PDA

View Full Version : WTB Norinco 1911

neomentat
03-29-2007, 3:39 PM
I want to buy a Norinco 1911 in the LA/OC area, hit me up if you have one for sell.

50 Freak
03-29-2007, 4:31 PM
Me too....

Moonclip
03-29-2007, 9:00 PM
Me three!

SemiAutoSam
03-29-2007, 9:06 PM
Tell me your kidding.

Why not look for a 45 made by Jennings or Brico?

I honestly don't know about the rest of you but I seriously wouldn't trust Norinco to make a reliable 1911.

Save your cash and get a American made 1911.

The Chinese make a lot of garbage but this is not an area I would trust them to make something.

OK off my soap box.

mike100
03-29-2007, 9:12 PM
They used to go for $299...I'd hope you could find one for 3 bills or I'd just get a used Colt 1991 for $500.

Bolt2Bounce
03-29-2007, 9:33 PM
can you say Collectible......;)
B2B

Huevos Machaca
03-29-2007, 9:33 PM
Tell me your kidding.

I honestly don't know about the rest of you but I seriously wouldn't trust Norinco to make a reliable 1911.

The Chinese make a lot of garbage but this is not an area I would trust them to make something.

OK off my soap box.

At the time they were one of the only forged 1911 frames in production. The IPSC guys were choosing to use the Norinco frames as the base for their comp guns.

slick_711
03-29-2007, 9:43 PM
At the time they were one of the only forged 1911 frames in production. The IPSC guys were choosing to use the Norinco frames as the base for their comp guns.

And I'd bet good money they stripped them down completely and used ONLY the frame. I've shot a few of the Norincos, they weren't terrible, but unless it is some kind of a collectible, I'd just pony up and buy a RIA for $50 more; or save for a SA/Kimber/Colt.

SemiAutoSam
03-29-2007, 9:52 PM
I suppose its just my untrusting nature of things made in China.
And the fact that nothing seems to be made here anymore everything is made in China these days. I see that as our livelihood being stolen from us under our noses.

I remember in the old days when I or those I knew picked up something we had plans to purchase and it said made in Japan we cringed and usually did not purchase it.

Maybe that was just the perceived notion of lesser quality from things made in Japan. But attitudes change as now a days I would rather a Japanese made lens for my SLR rather than a Chinese one.

I was in the market for a tool to work on a Toyota truck Ive been parting out.

Just a few days ago I needed a tool called a pickle fork well there was a Chinese made tool for about 10.00 and an American tool of the same design for 25.00 I bought the American made tool.

I wanted quality and and I Paid for it.

I don't regret it.

Pryde
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Not meant as a flame,
But what AMERICAN manufacturers make a quality 1911 that is affordable?
Springfield Armory gets their 1911s from Brazil........

Tell me your kidding.

OK off my soap box.

1SGMAT
03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Back in the mid 90's a lot of the custom gunsmiths would only build pistols up using original colt or norinco frames. If you want a true 1911A1, the Norinco is closer than anything else out there.
I do not know how true it is but maybe someone here knows. I was told back when everyone was going 9mm / hi-cap and colt was in financial trouble they sold the original rights to the 1911 to norinco. Then a few years later they realized their mistake and wanted to produce them again but could not do it under the same name so they brought out the 1991 instead. Just a story I heard.
I have owned 4 or 5 Norinco's over the years.
If you ever see one at a fair price, buy it.

SemiAutoSam
03-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Not taken as a flame. This is the #1 reason I keep the 1911's that I have had for the past 10 years or so.
And why I love The Sig Sauer hand guns and Para Ordinance as well. But then I don't really know that they are made here.

Good Point. Just like I mentioned we are outsourcing just about everything we use and consume.

Not a good trait for a country if you ask me.

Not meant as a flame,
But what AMERICAN manufacturers make a quality 1911 that is affordable?
Springfield Armory gets their 1911s from Brazil........

neomentat
03-30-2007, 12:00 AM
I know the Norinco 1911 is bulky and the finish is crappy, but I want one mainly for sentimental values. I like it's rough and rugged look, plus i plan on personalizing it with some goodies.

One just got sold in Riverside in the for sale section, i was a few hours too late and didn't get on the deal. ;[

So, if anyone has a Norinco 1911A1 they want to part with, plz contact me.

Worse come the worst, I'll just buy a RIA 1911, how's the quality of RIA? How's the steel? would it be a good base gun?