PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/Aimpoint comp m2

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I traded "old Grandpappy" a old 20guage side by side yesterday for an aimpoint comp m2.
Can you guys that have obe tell me about them?
Mines a little beat up, I believe it was deployed overseas, so it has alot of ware marks on the outside.
How long do these things last?
I dont have the box nor paperwork,
So how is aimpounts warranty if im not the original owner?
Any other info you guys can offer would be great, this is my first aimpoint!

chesterthehero
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
krylon makes it look not so beat up.. never had a issue so never had to deal with warranty issues.. batteries last for like 600 years or something however you can get replacements at radio shack (walmart/cvs around me do not stock them)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/guns/batteryfront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/guns/batteryback.jpg

Sicarius
02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Aimpoints are probably the sturdiest of the red dots. As for the cosmetics, a little paint will dress them up nicely. Just replace the batteries and keep goin.
Kevin

MrPlink
02-14-2012, 12:59 PM
They are tough as nails, ive never bought a new, and ive never had an issue

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 1:01 PM
I actually like the worn look to it!
Battery us still great!

MrPlink
02-14-2012, 2:19 PM
You gonna toss that bad boy on an AK? If so, what mount do you plan on?

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 2:22 PM
Yeah its gonna go on my bulgarian 74 and I just ordered the tws dustcover rail.

RuggedJay
02-14-2012, 2:27 PM
use aluminum black for touch up.

zfields
02-14-2012, 2:27 PM
Yeah its gonna go on my bulgarian 74 and I just ordered the tws dustcover rail.

Good pick. F'ers are solid.

Fate
02-14-2012, 2:37 PM
I hope it doesn't say "Made in Sweden" on the side.

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 3:07 PM
@fate yes it does say made in sweden!
Whats wrong, is that not rite?

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 3:13 PM
Lmao just kidding!
I already know about that

Dhena81
02-14-2012, 3:38 PM
Even though the battery is probably GTG I'd check it for corrosion other than that I you can check this link out.

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/all-products/product-singleview/product/CompM2/

This mount looks really good for a comp M2.

SkRvMUVal3U

Fate
02-14-2012, 5:45 PM
@fate yes it does say made in sweden!
Whats wrong, is that not rite?
Means it's stolen US Government property.
Lmao just kidding!
I already know about that
Feds don't have a sense of humor.

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 8:18 PM
@fate and who are you? The calguns police? Its not stolen nor would I ever deal in stolen property! Now why dont you go crap in your own yard!

Fate
02-14-2012, 8:32 PM
Only trying to help. No need to overreact.

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 8:49 PM
Ok so 2 things
1 if youvwas trying to help you could have pm'd me your information!
2 I already read threads, some that you were even in, I know the rule on the m2's to a small defree, I told you I was just joking yet then you put your smart alec comment again.
Is the only reason you clicked on the thread was to spew?

Fate
02-14-2012, 9:12 PM
1. PMing might be quieter, except you already stated in the original post that you believed it was deployed overseas. Unless it was a contractor, it points to being DOD property. PMing also would not be of any benefit to other readers of the thread who've never heard that the DOD has gone after "Made in Sweden" Comp M2s and confiscated them without recompense. Tom Szeide, Head of Customer Service at Aimpoint will confirm this if any of you care to call. Furthermore, if you go to Aimpoint looking for warranty service on a Made in Sweden M2, you'll be out of luck.

2. Glad you did some research. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you were joking any more than you could tell I was.

Not that much into spew. Trying to keep people from getting burned by unwittingly dealing in stolen DOD property. If yours isn't, that's awesome, I didn't mean to imply anything. If it is, perhaps you can undo the trade. If anything, maybe some others reading this will learn something new and the potential pitfalls of CompM2s on the secondhand market.

NorCalK9.com
02-14-2012, 9:22 PM
@fate I understand that bud, and it actually from what I was told deployed overseas.
My brother has been deployed 2x and before his last deployment bought his own optic which was an aimpoint,
But whether this was overseas or not it doesnt say made in sweden on it.
And I appologize I didnt realize you were joking either in your second comment....