PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian SA-93, SLR-95 and SLR-96

peppermintman
02-11-2012, 6:16 PM
How do I work out the issues with the thumb hole stock on the 93 and the 95 Bulgarian. I know the 96 has pistol grip so that's not an issue except I would prefer wood rather than poly. This AK is not on the list so I'm going to get another once I iron out the issues with the thumb hole stock. I understand to be 922 compliant the AK must have 5 US parts on it? So, If I take off the thumb hole stock I must put 5 US parts on it. People help me get another AK. Once I figure out to attach pic I'll have my milled AK for you all to see.

Peppermintman

Retzius
02-11-2012, 6:39 PM
I have an SLR-95. It's easy to convert:

You remove the thumb hole stock, attach an Ace Milled receiver block, and attach stock and pistol grip. Literally 10 minutes of work with a screwdriver.

peppermintman
02-12-2012, 9:42 AM
Must be nice to own. It's got the milled receiver right? I like being careful when I go to the range. I actually keep a 10 round mag attached when driving so LEO not say I have a off list weapon. I should say a weapon with a detached mag. Correct me if I'm wrong ok? I know where to get the 93 or 95 but it's out of state. Can a thumb hole stock AK be shipped to Cali ?

mike_the_wino
02-12-2012, 1:18 PM
What's the quality of these SA93's? I have an unfired one with 'Arsenal' stamped on the left side of the milled receiver.

peppermintman
02-12-2012, 4:09 PM
What's the quality of these SA93's? I have an unfired one with 'Arsenal' stamped on the left side of the milled receiver.

Don't know Mike. I heard it had a milled receiver. I got one and want one more then that's it. Stayin away from WASR & Romanian AK's. I think.it's of us heard about those. There was a funny UTube on Roamian's with the mag rattling in the mag well. Guy said it was normal but I heard the mag well didn't get dimpled on many. Oh well I'm still looking.

Question: Do all AK's made in Bulgaria have Arsenal stamped on it???

Retzius
02-12-2012, 6:22 PM
My SLR-95 has a mIlled receiver. It is a very robust and accurate AK at the expense of extra weight. It is only legal to own as a RAW in California. If yours is not, don't take it to the range. Keep it around the house for 'a rainy day'.

akjunkie
02-12-2012, 6:29 PM
Here's my SLR95 w/ ACE kit . (my RAW)

LBDamned
02-12-2012, 6:46 PM
Must be nice to own. It's got the milled receiver right? I like being careful when I go to the range. I actually keep a 10 round mag attached when driving so LEO not say I have a off list weapon. I should say a weapon with a detached mag. Correct me if I'm wrong ok? I know where to get the 93 or 95 but it's out of state. Can a thumb hole stock AK be shipped to Cali ?

just have the shipper put a mag lock on it - that's what I did (for Zastava PAP)... I didnt convert it though so it wasnt a wasted expense. I guess in your case it would just add $30 to your purchase. you might be able to sell the mag lock to someone when you convert your rifle?

peppermintman
02-13-2012, 4:31 AM
Here's my SLR95 w/ ACE kit . (my RAW)

Very nice. I'll post my Polish milled as soon as I figure out how to attach it. The milled AK's are much heavier than the stamped.
So, are all Bulgarian AK's made by Arsenal???