View Full Version : WTS: HK33 BUILD w/ ORIGINAL BARREL *** SOLD ***

xfilterx
02-13-2012, 9:02 AM
Make: HK 33 on Vector V93 Receiver
Caliber: .223
Location (city or county): Temcula / Oceanside
Price: $1000 $950 **SOLD**
Will ship (Y/N): Y

I have an HK33 that I would like to sell. This is one that I built on a Vector V93 receiver. I started with a Malaysian HK33 parts kit and built it on a Vector V93 receiver. I also acquired an original unfired 15.5" Malaysian HK33 barrel (very hard to find) and blind-pinned and welded on a 2" US-made PTR-91 faux flash hider to get the barrel out to legal length. Finish is KG GunKote HK black over park. Went 2 thick coats on this for extra protection. Painted, cured for an hour at 325 degrees....painted 2nd coat and cured once more for an hour at 325 degrees. You could drag this behind a car and it still wouldn't scratch the finish :). US compliance parts include trigger, hammer, sear, trigger box, receiver, and trigger housing (picture shows original SEF housing). Bullet button is installed for compliance (and looks) but can be transferred as a featureless rifle with Solar Tactical grip if you prefer (I would change out the bullet button back to the normal release). Mag pictured has been pinned to 10 rounds and I will be keeping that for my other 33's. You will get an unmodified 40 round rebuild kit with the sale of the rifle. Only selling because this is my 3rd HK33 build and I need the money for another project.

Here's the cost break down of the rifle so that you can see that you're getting a good deal at my price:

Vector V93 Receiver (when they were available): $400
HK33 Parts Kit: $360
HK33 Malaysian contract barrel: $300
HK33 Malaysian contact mag: $40
PTR-91 Trigger, Sear, Hammer, and Trigger Frame: $180
US-Made Trigger Housing: $99
PTR-91 Flash Hider: $30
Bullet Button: $30

Total cost for the build, excluding labor and park/paint costs: $1439

PRICE LOWERED TO $950 FOR PPT **SOLD**
WILL ALSO INCLUDE GERMAN SUO LOWER

Also unlike a C93, this will actually shoot straight and extract/eject reliably. I was shooting 2-3 inch groupings with the irons at 75 yards...and I'm a bad shot. I can provide video of the rifle at the range for any potential buyers.

xfilterx
02-13-2012, 9:02 AM
SOLD

xfilterx
02-14-2012, 8:10 AM
Tire kickers and hopefuls but still no firm sale. Still available.

xfilterx
02-15-2012, 1:43 PM
More tire kickers and lookie loos. Nothing definite. Still available.

kingmoochr
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
What is the bolt gap? What twist is the barrel? What exactly is going on with the trigger housing? Is the one in the photo different from the one that will be on the gun? Will both be included with the sale? Will the sale include the original mag release if transferred with the bullet button installed?

xfilterx
02-16-2012, 9:54 AM
If I remember correctly bolt gap is at .016". Since this was a factory barrel w/ factory trunnion I was a bit worried when I received the barrel that it would be out of spec and I would have to swap out rollers. Fortunately bolt gap is WELL within spec at .016" with factory 8mm rollers.

Twist rate on the barrel is factory 1:7

Yes, the SEF trigger housing is from my MP5 pistol and is not included in the sale. I only used it when test firing the gun because I didn't have the US-made trigger housing in yet from HKParts. You will get a US-made (to round out 922(r) compliance) Safe-Semi trigger housing similar to the one pictured here: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/US-Made-S-F-Safe-Semi-Grip-Frame-Housing-242p840.htm. As you can see it's a $100 value and required to complete parts compliance since I used the factory barrel. I will be keeping my SEF trigger housing.

The only portion of the mag release that the bullet button replaces is the bushing, push button, and pin. $8 total in parts. If that's the deal breaker, you can have them.

xfilterx
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Is the barrel stamped "178". The unstamped barrels are 12 twist

Yes it is.

xfilterx
02-17-2012, 9:35 AM
bump

xfilterx
02-18-2012, 10:33 AM
bump

xfilterx
02-19-2012, 9:32 AM
bump with lower price. Will also include original German SUO lower with the sale.

xfilterx
02-21-2012, 8:18 PM
bump