PDA

View Full Version : Pa: Gun Registration Bill

aileron
03-30-2007, 6:50 AM
Dear god.

GUN REGISTRATION BILL

House Bill No. 760 was introduced in the State House of representatives last week.

The bill was introduced by representatives Cruz, Youngblood, Parker, Wheatley, Bennington and Curry.

The legislation calls for every gun in Pennsylvania to be registered with the state, and each registration must be renewed annually. The registration would cost the gun owner $10 per gun each year. The bill also calls for each gun owner to be fingerprinted, have a back ground check, and to submit pass port-style photos for registration cards. The registration card for each gun would then have to be carried with that gun at all times. Any gun that registration is denied for would then be confiscated by the state police.

House Bill No. 760 was referred to a committee last week, and there's no word on when the house would vote on it.

10 NEWS spoke to local sportsmen who are outraged over the proposed legislation. Those sportsmen say they'll contact their local representatives and ask them to fight this bill.

Story Created: Mar 27, 2007 at 8:56 PM EDT

billym
03-30-2007, 9:19 AM
If you know anyone in PA get them involved. This will probably not pass but what if it did?:eek:

CalNRA
03-30-2007, 4:25 PM
so what were we saying about registration not being a problem again?

thmpr
03-30-2007, 5:14 PM
Anti-gunners slowly taking the country...one state at a time. How ironic we (CA) are made a fun of due to our gun laws....:rolleyes:

taloft
03-30-2007, 5:48 PM
I wonder if they are using the Amish schoolhouse shooting for fearmongering purposes. You notice that this bill is introduced right as they are opening the new schoolhouse on monday. This just happens to be the six month anniversary of the shooting. Man, I hope the Parker case makes it to the top.

cartman
03-30-2007, 5:52 PM
I have a few friends from there and pulling stuff like that in Pa is political suicide.