PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee's FPK "Dragonov"

NYsteveZ
02-13-2012, 12:58 PM
I know its not a true Dragonov, nor even a PSL (I would prefer mine in wood) but Atlantic has an FPK Dragonov variant that I am close to ordering. My options are pretty limited as far as I see, and I dont know of anyone else (gun store) that sells the PSL, so this one seems to be my best option. Does anyone own one, and what do you think?

Fate
02-13-2012, 1:20 PM
It's still a PSL (FPK is another name for same thing). The NoDakspud receiver has a squared off end that works well with AK style buttstock.

That said, Tennessee Guns doesn't have the greatest reputation for their PSL builds. I don't know about recent quality, but a couple years ago their stuff was really bad.

NYsteveZ
02-13-2012, 2:18 PM
Cool...Century had a bad rep, but as of late the WASR has definately improved. Ill dig a little more and see more on Tennessee.

Hoop
02-13-2012, 5:36 PM
Century is an importer. If you are in the market for a PSL I would go Century before Tennessee.

ZX-10R
02-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Open discussion on this...Cugir made if possible.

pyro3k2
02-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I own a TGI FPK and it's a good rifle, my side mounted scope rail can't seem to hold zero very well, but other than that it's been a good rifle.

Atlantic Firearms
02-14-2012, 4:00 AM
You may also want to consider the Russian Vepr 762 x 54R rifles they are excellent and cost $899.00

Redchevyman
02-14-2012, 6:03 AM
I built my own PSL. It is a great shooting rifle. It loves the cheap Russian ammo. The original brake works well to tame the recoil. Nice tight groups at 100 yards.

NYsteveZ
02-14-2012, 8:36 AM
The VEPR is definately being considered. I have heard it is a well built rifle.
ZX-10R-I seen you are picking up an RPK in one of your other posts...Is it from Colby at DAS? He mentioned to me Saturday he was getting some in today. I will be there this afternoon to get my M4 out of jail :D

ZX-10R
02-16-2012, 6:46 PM
The VEPR is definately being considered. I have heard it is a well built rifle.
ZX-10R-I seen you are picking up an RPK in one of your other posts...Is it from Colby at DAS? He mentioned to me Saturday he was getting some in today. I will be there this afternoon to get my M4 out of jail :D

Were you on the motorcycle? If that was you, nice to meet you. I was running from convention to there to convention party. I Drosd it yesterday...Then back to the Convention for another party...

NYsteveZ
02-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Nah, I was there at about 5. I was driving my BMW. I stuck around for a little bit and I remember a guy coming in to look at and put a deposit on an RPK. I was playing with the S&W 40 which I ended up buying :D

osis32
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I just bought a tennessee guns psl kit. Gotta put it together I'll let you know how it turns out. Fyi a lot pof troubles with the psl is mag related. The psl was issued with 4 custom fit magazines. This makes matching the gun to magazines is difficult. Also century assembled many of the mag springs upside down in the magazine leading to the gun getting a poor reputation. I'm sure there's some stuff I'm forgetting but keep us posted with what's up.

ZX-10R
02-19-2012, 9:56 AM
Nah, I was there at about 5. I was driving my BMW. I stuck around for a little bit and I remember a guy coming in to look at and put a deposit on an RPK. I was playing with the S&W 40 which I ended up buying :D

I was gone by 4 since I had to go back to part that night. Darn, would have been nice to meet up.