PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here looking at LWD G9?

kedenimar
02-13-2012, 11:52 AM
am still contemplating a 9mm AR style rifle. dont like what i have read about the Just Right carbines. i received a catalogue from Lone Wolf after buying some parts from them, and was encouraged by the videos on their site concerning the G9. I know nothing really about ARs in general, any feedback from you veteran AR guys would be appreciated.

kedenimar
02-13-2012, 7:08 PM
anyone?

kedenimar
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
no one else here has looked into/bought/contemplatedbuying one of Lone Wolf's 9mm carbine uppers & lowers? maybe i will go first......

Capybara
02-15-2012, 2:40 PM
Disclaimer: I am not an experienced AR guy, I just bought my first one a few days ago.

The basic design looks good but in researching around the web, a few people who have received the first lowers seem to have had some various small issues with cycling and not dropping 33 rd Glock magazines. They do seem like a class act company and I would feel confident that they are working these small issues out before they go big time. I would be a little leery being a "beta tester" on any new mechanical device, not just guns but once they are producing them and shipping them widely, I am sure that they will have the little kinks ironed out.

It is an intriguing idea, I would love to have a reliable 9mm AR type rifle, it would be fun and cheap to shoot. If you are already a Glock shooter (I am not), this seems like the perfect compliment to it.

Dan

kedenimar
02-15-2012, 4:58 PM
yes, i own several several glocks and many pre-ban high cap. mags, but no 33 rounders- Lone Wolf, from what I gather, does sell high quality stuff. I have bought several small items from them; slide stops, extended mag releases, etc. All are good to go- as far as the G9 carbine, will probably not purchase anything until mid/late summer....just wondering if there are any early adopters out there. have fun with your new AR!