PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exemption DROS Question

eltee
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I have a customer who is a current peace officer, and also has a current COE & C&R.

He wants to buy two handguns, one is a Colt 1911 Anniversary model and a Colt SAA single action revolver.

I've never DROS'd a purchase like this. He is exempt from the roster as a peace officer and exempt from the 1 in 30 rule as a COE/C&R licensee. When I do the DROS entries do I process it as a PO exemption or 1 in 30 exemption (I can't see a way to do both)?

I initially tried to DROS it as a 1/30 exempt purchase, but could not bypass the pulldown roster for the 1911 Anniversary pistol, and I am unfamiliar on how to DROS a SA revolver (or is it the single shot check box?).

Any help appreciated. THANK YOU.

RollingCode3
02-14-2012, 1:12 PM
Peace officer also exempt from 1 per 30 day rule.

kemasa
02-14-2012, 1:49 PM
When you went to submit the DROS, did you select "handgun dealer sale" for handgun, or did you select the "peace officer"? If you don't select "peace officer", then it won't be.

A single action revolver is exempt, but it is not single shot. You can do it as "exempt" or under the peace officer should also work. If you don't do it the same for both, then you need to call the DROS people and complain to ensure that you get the DROS discount for the second handgun.

eltee
02-14-2012, 5:46 PM
THANKS. No, when I tried it I logged it a Dealer Sale and hit the 1/30 exemption. I will now do them as PO sales. I appreciate the guidance and info.