PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms Golani Idea

joash
02-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Would it be so hard for a gun shop to order a bunch of Century Golanis and test them? Then they could advertise them all as having been thoroughly tested, maybe charge a little bit more for them and send all the defective ones back.

tomd1584
02-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I believe that's exactly what Henderson defense does.

Sicarius
02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Well, what they use to do... Probably too many issues for Henderson defense to bother with. I got mine from them and it works great. My friend on the other hand got a dud.
Kevin

SJgunguy24
02-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I believe that's exactly what Henderson defense does.

That's not what I've been told. They sell them "certified" to CA customers because they deal with it, not Century. You get a dud, they send you another one.
If you tried to ship your WASR to Century they would not warranty it, and I doubt you'd get it back.
WASR's from my observation are pretty much a sure thing for going bang. If the sights are crooked or something cosmetic, then that's the owners hang up.
Century's Galil's, a whole different situation all together. So far the boomerang rate is like 90%. Don't waste your money.
To the OP, are you willing to drop 5K to make maybe 200$? That's basically what your asking a shop owner to do. Profits are hard to come by, especially in CA when most of the good stuff has to be double shipped and middle man fees are added.

Target19
02-13-2012, 2:06 AM
Would it be so hard for a gun shop to order a bunch of Century Golanis and test them? Then they could advertise them all as having been thoroughly tested, maybe charge a little bit more for them and send all the defective ones back.

Really?