PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Age for Appleseed in Sacramento?

John C
02-12-2012, 5:06 PM
I know the official policy is that there is no minimum age for Appleseed shoots, but that the host range may have a minimum.

I'm planning to attend the Sacramento Appleseed on March 24-25 with a buddy of mine. He has a 12 year old son we're planning to bring. He's very mature and respectful and completely understands range safety rules. Do range rules allow him to attend?

Thanks,

-John

Rock6.3
02-12-2012, 8:09 PM
Yes, with a parent who remains present.

John C
02-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks. His Dad will be taking the course, along with the kid.

-John

ja308
02-20-2012, 11:25 PM
They had a booth at Gunshow and I asked that question.
Was told the youngest so far was 6 and oldest was 90 !

They said the younger shooters are sometimes made "designated marksman" and use a sandbag or rest . futher explained they are allowed to put holes in a single target , like a tin can or something that shows at the end of the day .

I understand the program is "family friendly and you will not hear any off color language ,or innuendo ect .

Eljay
02-21-2012, 9:28 AM
I saw an after action report recently with a very responsible 5 year old and it apparently went very well. Just depends on the kid. I was at an Appleseed with a young kid -didn't ask the age but reminded me of the 7 year old down the street - and he was great but they had some deal where he would shoot all the stages prone, and started from the prone position. I don't think he had a sandbag or anything, just slinged up as normal. I don't know if he was doing the magazine changes or not.