to research large purchases thoroughly so I did find your vids on Model 1. Thanks for chiming in, I think I have heard more good than bad RE: M1S recently- just don't want to wait 20 business days before my upper even ships. :wheelchair: