PDA

View Full Version : Where in Bay Area/Sac to get AR tools?

chad68
02-13-2012, 1:31 AM
Are there any retail stores in the Bay Area or Sac area that sell AR Barrel nut wrenches/universal wrench tool, any AR tools at all or is mail ordering on Brownells the best solution?

I'm going to Sacramento black rifle later today if that helps.

I like keeping mail ordering to a bare minimum.

What I really need is a wrench for removing the Delta ring barrel nut, without having to chop up the whole assembly. On the other hand I have no intention of putting the Delta ring system back on.

chad68
02-14-2012, 7:18 PM
Man that place in Sac had everything on my wish list in stock, including my new AR! Only thing was no low pro gas block but I'm just gonna grind the front sight down which I will never use. Even had the overpriced Yankee Hill specific wrench.

My first real AR woo hoo.

johncmng
02-14-2012, 8:25 PM
Metal dog tactical may have them. Give em a call.

PrimerDust360
02-14-2012, 9:11 PM
B2 Enterprises (Cotati) and Independence Armory (Petaluma) both stock AR wrenches. The last time I was in B2 (yesterday) they were sold out of upper wrenches but they have the buffer tube nut wrench.

Does Sacramento Black Rifle carry individual barrels and BC groups? Might have to make a trip there.

motorwerks
02-14-2012, 9:42 PM
Does Sacramento Black Rifle carry individual barrels and BC groups? Might have to make a trip there.

Yes.

They only have a couple of barrels listed on their page but I assure you they had a stack of them the last time I looked (forgot to look this morning)

http://www.sacramentoblackrifle.com/collections/ar-15-parts?page=3

chad68
02-14-2012, 9:43 PM
B2 Enterprises (Cotati) and Independence Armory (Petaluma) both stock AR wrenches. The last time I was in B2 (yesterday) they were sold out of upper wrenches but they have the buffer tube nut wrench.

I picked up 3 pistols from B2 last year (last one in November). Never really looked at/for AR stuff then though.

In Sac they had quite a few barrels in stock, even what looked like half a dozen pistol AR barrels. Most rifle ones were wrapped in shipping paper, so couldn't really tell what was what. The ones I saw looked like factory type barrels.

Have no idea what BC stands for. They had I think every single Magpul product you could think of, gas tubes, quad rails, gas blocks, different charging handles, Triggers I think, flash hiders, Spikes stuff, lowers, uppers, trigger guards, flip front and rear sights, tools, bags, some scopes and lots of do dads.

They also have Pmags in 10/20, 10/30. First .223 I've bought and so 1st time with 10/20 Pmags. Was interesting how they sell 10/20 Pmags.

motorwerks
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
BC= Bolt carrier

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
02-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Darn. You should have gone to the Vallejo gun show last weekend. A bunch of AR multi tools for sale as low as 20 bucks.

marcus_bervus
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
try LCG AR parts/ www.AR15gearsofwar.com they have all the parts you need. The store is located at Florin Rd.