PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing to a rental house in state....

Armadadad
02-13-2012, 9:19 PM
My family and I are taking a vacation in California to a rental house. I wanted to know if I may bring my firearm with me?

Connor P Price
02-13-2012, 9:23 PM
My family and I are taking a vacation in California to a rental house. I wanted to know if I may bring my firearm with me?

Probably, but we'll need more info. What firearm would you be bringing?

hoffmang
02-13-2012, 9:24 PM

Yes. It would be no different than your hotel room or campsite at which you are legally able to have a loaded firearm.

-Gene

Markinsac
02-13-2012, 9:25 PM

Just remember that you're limited to magazines with 10 round maximum.

Armadadad
02-13-2012, 9:28 PM
Probably, but we'll need more info. What firearm would you be bringing?

My plans were to bring my 9mm pistol with 3 10rd mags.

j-rod
02-13-2012, 9:28 PM
I'll let the legal eagle heavyweights weigh in, but as your temporary domicile it's treated just as your home in regards to defending yourself.

Further points for discussion:
1: What type of firearm?
2: How is it being transported to CA?
2: What does the rental agreement say about it if anything?

CSACANNONEER
02-13-2012, 9:31 PM
Just remember that you're limited to magazines with 10 round maximum.

Not really correct. He is limited to only importing 10 rond or less magazines OR any magazine which he lawfully possessed in Ca at any time prior to 1-1-00.

Connor P Price
02-13-2012, 9:37 PM
My plans were to bring my 9mm pistol with 3 10rd mags.

At the top of this website there is a "flowcharts and OLL assembly guide," check out the handgun flowchart to be certain that your handgun is not considered an assault weapon. It's most likely not going to be a problem there.

Have it unloaded and in a locked container while transporting, your trunk works fine as a locked container. Other than that, have fun, enjoy your vacation!

ETA: If the flowchart seems a bit intimidating, don't worry. As long as your talking about a standard 9mm pistol (glock, sig, xD, etc.) and not some 9mm AR15 pistol or something it most likely won't be a problem. Just don't have a threaded barrel on it.

Armadadad
02-13-2012, 9:42 PM
Excellent advice from all. Thanks for the insight!