PDA

View Full Version : C&R has come!!!

SKSer45
02-13-2012, 6:08 PM
Woooohooo! So now I just need to wait on my COE correct? Also anybody got a good place to get a log book? Saw some on amazon but they looked a little to pricey.

By the way for those who are waiting it took about 3-4 weeks so that is not to bad. Came first-class mail and had no problems at all. Hopefully rest of you lads get yours soon.

TMcC
02-13-2012, 6:28 PM
I just used a composition book and a pen. Might be a bit cumbersome, or disorganized if you have a large collection. Works for me. Also, you don't need a COE (currently) to purchase C&R long guns from out of state vendors (J&G or Aim Surplus, for example). I'm sure you know, but it's a common practice to make copies of your C&R - prior to signing it - and then signing the copies that you send off to your vendors.

AlabamaBound
02-13-2012, 6:32 PM
I ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/BookFactory%C2%AE-Curio-Relics-Bound-LOG-072-GUNCOLL-LKT39/dp/B000KFUGY0/ref=pd_vtp_b_1

Probably overkill but I liked it...

SKSer45
02-13-2012, 6:38 PM
I just used a composition book and a pen. Might be a bit cumbersome, or disorganized if you have a large collection. Works for me. Also, you don't need a COE (currently) to purchase C&R long guns from out of state vendors (J&G or Aim Surplus, for example). I'm sure you know, but it's a common practice to make copies of your C&R - prior to signing it - and then signing the copies that you send off to your vendors.

yup on the printing press right now :) Ahh ok for out of state its ok with just regular C&R but for instate its C&R and COE. Got it! thanks big guy! time to create the C&R ATM :P

AS for the comp book...sounds like a good idea. I got a whole bunch from school already :)

bloodhawke83
02-13-2012, 7:08 PM
I hate you, I'm still waiting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TMcC
02-13-2012, 7:17 PM
Ahh ok for out of state its ok with just regular C&R but for instate its C&R and COE.

Those who know better will chime in here, but I'm not aware of any 'in state' activities that your C&R collector status provides (relative to purchasing C&R long guns).

NYsteveZ
02-13-2012, 7:17 PM
It took a little longer for mine. Congrats! You should also be getting a gigantic book in the mail soon that explains the C&R regulations, and also has an (outdated) list of C&R guns that are approved, or not. That list changes constantly from what I understand, and certain guns newer than 50 years old are added (as the case of the CZ handguns)

NYsteveZ
02-13-2012, 7:21 PM
Those who know better will chime in here, but I'm not aware of any 'in state' activities that your C&R collector status provides (relative to purchasing C&R long guns).

The last I remember, is to purchase a C&R long gun off of a dealer in Cali, you needed a C&R and COE, then its cash and carry. A lot of dealers either dont know this, or, they simply will make you go through DROS as store policy etc.

microwaveguy
02-13-2012, 7:21 PM
I too am still waiting ......... day 35 :eek:

SKSer45
02-13-2012, 7:25 PM
The last I remember, is to purchase a C&R long gun off of a dealer in Cali, you needed a C&R and COE, then its cash and carry. A lot of dealers either dont know this, or, they simply will make you go through DROS as store policy etc.

Right that's what I was thinking. Go through dealer must have C&R and COE to avoid the 10 day waiting period. As a PPT its cash and cary with d/l copy

Thanks Steve :)

Bloodhawke! Damn that long!? When did you turn yours in?

bloodhawke83
02-13-2012, 7:29 PM
Right that's what I was thinking. Go through dealer must have C&R and COE to avoid the 10 day waiting period. As a PPT its cash and cary with d/l copy

Thanks Steve :)

Bloodhawke! Damn that long!? When did you turn yours in?

Almost been 30 days, they took the money the next day I sent it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PycckN-Comrade
02-14-2012, 7:34 AM
Help the brother out.
just got my C&R!:clap: Right away I went searching for the COE forms on Calguns, found the link...and my computer died :censored:Now I cannot find the same thread.
Can someone stick a link for the COE application here, please.
And another question: I was just LiveScan fingerprinted for my CCW application at the Ventura County SO. Do I need to do it again for the COE application? CA DOJ already has my info and prints.
Please advise.

bloodhawke83
02-14-2012, 8:04 AM
Help the brother out.
just got my C&R!:clap: Right away I went searching for the COE forms on Calguns, found the link...and my computer died :censored:Now I cannot find the same thread.
Can someone stick a link for the COE application here, please.
And another question: I was just LiveScan fingerprinted for my CCW application at the Ventura County SO. Do I need to do it again for the COE application? CA DOJ already has my info and prints.
Please advise.

They're on to you, quick!!! microwave all your HDD's and bury your guns.. :TFH:

PycckN-Comrade
02-14-2012, 8:45 AM
They're on to you, quick!!! microwave all your HDD's and bury your guns.. :TFH:
:rofl2:
You are right. I do feel more paranoid lately. In all seriousness, I'm thinking that I should wait for the CCW to go through (or not) before applying for the COE.
I dunno, man, I grew up in the Soviet Union, fear of government and paranoia is in my blood. :hide:

DennisCA
02-14-2012, 8:51 AM
Woooohooo! So now I just need to wait on my COE correct? Also anybody got a good place to get a log book? Saw some on amazon but they looked a little to pricey.

By the way for those who are waiting it took about 3-4 weeks so that is not to bad. Came first-class mail and had no problems at all. Hopefully rest of you lads get yours soon.

All I can say is:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_i_asb93GBPU/TTzocfwnjhI/AAAAAAAABFQ/o_PdqSNoenM/s1600/homer_woohoo.jpg

SKSer45
02-14-2012, 8:59 AM
All I can say is:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_i_asb93GBPU/TTzocfwnjhI/AAAAAAAABFQ/o_PdqSNoenM/s1600/homer_woohoo.jpg

LOL! awesome!

@Comrade. Hmmm don't know about the CCW stuff. AS for the COE should be in the sticky above the C*R forums there. Just d/l and print it and off it goes :)

paul0660
02-14-2012, 9:06 AM
I'm thinking that I should wait for the CCW to go through (or not) before applying for the COE.

If you fail one, via FBI fingerprint check, you will fail the other. Not sure which one should come first.

By all means, remember that at the end of two years you can let your 03 elapse, destroy your bound book, wait a month or two, and start over.

PycckN-Comrade
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
There should be no reason for me to fail FBI background check.
The question is, do I need to go through the livescan again for COE if I just had one done for CCW?

Raptor3000
02-20-2012, 9:31 AM
Do you need to buy your own log book? :-)

I was thinking that ATF will send one.

Thanks

Blitzburgh
02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes... you will have to buy your own log book. Tons of them around in all sorts of sizes and shapes and covers and such.

Trevolution
02-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Man, you all seem to be infinitely luckier than I am. Sent in packet November 21, 2011, entered into their "system" on December 19, 2011, and I'm still waiting to this day. -.-

TheExpertish
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Aren't you glad we talked you into it?