PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Buycott OC?

Uruz003
02-13-2012, 9:23 PM
Hey all, anyone carrying in Starbucks tomorrow? I don't care for the coffee much, but I'll go to exercise our rights. I'm in Stockton, and was going to post this in the SAC area thread but some how was prevented from doing so. So, does anyone want to meet at the Starbucks by Panda Express tomorrow and exercise our rights?

bender152
02-13-2012, 9:47 PM
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=528521

Most people think that's not a good idea, myself included.

Noah3683
02-13-2012, 9:58 PM
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=528521

Most people think that's not a good idea, myself included.

Yup. I believe in exercising your rights, but some of them just don't fit the culture everywhere. I firmly believe if you keep screwing with the bull you get the horns. When you go looking to make them uncomfortable while exercising said rights you load up the grabbers with the perfect ammunition. Hence the OC ban passing and possibly further hurting concealed carry efforts. I have open carried several times but it also needs to be done with discretion. You know they are uncomfortable and don't want it there yet you will force the issue anyway? Not exactly the way to gain progress... It's like asking a girl to date you and when she says no you just throw her in your car instead.

Uruz003
02-13-2012, 9:58 PM
Understood, just frustrated with how people are stripping away gun rights under the guise of safety. Portantino is pushing another bill, AB 1527 to abolish our right to OC long guns. I know that we shouldn't have provoked him, but it infuriates me to see him do this. I'm sorry this should go into the politics section.

Nevertheless, I will reconsider my decision to carry tomorrow.

Mssr. Eleganté
02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Are you talking about the Starbucks on Pacific Avenue? The one right across the street from Middle College High School?

bender152
02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I think words would go a long way... tell the staff, tell the manager that the ONLY reason you're there that day is because of their stance on gun rights.

The truth is, the staff probably won't even give a sh*t. But hopefully, if enough people do it, word will reach corporate.

SamsDX
02-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Are you talking about the Starbucks on Pacific Avenue? The one right across the street from Middle College High School?

:eek: :facepalm:

If anyone is contemplating doing something so foolish as OCing long guns tomorrow, I would hope one would at least exercise the due diligence to keep one's self OUT OF JAIL.

Half-Bear
02-13-2012, 10:13 PM
If you buy a drink, pay with $2 bills

Uruz003
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Never mind, I was being stupid.

jdberger
02-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Save your receipts. We might have a use for them.

DannyInSoCal
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Save your receipts. We might have a use for them.

I'm going to buy a large chia tea latte -

And post the receipt pic on Facebook -

As an "FU" to the libtards...

pyro3k2
02-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Why do I have the feeling this isn't going to end very well in our favor.

Scratch705
02-14-2012, 2:59 AM
who wants to bet, there will be a news story about some OC'ers at starbucks with some Bradys out front with signs?

GM4spd
02-14-2012, 3:30 AM
I am glad I can't afford Starbuck's coffee. Pete

ODG23
02-14-2012, 4:03 AM
You know they are uncomfortable and don't want it there yet you will force the issue anyway? Not exactly the way to gain progress.

isn't that exactly what they were doing when they started this mess? and trying to ruin someone's business in the process, on Valentines Day.

Noah3683
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
isn't that exactly what they were doing when they started this mess? and trying to ruin someone's business in the process, on Valentines Day.

It's their establishment correct? Like it or not the same goes anywhere. You come to my property you go by my rules or you leave the hard way. We are vastly outnumbered in this state but you're right...... Keep kicking the bull in the nuts while the CGF takes the legal approach. I'm sure the judiciary sytem NEVER takes all these little incidents into account when reaching decisions :rolleyes:

chead
02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Wait are you sure you don't have this backwards? Starbucks allows OC. Check the thread in the 2A forum; folks are going to Starbucks in support.

Noah3683
02-14-2012, 1:38 PM
Wait are you sure you don't have this backwards? Starbucks allows OC. Check the thread in the 2A forum; folks are going to Starbucks in support.
:o yeah you are right. I admittedly don't follow the open carry movement. Last i had seen was Starbucks was all up in arms about OC'ers. Glad to see they have changed their stance but I still feel concealed carry is a far greater idea to fight for and for many more reasons than jusr not freaking out the antis

peter95
02-14-2012, 2:09 PM
its ok to exercise our rights, but its best if we just keep it quiet and not draw attraction to ourselves.

If everyone started to open carry, they will find a way to ban OC.

If we dont gain attention, we have a chance in getting our rights to CCW better in the future.

rojocorsa
02-14-2012, 2:58 PM
Last i had seen was Starbucks was all up in arms about OC'ers.

You're thinking of Peet's. S-bucks was never worried about it, which is why many of us are supporting it today to counter some naive boycott of people who want to disarm us.

jdberger
02-14-2012, 3:07 PM
:o yeah you are right. I admittedly don't follow the open carry movement. Last i had seen was Starbucks was all up in arms about OC'ers. Glad to see they have changed their stance but I still feel concealed carry is a far greater idea to fight for and for many more reasons than jusr not freaking out the antis

Maybe I can clarify things for you.

California's Unloaded Open Carry Movement started doing meet-ups at local restaurants, California Pizza Kitchen, Starbucks, Peets Coffee, Buckhorn Grill, etc. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7248503) The biddies at the Brady Campaign went "ballistic" and demanded that these stores ban civilians (non-LEOs) from carrying guns on the premesis. (http://www.bradycampaign.org/starbucks)

CPK, Buckhorn, Peets and some others quickly succumbed to the extortion tactics of the Bradys. Starbucks stood tall and declared that as long as what the people were doing was legal, they were welcome in Starbucks stores. The Brady Campaign's Boycott fizzled out.

Enter the National Gun Victims Action Council - whose Board of Directors is almost completely made up of Brady Campaign directors. They declare a re-do of the Starbucks Boycott (http://gunvictimsaction.org/starbucks-boycott/) declaring that they "outnumber the NRA’s extremist members by 50 to 1..." and thus they will employ their "economic lever" to extort force Starbucks to change it's policy of respecting local laws and the civil rights of its customers.

We, gun-owners and civil rights advocates, in support of Starbucks pro-Liberty stance, seek to make up for NGVAC's boycott with a "Buycott" wherein we'll take an extra few bucks and buy a cup of Starbucks coffee today.

Does this make thing clearer?

jdberger
02-14-2012, 3:09 PM
its ok to exercise our rights, but its best if we just keep it quiet and not draw attraction to ourselves.

If everyone started to open carry, they will find a way to ban OC.

If we dont gain attention, we have a chance in getting our rights to CCW better in the future.

You realize that UOC of handguns is illegal in CA, right? And it just might be considered rude to waltz in with an AR slung about your back, right?

Of course, WTF do I know...it's not like I'm involved or anything.... :rolleyes:

Noah3683
02-14-2012, 3:50 PM
Maybe I can clarify things for you.

California's Unloaded Open Carry Movement started doing meet-ups at local restaurants, California Pizza Kitchen, Starbucks, Peets Coffee, Buckhorn Grill, etc. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7248503) The biddies at the Brady Campaign went "ballistic" and demanded that these stores ban civilians (non-LEOs) from carrying guns on the premesis. (http://www.bradycampaign.org/starbucks)

CPK, Buckhorn, Peets and some others quickly succumbed to the extortion tactics of the Bradys. Starbucks stood tall and declared that as long as what the people were doing was legal, they were welcome in Starbucks stores. The Brady Campaign's Boycott fizzled out.

Enter the National Gun Victims Action Council - whose Board of Directors is almost completely made up of Brady Campaign directors. They declare a re-do of the Starbucks Boycott (http://gunvictimsaction.org/starbucks-boycott/) declaring that they "outnumber the NRA’s extremist members by 50 to 1..." and thus they will employ their "economic lever" to extort force Starbucks to change it's policy of respecting local laws and the civil rights of its customers.

We, gun-owners and civil rights advocates, in support of Starbucks pro-Liberty stance, seek to make up for NGVAC's boycott with a "Buycott" wherein we'll take an extra few bucks and buy a cup of Starbucks coffee today.

Does this make thing clearer?

Yes it does and thank you :cheers2: I could've sworn I had read about problems some had encountered with Starbucks and some company policy against it.... Oh well and yes I originally thought the OP's talk of buycott was a typo. I do think OC of a rifle would get an even worse reaction than a handgun too... I can see the NBC headline now "Cofee drinking snipers holdup a Starbucks" lol

Colt-45
02-14-2012, 6:26 PM
Anyone actually come across any anti gun protesters today?

peter95
02-14-2012, 7:12 PM
You realize that UOC of handguns is illegal in CA, right? And it just might be considered rude to waltz in with an AR slung about your back, right?

Of course, WTF do I know...it's not like I'm involved or anything.... :rolleyes:

Lol ok I completely had a brainfart and forgot...

blazeaglory
02-14-2012, 7:20 PM
It's their establishment correct? Like it or not the same goes anywhere. You come to my property you go by my rules or you leave the hard way. We are vastly outnumbered in this state but you're right...... Keep kicking the bull in the nuts while the CGF takes the legal approach. I'm sure the judiciary sytem NEVER takes all these little incidents into account when reaching decisions :rolleyes:

This^^

And OP if you want to boycott/buycott Starbucks walk in WITHOUT YOUR RIFLE and tell the manager your not buying or will continue to buy coffee there (depending on your stance and Starbucks as well) if they succumb to 2A issues. Ask for the corporate address and who the manager reports to and their address and name at corporate and WRITE THEM ALL A LETTER!! Respect is the key