PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson M&P Pistols

onequickshift
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
You guys intending to carry these? :confused:

shark92651
02-14-2012, 7:33 PM
Yes, we are looking at picking up some S&W pistols. Again, we will post here when we have them or have them on the way.

onequickshift
02-15-2012, 5:33 PM
Thank you :) always happy to wait, since you guys are much better than surrounding businesses!

onequickshift
03-14-2012, 2:46 PM
Still waiting hahahaha.

shark92651
03-14-2012, 3:24 PM
They are on order.

http://www.riflegear.com/c-150-smith-wesson.aspx

You can subscribe to get an email notification on the particular model(s) you are looking for.

onequickshift
03-15-2012, 10:53 PM
What is the CA Compliant, Mag Safety?

mmjsport
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
What's the estimated ETA? Also, are you guys going to carry the kits? I would really be interested in that.

Do they have the mag safety?

Riflegear
03-25-2012, 9:52 AM
@ onequick... roster perhaps
@ mmjsport... no ETA, fingers crossed, what means "kits", what is a mag safety... do you mean magazine disconnect?

mmjsport
03-25-2012, 3:34 PM
@ onequick... roster perhaps
@ mmjsport... no ETA, fingers crossed, what means "kits", what is a mag safety... do you mean magazine disconnect?

They sell the range kits with their m&p pistols. Comes with holster, mag pouch, a couple of extra mags etc. And yes, I meant magazine disc.

Riflegear
03-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Not 100% on the M&Ps with the duty gear package. Seems that most like the savings that the essential packages offer since most folks tend to get upgraded holsters and mag holders if they need them at all. Right now its more of a matter of "what can we get". So lets wait and see what comes available and we'll go from there. I do believe M&P pistols are equipped with magazine disconnects.

shark92651
03-28-2012, 7:46 AM
M&P .40 is now in stock

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1449-sw-mp-40sw-pistol.aspx

htfan
03-30-2012, 2:20 PM
M&P .40 is now in stock

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1449-sw-mp-40sw-pistol.aspx

Great news!

Are you going to also carry the thumb safety versions?

ARgirl09
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Let's get those MP9s in stock!!!!!!

shark92651
04-05-2012, 7:56 PM
Great news!

Are you going to also carry the thumb safety versions?

I'm not sure if we are getting those at this time.

I'd like to see those arrive as well, all we can do is wait for our orders to arrive. Use the out-of-stock email feature on the website if you want to be notified as soon as they arrive.

TMcGuff
04-17-2012, 5:59 PM
m&p .40 is out of stock. i talked with one of you guys at the firing line in HB on sunday. My next stop after the range was to get a m&p .40. All good things come in time

htfan
04-25-2012, 1:27 PM

I'm a fan of Riflegear, and have spent lots of $$ there. But my patience waiting for M&P stock (or lack of) got the best of me...

Afraid I found another local OC gunshop with M&P9's in stock .... so I put one in jail!

Still a big Fan though!

shark92651
04-26-2012, 2:31 PM
We are still waiting on our order from S&W but we did manage to locate some from a distributor so we will have the 9mm in stock sometime next week.

Riflegear
04-29-2012, 10:43 PM
S&W M&P9 are in stock!

:D

DJmickonis
05-03-2012, 9:55 AM
Will you guys be able to sell the M&Ps without the magazine disconnect and without a thumb safety? Are those California compliant? I don't see why they wouldn't be, in my opinion, because Glocks don't have those safety features. Thanks. Mick.

shark92651
05-03-2012, 1:51 PM
It's a matter or what is on the roster and what isn't.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

S2V
05-03-2012, 9:43 PM
Will you guys be able to sell the M&Ps without the magazine disconnect and without a thumb safety? Are those California compliant? I don't see why they wouldn't be, in my opinion, because Glocks don't have those safety features. Thanks. Mick.

That would be great... b/c this is the only way our dept wants the M&P. By the way, will you be carrying High Cap mags for LEO with these pistols?

Riflegear
05-06-2012, 8:19 PM

As Shark said, it is a roster issue. The Glocks were "grandfathered" in and Glock renews them every time they come up for expiration. The "Gen 4" Glocks are not similar enough (like the first three gens were) to fall under this roster certification. They would need their own, new certification and can't get it without those features. The M&P with the magazine disconnect is simply the one that is on the roster.
Non-roster guns are still legal to own, we just can't transfer them to you from our inventory unless you or the gun fall under one of the exemptions (like the way we "single shot exempt" transfer the Gen 4 Glocks at the store)

Some people have disabled the magazine disconnect after the fact and that is legal.

phaseshift
05-07-2012, 9:25 PM
I want the pro series :(

socalblue
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
That would be great... b/c this is the only way our dept wants the M&P. By the way, will you be carrying High Cap mags for LEO with these pistols?

Unless something has changed with S&W, LEO SKU's come with no magazine disconnect & three standard capacity magazines. Thumb safety is optional (can be removed but not added)

DJmickonis
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
As Shark said, it is a roster issue. The Glocks were "grandfathered" in and Glock renews them every time they come up for expiration. The "Gen 4" Glocks are not similar enough (like the first three gens were) to fall under this roster certification. They would need their own, new certification and can't get it without those features. The M&P with the magazine disconnect is simply the one that is on the roster.
Non-roster guns are still legal to own, we just can't transfer them to you from our inventory unless you or the gun fall under one of the exemptions (like the way we "single shot exempt" transfer the Gen 4 Glocks at the store)

Some people have disabled the magazine disconnect after the fact and that is legal.

Thanks for the info on disabling the magazine disconnect. I've been so impressed with your guys' service that I really don't go anywhere else for my AR needs, but just wondering if you guys would still transfer an M&P pistol that didn't have all those safeties from an internet retailer such as bud's or gunsamerica. I just thought it would be good to ask since the pistol wouldn't be in your inventory, just a transfer, unless you have to log in that "one" pistol in your inventory to re-sell to me. Thanks again, you guys have always been honest and a reliable source for information. Mick.

Riflegear
05-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info on disabling the magazine disconnect. I've been so impressed with your guys' service that I really don't go anywhere else for my AR needs, but just wondering if you guys would still transfer an M&P pistol that didn't have all those safeties from an internet retailer such as bud's or gunsamerica. I just thought it would be good to ask since the pistol wouldn't be in your inventory, just a transfer, unless you have to log in that "one" pistol in your inventory to re-sell to me. Thanks again, you guys have always been honest and a reliable source for information. Mick.

No problem and thanks for the compliments!

Unfortunately, that kind of transfer is regarded the same as a dealer sale in California. There are a few roster exempt out-of-state/ship-in transfers (Just for example, one is "interstate, interfamilial" - IE your child, grandchild, parent, or grandparent gifting you a firearm they legally bought in another state that isn't on the roster).

The firearms that come in as normal transfers are logged into our inventory and then must be DROS/logged out according to the roster unless the person or firearm is roster exempt at that point.

I hope that helped clear it up a bit.

H2H
05-16-2012, 7:58 PM
piggybacking on the glock gen 4 off roster, can it be bought from a private party ( let's say a LEO with a gen 4 glock) and transferred like any other guns ?

shark92651
05-17-2012, 4:29 PM
piggybacking on the glock gen 4 off roster, can it be bought from a private party ( let's say a LEO with a gen 4 glock) and transferred like any other guns ?

Yes, PPT transactions are exempt from the handgun roster.

H2H
05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
thanks !