View Full Version : SLR106-47 Pistil OK?

02-12-2012, 4:31 PM
I know that the SLR series AK's are on the list of assault weapons and are banned by name. But would that mean that the SLR pistol AK is also illegal in CA? I know it must be single shot etc. but does the fact that it is considered a handgun make it exempt from the list? I asked this in the handgun forum but never got an answer.

02-12-2012, 5:08 PM
Unregistered on-list is illegal in any configuration besides permanently inoperable.

02-12-2012, 5:49 PM
For all practical purposes you should regard the gun as listed as a banned entity.

From a sheer legal technical issue possession of an SLRxxx *pistol* may wel be defendable as the Kasler list specifically is organized by rifle and pistol. The defense would be at some significant cost that vastly exceeds the remote worthwhileness of the acquiring that gun, esp with perfectly legal Dracos, etc. around.

If CGF or another entity wanted to boost/defend certain "listed" legal matters there are better ways to go about it.

Don't get your FFL in trouble. I doubt there are an FFLs that would be willing to try this anyway, and if they did they'd likely contact me, or a real lawyer advising essentially the above.

02-12-2012, 8:29 PM
Thanks, I'm not really interested in buying the gun. The fact that it's 5.56 is a turn off, I was just curious as to whether that list literally referred to "all" guns with the name or just rifles. Thank you for your answers