View Full Version : Q: Tokarev M57 - Slide on grip

02-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Curious if anyone with a M57 (Or even a TT-33 for width confirmation) has slapped a pair of Hogue or any other type of rubber grip on their Tokarev.

Looking at these two right now:

If they fit would it be fine to cut a square out of the full sized; for it to go around the lanyard loop?

Or would I be better off with smaller slip on?

02-11-2012, 6:35 AM
Never done it and never seen it done.

That doesn't mean it can't be done.

It all depends on the look and feel you're trying to get.

02-11-2012, 8:04 AM
Keep with the spirit of the Warsaw Pact.

Cut a piece of bicycle tube and slide it on.

And, no, I've never used one. But I do have a Yugo Tok with a loose grip that slides around (chipped on the inside) and I've not gotten around to dealing with it. Maybe I'll take my own advice as it would be easier than trying to repair or replace the grip.

02-11-2012, 1:20 PM
I've seen it on a few Toks now, I believe they were all M57s. Bicycle tube would work, but i'd prefer something like the above. :)

Found this as well, although it's the entire grip and it requires both modification to the Tok (Clipping the lanyard ring off) and the shaving down the grip some, so that throws it out the door for me. :(

Also found vid below, would just prefer one of the above styles. :)

Edit: Grips in the last vid are for a S&W Sigma and the large Hogues are compatible with the Sigma as well, so it should just be a matter of cutting out a piece of material to sit around the lanyard ring. If that'd work out fine and not destroy the grip somehow, I think it'd work for me. :)

02-11-2012, 2:01 PM
It doesn't wrap around the side you want it to, but these are gorgeous: http://marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm#m57wrap

I've got a set of them on my Norinco 213.