PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand EBR

Kauf
02-13-2012, 2:20 PM
Is this legal? Ran it through the flowchat and it seems to pass, but not sure. Not interested in buying one, just thought it was pretty interesting. Looks to have a collapsable stock, pistol grip, forward pistol grip as well. Who would venture to guess you could find yourself arrested for this? haha

POLICESTATE
02-13-2012, 2:22 PM
No detachable magazine. These are very interesting, I've seen one before somewhere.

Dirtbiker
02-13-2012, 2:25 PM
It's legal as long as it stays over 30" Fixed mag less than ten rounds.

Bigtime1
02-13-2012, 2:26 PM
Helluva deer rifle you got there mister.

safewaysecurity
02-13-2012, 2:30 PM
It's a clip not a mag. I guess it's legal but it's ugly as all hell.

Kauf
02-13-2012, 2:36 PM
I don't particularly like the looks of it either but it does kinda say "F You!" to Cali cuz it essentially has ALL of the "evil features" that they hate. In fact, if i were a betting man I would say that you could rapidly reload a garand much faster than a bullet buttoned AR, but I'm happy to say that there are no regulations against them. And I know the barrel length is 24", and I would assume the receiver would be at least 6" long so it should meet the 30" requirement.

Flopper
02-13-2012, 2:48 PM

True, but:

11 CCR 5469

(a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device

I would thing it would need a bullet button.

In my opinion the only thing more retarded than bubba'ing a beautiful Garand and then putting a "clip-lock" on it would be bubba'ing it and NOT putting a clip-lock on it.

Kauf
02-13-2012, 2:56 PM
True, but:

In my opinion the only thing more retarded than bubba'ing a beautiful Garand and then putting a "clip-lock" on it would be bubba'ing it and NOT putting a clip-lock on it.

I don't think the En Bloc clips can be considered a feeding device, as the device does not do any feeding. It meerely holds the rounds in place for convenient loading. The follower, which on most guns is located in the magazine, is fixed inside of the weapon on a Garand.

InGrAM
02-13-2012, 3:00 PM
It is legal as long as it is 30 inch's OAL (stock collapsed). It does not have a detachable magazine. Also, look at all of the SKS's in CA with pistol grips. You see them all the time at gun stores.

I wouldn't mess with a beautiful Garand though, but to each his own.

POLICESTATE
02-13-2012, 3:01 PM
I don't think the En Bloc clips can be considered a feeding device, as the device does not do any feeding. It meerely holds the rounds in place for convenient loading. The follower, which on most guns is located in the magazine, is fixed inside of the weapon on a Garand.

Yeah I agree as well, the feed mechanism is part of the rifle on a Garand. The en bloc clip is just a different type of stripper clip. Stripper clips and en bloc clips do not feed rounds into a chamber, the follower does that.

Mesa Tactical
02-13-2012, 3:11 PM
Every time someone hacks up a Garand, god kills a kitten.

http://lolbyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/gotkillskitten-300x160.jpg

Think of the kittens.

Scott Connors
02-13-2012, 3:16 PM
I don't particularly like the looks of it either but it does kinda say "F You!" to Cali cuz it essentially has ALL of the "evil features" that they hate. In fact, if i were a betting man I would say that you could rapidly reload a garand much faster than a bullet buttoned AR, but I'm happy to say that there are no regulations against them. And I know the barrel length is 24", and I would assume the receiver would be at least 6" long so it should meet the 30" requirement.

It needs a flash suppressor. As for how it looks, a lot of people fail to appreciate the aesthetic awesomeness of ARs and AKs anyway. :rolleyes:

NotEnufGarage
02-13-2012, 3:29 PM

Think of the kittens.

So true, so true....

That one probably cost a dozen or more kittens their lives (all nine of them).

chiefcrash
02-13-2012, 3:46 PM
True, but:

Read the rest of that law you're quoting:

(a)
"detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.

dfletcher
02-13-2012, 4:08 PM
Is this legal? Ran it through the flowchat and it seems to pass, but not sure. Not interested in buying one, just thought it was pretty interesting. Looks to have a collapsable stock, pistol grip, forward pistol grip as well. Who would venture to guess you could find yourself arrested for this? haha

Well it's not permanent, so to revert to being purist one can switch it back - who makes that darned thing?

chuckdc
02-13-2012, 4:52 PM
Looks like something that's 'neva been done before' and 'could be a game changer'.

Ugh.

but legal, if that's what floats your boat.

Bhobbs
02-13-2012, 5:03 PM

Think of the kittens.

How is it hacking up a Garand? It's just a stock swap.

I've thought about getting a M1 receiver and building up a rifle using one of these stocks. I say go for it OP.

freonr22
02-13-2012, 5:11 PM
Any way to do an en bloc ar?

Bhobbs
02-13-2012, 5:15 PM
Any way to do an en bloc ar?

It would basically be a flip top upper. It would probably be slower than a BB AR.

thefinger
02-13-2012, 6:57 PM
It has been done before. It is legal as long as you watch your OAL. Google the Beretta BM59--a folding stock M1 Garand in .308.

I think it's a great idea personally. As long as you don;t make any permanent changes.

bloodhawke83
02-13-2012, 7:04 PM
OP, your fine. Just don't put the mag upgrade on it.

Jason P
02-13-2012, 8:38 PM
I like it, but then I find wooden furniture looks better in my dining room than on a firearm. I'm also under 35 and like Pearl Jam and RATM:)

erik
02-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Ok, seriously, any link to suppliers of this?

I destroyed* my elbow in a motorcycle accident 7 years ago and it reduced my wrist rotation such that is hard (potentially unsafely hard) to hold a "standard" stocked rifle. I tried a friends M1 Garand last year and was unable to fire more than 4 rounds without elbow pain. I have no issues with my AR or FAL.

(*CT scan this past fall shows I have -no- cartilage left in the elbow, just the 3 titanium plates.)

Bhobbs
02-14-2012, 12:26 AM
It's the Sage EBR stock for them M1.

MudCamper
02-14-2012, 9:47 AM
It's legal, but it's an abomination.

cmichini
02-14-2012, 9:58 AM

Actually the garand has an 8 round internal fixed magazine that is loaded via an eight round en bloc clip.
however I agree it looks like an abomination. ymmv

Moonshine
02-14-2012, 2:34 PM
Abomination... Anyone here seen John carpenter's "the thing"? This is what it looks like when "the thing" is disguised as an m-14 EBR and is assimilating a garand!

Havoc70
02-14-2012, 2:43 PM
As much as I love a stock Garand, I actually kinda like the looks of this. I mean, what's not to like about a pistol grip, collapsible stock (thus highly portable) .30-06 rifle?

Vladimir
02-14-2012, 2:47 PM
Thats a cool looking garand, but stick to blactical m14's imo.