PDA

View Full Version : Yugo M-59/66 in action

Noonanda
02-13-2012, 1:55 PM
Found this video on Youtube of a Yugo M-59/66 Launching a Rifle grenade. Looked like it had a nasty recoil shooting the real thing, I never had it kick that bad when I fired a training grenade using blanks. He might have just not seated it good on the ground.

Try that with a Chinese Paratrooper, the chu wood stock would probably shatter into a million pieces.

No need for the Yugo haters to chime in, we already know you dont like the M-59/66.:rolleyes:

PtGwy5HgKi0

laika
02-14-2012, 8:17 AM
Very nice; thanks N! We yugo lovers know their worth:)

paul0660
02-14-2012, 8:19 AM
Old vid, but it shows the ability of the weapon. Good thing he didn't work it like a Japanese crotch mortar.

If a Chinese SKS could fire a mortar, the stock would not have been affected, btw, all the recoil is in the shooter's arms.

And, I would take most Chinese over Yugos.

Res
02-14-2012, 8:37 AM
he definitely does not have it seated good

Vlad 11
02-14-2012, 8:53 AM
Cool video, demostrates the wallop the GL would produce

Good thing he didn't work it like a Japanese crotch mortar.

HaHa, that would leave a mark. If your referring to the 'Knee Mortar' that is a misnomer. The Type89 was intended to be firmly planted in the ground as i would guess the 59/66 was to be.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Japanese50mmGrenadeMortar.jpg

No need for the Yugo haters to chime in, we already know you dont like the M-59/66.:rolleyes:

Hmmm, never see those comments ;)

paul0660
02-14-2012, 8:58 AM
HaHa, that would leave a mark. If your referring to the 'Knee Mortar' that is a misnomer. The Type89 was intended to be firmly planted in the ground as i would guess the 59/66 was to be.

I know. I was repeating an old myth.

McNally M.
02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
I thing the grenade launcher is one of the things that draws me to the 59/66. Its such a brutish take on the SKS. I'd almost consider calling in the Swiss army knife of the SKS family because of its added abilities.

I also like the rubber butt pad which adds a little length to the stock. Anyone else feel like those small stocks on other SKSs leave you hunched over and cramped when firing it?

Blitzburgh
02-14-2012, 9:28 PM
I also like the rubber butt pad which adds a little length to the stock. Anyone else feel like those small stocks on other SKSs leave you hunched over and cramped when firing it?

Yes! Another reason I like the Yugo's... and I've added another butt pad on top of the issue one... I like a really long stock.

desertjosh
02-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Oh good, at least I know im not the only one who's actually LIKES the yugo sks on Calguns. After 1000s of rounds, mine has not had one hiccup.

SKSer45
02-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh good, at least I know im not the only one who's actually LIKES the yugo sks on Calguns. After 1000s of rounds, mine has not had one hiccup.

your lucky....after 2,000 rounds mine took a **** and I threw it half way across the room. I will never again buy a yugo (sks). My first SKS too...such a horrible memory.

Enjoy that yugo while you still can and at least Yugo ammo and other Zastava arms cured my broken heart.

Howie44
02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I have an 8 year old that throws tantrums like that too.
Yugo sks's are just as good as any other if you get one with a good seat at the gas valve. ALL sks's will eventually cato the gas piston extension (the little one under the rear sight) if you put enough rounds through them. Had both yugo's do it, and my Albanian just did it after several years of flawless operation. Easy $10 fix

SKSer45
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I have an 8 year old that throws tantrums like that too.
Yugo sks's are just as good as any other if you get one with a good seat at the gas valve. ALL sks's will eventually cato the gas piston extension (the little one under the rear sight) if you put enough rounds through them. Had both yugo's do it, and my Albanian just did it after several years of flawless operation. Easy $10 fix

damn right. Comrade Simonov was rolling in his grave when it happened too I bet. Remember when the experimental SKS rolled out into the eastern front in 1945 it was under brutal conditions (Especially in the Battle of Berlin). When the war ended Simonov made a few tweaks to it to make it even more reliable and soldier friendly as troops gave their input on the rifle. 4 years later in 1949 our beloved Russian SKS were now in full production :)

Now Ably's are a wee bit different as far as parts go. Little longer Gas tube and piston and parts are harder to find but yes and easy fix.