PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill black diamond 16" upper reciever and LMT sopmod Lower

Boost_is_Best
02-12-2012, 5:44 PM
new on the forum and wanted to get this question off my chest. I'm trying to decide whether to go for an all out custom AR or just piece it together. I already know my parts for the custom build, but wanted to know it the YH and LMT combo would be great?

Moonshine
02-12-2012, 5:51 PM
If you do go with the YHM diamond rail, right now you can get uppers with the rail installed inexpensively from palmetto state armory and they're quite high quality.

Boost_is_Best
02-12-2012, 7:11 PM
Anymore feedback on performance with this setup? Its my first AR and I want it to be solid, accurate and dependable.

livefire
02-12-2012, 7:54 PM
I have a YHM 14.5", diamond fluted, HBAR barrel upper on one of my toys and it shoots well. The barrel is very consistent.
I have heard fantastic reviews for the YHM diamond handgaurds - solid lockup and light weight.

Hope that helps some.

Boost_is_Best
02-12-2012, 8:01 PM
ok ya i want the 16" upper

CHS
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
YHM uppers are "eh".

They make pretty sloppy uppers and lowers, and the YHM handguards are inexpensive, but very wide and heavy.

They do make a half-decent barrel though.

But personally, if I was shopping for uppers, I would look at other manufacturers besides YHM.

As far as the LMT lower, it would be hard to buy better :)