PDA

View Full Version : SAIGA 12 OWNERS: need to know what mag catch yours has.

Ryan in SD
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
WHICH ONE DOES YOUR SAIGA 12 HAVE?

So I made a short run of mag locks for my S12 and a few friends. My Saiga came with a sheet metal sheet metal mag catch and my friends had a much wider and longer MILLED mag catch.

I want my mag lock to work with both but don't know what number of these larger milled mag catches are out there.

EXAMPLE OF MILLED MAG CATCH:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg16/scaled.php?server=16&filename=milledmagcatch.jpg&res=medium

EXAMPLE OF STAMPED MAG CATCH:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg825/scaled.php?server=825&filename=stampedmagcatch.jpg&res=medium

Saber2Golf
02-13-2012, 3:45 PM
Hey Ryan, I responded with the appropriate answer, though you already know which mine was.

Also guys, I have seen/will be the recipient of one of these mag locks and trust me, you want one. Clean design, accepts a wider range of tools, and made locally right here in San Diego county. I could say more but I don't know how much Ryan wants to be putting out there just yet.

Ryan in SD
02-13-2012, 4:05 PM
First mag lock to feature a "liberty slot". I'll spill the beans once I get enough votes on the poll. Pics etc are ready to post.

SJgunguy24
02-13-2012, 4:20 PM
When did those start? I've handled A LOT of Saiga 12's and I don't think I've ever seen a stamped mag catch.

Ryan in SD
02-13-2012, 4:37 PM
When did those start? I've handled A LOT of Saiga 12's and I don't think I've ever seen a stamped mag catch.

No idea man, your guess is as good as mine.

Saber2Golf
02-13-2012, 7:46 PM

Seems there's a little bit of a "mixed bag" parts-wise with this last shipment. I haven't heard about anything troublesome, but the mag catch matters because the mag lock will have to be clearanced for the widest one that Saigas are shipping with.

Also, I'm stoked on the "Liberty Slot" haha, it's Ryan's idea but I pushed him into it so I demand partial credit (0.1% maybe? :p).

Jayruta
02-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey Ryan mine is stamped aswell. Can't wait to see the end product!

Ryan in SD
02-15-2012, 12:07 AM
bump, need more votes.

4bviper
02-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Any chance of your mag lock working with Raddlock's ESRR for those of us who got stuck with the preinstalled Raddlocks from the group buy?

Ryan in SD
02-15-2012, 1:41 AM
Any chance of your mag lock working with Raddlock's ESRR for those of us who got stuck with the preinstalled Raddlocks from the group buy?

Can you explain what that one is? Is that the plastic one from the atlantic group buy?

If so, your s12 shoulda come with the izzy mag catch made from metal. My mag catch encases it.

4bviper
02-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Can you explain what that one is? Is that the plastic one from the atlantic group buy?

If so, your s12 shoulda come with the izzy mag catch made from metal. My mag catch encases it.

The ESSR is the extended plastic Raddlock latch for out of state use. I'm pretty sure my S12 didn't come with the original mag catch, unless I threw it away by mistake which I doubt. Anyone else from the group buy care to confirm this?

Ryan in SD
02-15-2012, 1:57 PM
The ESSR is the extended plastic Raddlock latch for out of state use. I'm pretty sure my S12 didn't come with the original mag catch, unless I threw it away by mistake which I doubt. Anyone else from the group buy care to confirm this?

No, that thing is huge. However, Im sure you can use a band saw or dremel and shape it to fit.

Im sorry to hear yours didnt come with the real one :(

Nicoman
02-15-2012, 3:15 PM
my saiga 12 came with a raddlock from riflegear but also got the MILLED mag catch in the box. I'd like to get rid of the raddlock the tool doesn't work with my agp mags the screw in the mag wont allow the radlock tool to get far enough in to drop the mag

Jayruta
02-15-2012, 5:38 PM

If you got your saiga from the Atlantic Firearms GB like me and Ryan did, it should have been in the same bag with the ESSR.

4bviper
02-16-2012, 2:59 PM
If you got your saiga from the Atlantic Firearms GB like me and Ryan did, it should have been in the same bag with the ESSR.

Duh, I'm stupid. Found it. Thanks!