PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in the desert

mutiny5050
02-12-2012, 5:33 PM
I live in the high desert of Los Angeles co. 30 min outside kern co. I see a lot of postings of people shooting in the desert. I have been taking my ar to the range but at 12$ a pop for everyone I think I would be just as fun to go with a couple of buddies to the desert and shoot away. Couple questions . Can I take my ar-15 out any where and just let loose? I have heard you need to be at least 150 feet or yards from any residental area but I don't want to break the law and get my guns taken away. Does anyone have any experience shooting in the desert?

peter95
02-12-2012, 6:03 PM
many of us shoot in deserts. Just gotta make sure where you are and the law of where you are going to shoot.

It is hard for us to tell you where you can go shooting because we dont know where you are going to shoot.

If you haver a place in mind, contact the BLM and ask them for a map of where you are allowed to shoot.

Please pick up your trash after you do. Have fun and be safe.

gunrock
02-12-2012, 7:50 PM
i am out in lancaster also so if you are not in the opposit edirection then we may be close to each other. Kern has different rules than L.A. county and you can shoot where deemed safe. 1000yrds from road and residents as such. i go to a place where alot of people go it is right of the 14hwy on a road running parallel to it. it is call frontage road right past rosmond blvd, in rosamond, you take it going north till you get to rattle snake road, its a dirt road and you will see a sign for big iron quarry just take it till you see where people are shooting next to mountains.

AJD
02-12-2012, 8:14 PM
i am out in lancaster also so if you are not in the opposit edirection then we may be close to each other. Kern has different rules than L.A. county and you can shoot where deemed safe. 1000yrds from road and residents as such. i go to a place where alot of people go it is right of the 14hwy on a road running parallel to it. it is call frontage road right past rosmond blvd, in rosamond, you take it going north till you get to rattle snake road, its a dirt road and you will see a sign for big iron quarry just take it till you see where people are shooting next to mountains.

Unless something has changed, you can't shoot there anymore as the owner of that property has had enough with all the trash and all the other stuff that went on out there. There is a thread about this in the Range Clean up forum.