PDA

View Full Version : Lightening the trigger pull on an 1895 Nagant

cuate
02-11-2012, 9:32 AM
I surfed another Nagant oriented forum and saw items pertaining to lightening the trigger pull which most of us feel is atrocious compared to the firearms that we normally own and fire.

The unloaded Nagant was lain on it's l/h side and the screw right above the grip removed. Turned over upon the r/h side and lifting the l/h frame at the trigger guard up gently, and removing it showing the inner works.

Some of the Russians placed a nut or part of a bullet between the main spring and the frame to lesson trigger pull..Down at the lower end...

Pleas don't laugh but I dropped a #312 hearing aid battery into that space and it lessened my trigger pull greatly and it still functions on a double action trigger pull.

I have to mention the other forum with no disrespect to this one.
M1895 Nagant Pistol Collector Forum so you may see the photos and etc,

VegasND
02-11-2012, 9:34 AM
The only down side seems to be broken springs. Pick up an extra and you should be GTG.

I personally think the horrendous trigger is part of the charm. I always enjoy handing the 'weird revolver' to unsuspecting people and watching their reaction.

Mutant
02-11-2012, 7:32 PM
The only down side seems to be broken springs. Pick up an extra and you should be GTG.

I personally think the horrendous trigger is part of the charm. I always enjoy handing the 'weird revolver' to unsuspecting people and watching their reaction.

Ditto. I usually ask them to particularly check out my home gunsmithing trigger job.

VegasND
02-11-2012, 9:22 PM
Good idea! I am stealing that.
Ditto. I usually ask them to particularly check out my home gunsmithing trigger job.