PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a polymer lower?

takinflight33
02-12-2012, 8:56 PM
just wondering if anyone has a polymer lower, if so how has it stood up?

Elwood_Blues
02-12-2012, 9:20 PM
I don't, but I bet you'll get a fair share of responses. Check out the fresh thread below that has a lot of comments on the subject.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=533257

CHS
02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I've got a Cavalry Arms Gen 2 that I've done nothing with :)

Sicilian
02-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I have a Plum Crazy with 2000 + rounds through it. No problems whatsoever!
These are not just .223 rounds either. It has had extensive use with 9mm and 7.62x39.

I just ordered the new LW-15 lower from New Frontier Armory. It's in jail right now, but it is supposed to be superior to the Plum Crazy.
New Frontier is on CalGuns too. Plus their lower is much cheaper than the Plum Crazy! They sell their lower ready for us Kalifornians with a bullet button installed.

badlandsbutch
02-13-2012, 3:44 AM
Friend had a Vulcan lower that cracked where the buffer extension screws in. Replaced with J&D

PsychGuy274
02-13-2012, 4:15 AM
I had a Plumcrazy and I didn't have any problems with it. They're good for budget/light weight builds.

speeedracerr
02-13-2012, 4:31 AM
I have the Plum Crazy lower and never had any problems with it! Definitely a great deal on a completed lower receiver ;)

edgerly779
02-13-2012, 5:32 AM
I had acouple cav arms and dumped them. With lowers costing 70 bucks stripped. Why bother.

takinflight33
02-13-2012, 5:59 PM
ya im going to go the new frontier armory lw-15 route with a complete mid length upper from palmetto state armory

Tripper
02-13-2012, 6:02 PM
I had acouple cav arms and dumped them. With lowers costing 70 bucks stripped. Why bother.

cuz its not stripped for 10 bucks more, lw15 is complete lower
you cant buy a buffer/spring for that extra 10 bucks, much less, stock/buffer/tube/spring/lpk

Fobjoe
02-13-2012, 6:42 PM
picked up a new frontier armory lw15 pistol lower not too long ago. it is noticeably lighter than my aluminum receivers. I did a fair bit of swapping parts between other lowers. One thing I did notice was that while although normal magazine releases work fine, I'm having a very difficult time installing an old gen 1 bullet button. I will probably go and add a minor relief so it will fit later on. Not too big of a deal out here in AZ, but the pistol build was intended to allow me to bring my 11.5" upper back to CA during visits. Considering that new frontier armory sells the lowers with the bullet button included, this shouldn't matter to the california consumer either. The safety selector dimensions are slightly different and don't allow as much trigger movement in "fire" mode. I actually REALLY like this. I installed a geissele hi speed and the overtravel is now shorter than any other gun I own, almost unnoticeable. Having said that, the polymer lower is more scratch resistant than the aluminum lowers for sure and I don't mind abusing it. We shall see what the long term result is, but I am currently very happy with it.

slo5oh
02-13-2012, 6:52 PM
I've got an su16, never had a problem. Around 1000 rounds of wolf and 1000 of American eagle.

Kris79
02-14-2012, 11:57 PM
just got 5 of them, 3 of them were fine installed a spikes upper with adam arm piston conversion, 1 cmmg upper, one larue upper. the 4th one didnt like the 22 upper and the fifth after sticking a spikes upper on it and pulling the charge handle was very tight. after i took the upper off the buffer tube flew out along with buffer retainingpin and spring. i dont think it was seated properly from the factory. i bought them from metal dog and sent them a pm already... so i will see what they say its a easy fix but, i dont have a clue where the retaining pin flew off too.

Mail Clerk
02-15-2012, 6:53 AM
Just bought my first polymer lower from Riflegear last week. I can't say how it fars but as I see on You Tube they should be just as durable as the aluminum jobs. Can't wait to get a new upper on it and see for myself. Besides that they're warrantied for life by Frontier Arms as I understand it.

Mail Clerk

Moonshine
02-21-2012, 4:17 PM
I can't even get my hands on a polymer lower they're always sold oh everywhere :(! If anyone knows where they're in stock pm me please!

Mail Clerk
02-21-2012, 4:41 PM
just wondering if anyone has a polymer lower, if so how has it stood up?

takinflight33,

I just bought my first polymer lower from Riflegear but can't officially get it until the weekend. How it fairs you can look at You Tube to get more visual info. Mine is from Frontier Arms.

Mail Clerk

Drivedabizness
02-21-2012, 4:53 PM
I picked up my LW15 yesterday.

I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but I really like the trigger. I'm looking for a deal on a carbine upper to go with it to become my "beater" AR.

tpc13
02-21-2012, 5:35 PM
I just pocked a LW-15 from Frontier Armory and it looks great and mounts to my Spikes upper. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It's seems well made and top quality.

Old Flash
02-21-2012, 9:11 PM
I started dros on an LW15 a few days ago to replace the lower assembly on my lightweight build. When I was checking it out at Riflegear, the trigger felt pretty good - maybe those polymer parts had something to do with it.

TJCamro
03-15-2012, 4:26 PM
I will let you know how the LW-15 is when I pick my first of 2 up this weekend. It's going under my CMMG 300 Blackout.

bearstatearmory.com
11-07-2012, 5:50 PM
Any updates on these polymer lowers, I was thinking of picking a few up. I'm thinking in theory it should be about the same as having a glock?

bonesurf
11-07-2012, 6:16 PM
All NFA LW15:
Have one on an AR9. This one I'm selling (AR9 config) as I am switching to a glock lower. No problems
2 on 556 lowers. No problems. About 500 rds on one 1000 roughly on the other. No issues. I have traded around and used on an ar22 upper as well with I have no idea how many rounds but that's like negligible wear