PDA

View Full Version : The folks behind the Starbuck's Boycott....

User21c
02-10-2012, 7:05 PM
You've probably read about the Starbuck's Boycott planned for Feb 14th by a 'lunatic' anti-2A organization.

But tonight, I hit their site and was SHOCKED!
I haven't ever seen such inaccurate, falsely biased anti-gun "info", ever...

http://gunvictimsaction.org/

This is some scary stuff if even 5% of it ever caught on...:eek:

Here's a sampling of the cr*p spewing from their site...

England is a country very similar to ours. They hunt, they collect guns, and marksmanship is a big sport. They have serious drug problems, poverty, gangs, immigration issues etc. Because this is a country where only criminals have guns, we would expect there to be rampant gun violence – huge numbers of gun homicides and gun crime assaults. After all, only the criminals have guns. Even the police don’t carry guns. England has 75 gun homicides per year.

As our population is 5 times that of England’s (300 million vs. 60 million) we should expect 5 times their gun homicides each year or 375. In fact we have 12,000 each year. But in our country, not only do criminals have all the guns they want*, but so do the law-abiding citizens.

There is only one explanation for these facts: It is the law-abiding citizens with guns, not the criminals, who are committing the majority of the gun homicides.

We would have a fraction of the gun homicides we have if only the criminals had guns. Criminals are interested in getting money, not in killing people. Over 50% of U.S. gun homicides are due to arguments not criminals. (FBI Annual Uniform Crime Reports).

* The NRA and gun lobby block any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns. WHY?, Because sales to criminals represent 25% of the Gun Industry’s annual sales. (Source: Expert witness report filed as part of the 1999 NAACP lawsuit vs. the Gun Industry.) Then the NRA claims everyone needs to carry a gun at all times to protect themselves from armed criminals. This is very clever marketing— create the demand, then provide the supply.

Just Dave
02-10-2012, 7:14 PM
If they like England so much why don't they move there?

knerona
02-10-2012, 7:17 PM
WOW.

Just Dave
02-10-2012, 7:18 PM
According to this site we have a pretty low murder rate.
http://chartsbin.com/view/1454

User21c
02-10-2012, 7:19 PM
We're all in danger....... because of the NRA...
http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/2011/12/your-increasing-risk/

User21c
02-10-2012, 7:21 PM
According to this site we have a pretty low murder rate.
http://chartsbin.com/view/1454

Stop confusing me with facts... :facepalm:

User21c
02-10-2012, 7:29 PM
Ah... Now I see....... Self Defense is a myth!
http://gunvictimsaction.org/faqs/people-who-carry-guns-concealed-and-openly-claim-they-need-to-carry-them-for-self-defense-they-have-a-right-to-protect-themselves-and-their-families-what-is-wrong-with-that/

People who carry guns, concealed and openly, claim they need to carry them for self defense. They have a right to protect themselves and their families. What is wrong with that?The reason virtually every open carry and conceal and carry gun owner gives for their needing a gun with them at all times is for self defense.

This is another one of the fantasies advanced by the gun lobby and people who claim they need to be armed in public. However, it is completely unrealistic for them to think they can defend themselves by carrying a gun at all times. They imagine that they and the criminal attacker are going to be walking down a street in Dodge City, facing each other and waiting to draw and shoot. It does not work that way. In the real world, the element of surprise almost always trumps being armed.

The criminal will have a gun to the head of the armed citizen before the armed citizen even realizes what is happening. At that point, the armed citizen will not dare try to reach for his gun. The criminal, besides securing the money he are after, will also take the armed citizen’s gun.

Studies show that open carry and concealed carry create significant risk to public safety and do little to provide safety to the gun carrier. In a study funded by the National Institutes of Health and published in the American Journal of Public Health, November 2009, epidemiologists at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine found that, on average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault. The study found that people carrying a gun were 4.5 times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not carrying a gun.
No one is more protected than the president of the United States is. When President Reagan was walking out of a hotel, he was surrounded by six highly trained Secret Service agents keenly on the lookout for any potential danger. Despite that, John Hinkley, someone who had no experience shooting, and was armed with a $45 gun that shot 6 bullets, wounded President Reagan, press secretary James Brady, a police officer and a Secret Service agent before being subdued.

In Oakland last year (2010), 2 armed police officers stopped a driver at a traffic light. The driver, a parole violator, had a firearm on the passenger seat. When the police officers approached, he killed them both. Despite being armed and highly trained, the element of surprise tragically took their lives.

When Pittsburgh police responded to a mother reporting a domestic dispute in 2010, her son, laying in wait armed and wearing a bulletproof vest, killed them as they came through the door. The element of surprise almost always succeeds. That is reality, self-defense is the fantasy.

Go to our donate page and become a Supporting Member today. [Link]

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2012, 7:31 PM
Wait, only 75 per year? I must have read more news articles that involved guns than that.

And not to mention that even more articles contain use of knives, swords, clubs, packs and so forth that resulted in murder. Anything can be a weapon, the most effective way to stop a deadly or great harm threat is free access to the most logical deadly, final weapon.

User21c
02-10-2012, 7:34 PM
I'm now tempted to drive out and meet the people who host this site...:rolleyes:

Are concealed & open carry a threat to public safety?Since so many states (48) allow concealed carry and open carry of guns,
doesn’t that mean such practices are not a threat to public safety?

Answer: The facts say that carrying of guns openly or concealed is a serious threat to public safety.

The most complete study of open carry legal gun owners (Note: not “law abiding citizens” but legal gun owners) was performed in 2009 in the State of Indiana. The study shows that many open carriers have extremely violent histories, are dangerous people and use their guns to commit violence and intimidate. (See INDYSTAR.COM October 11, 2009 “Should these Hoosiers have been allowed to carry a gun in public?”)

An ongoing Violence Policy Center study, “CCW Killers,” (http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm) shows that from May 2007 through December 2010, concealed handgun permit holders have killed 273 people (1.5 per week), including 9 law enforcement officers. They have also committed 17 mass shootings and 25 murder-suicides.

Given these facts, the justification that only “legal gun owners” are granted permits to carry a gun concealed, or carry guns openly is faulty. These “legal gun owners” are legal until they use their guns to commit crimes. Therefore, the notion that concealed carry permit holders and open carriers are not a threat to public safety is simply false.

RMP91
02-10-2012, 7:35 PM
I didn't even bother reading. Their views are so extreme that they will NEVER get any political traction to further their "agenda". I bet my life and all my worldly possessions on it.

User21c
02-10-2012, 7:39 PM
This non-factual propoganda has to be stopped!
Here's a "Live Tally" of murders of various classes, committed by CCW holders... BS. :mad:

Times like this I wish I were an attorney, and could file a libel suit! or at least a cease and desist! :(

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

In 1996 at a Dallas, Texas, press conference, Tanya Metaksa, then the executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, promised, "As we get more information about right-to-carry, our point is made again and again...People who get permits in states which have fair right-to-carry laws are law-abiding, upstanding community leaders who merely seek to exercise their right to self-defense." This assertion, summarized by Metaksa in the blunt and absolute assertion that "these citizens don't commit violent crimes," was a key factor when state legislatures debated weakening concealed weapons laws to allow private citizens to carry concealed handguns in public. Had the NRA informed policymakers that concealed handgun permit holders would routinely be killing law enforcement personnel and perpetrating, rather than preventing, mass murders and other gun homicides few legislators--applying Metaksa's own standard--would have voted in favor of such laws. These unfounded assertions are repeated to this day. In a September 28, 2010, opinion piece on Foxnews.com, concealed carry advocate John Lott asserted, "Fears about accidents and rampages by permit holders, and blood running in the streets however never materialized where concealed carry has been allowed."

Such false claims are endlessly repeated by pro-gun advocates in their ongoing efforts to expand the carrying of concealed handguns into bars, churches, schools, and places of employment. In addition, the gun lobby has been successful at hiding the truth about crimes committed by concealed handgun permit holders by forcing most states to keep secret the identities of permit holders. As a result, until recently, the false claims made by pro-gun advocates regarding these "upstanding community leaders" have been left unchallenged.

In 2009, the Violence Policy Center began an ongoing research project to identify killings from May 2007 to the present involving citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns. Because detailed information on such killings is not readily available, the VPC is forced to rely primarily on news accounts for reports of such killings and subsequent legal proceedings.

Above is the current tally from May 2007 to the present of killings involving persons with concealed carry permits or who committed a killing in public with a legal handgun in a state that allows concealed carry without a permit (Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont allow the carrying of concealed handguns without a permit). The killings are broken out by specific categories and a killing may fit into more than one category. Because the VPC relies primarily on news reports for the majority of incidents, the actual numbers are most likely far higher. This tally is updated monthly. Clicking on each category's tally will link you to vignettes describing the circumstances for each killing, listed by state. The descriptions also include the current, known status of any charges filed against the permit holder as well as noting instances where the perpetrator committed suicide.

The Violence Policy Center welcomes any new information regarding the status of any case (with verifiable source(s)). Any new information or corrections to the information contained in the database will be posted in the next monthly update.

Use this link to contact the VPC: http://www.vpc.org/contact.htm.

radioman
02-10-2012, 7:59 PM
75 murders a year, I can buy that, 75 murders in 2012.

G60
02-10-2012, 8:34 PM
See my sig for an interesting fact about the NGVAC and who they really are.

disturbed1
02-10-2012, 8:35 PM
this is AMERICA! If you dont like it, then you can get the beeeeeeep out!
Damn, these people are very delusional and ignorant. Can we invite them to a range day to experience shooting a gun and have a liberial vs conservative contest?

User21c
02-10-2012, 8:41 PM
See my sig for an interesting fact about the NGVAC and who they really are.

Googling the phrase in your sig lead me to this gem, back on their site... Classic....:facepalm:

CAUTION
Whenever you hear ANYTHING about guns that seems appealing, reasonable or factual KNOW IT IS PROBABLY NOT TRUE. For the facts contact us at: info@gunvictimsaction.org

battleship
02-10-2012, 8:48 PM
Criminals are only interested in your money, not killing you:rofl2:

I will be the 1st to admit im not a great writer but who ever wrote this stuff seems to be around 7 years old and a little slow at that.

vincewarde
02-10-2012, 8:56 PM
Someone (not at all a gun type person) actually was looking for an example of propaganda to use in their graduate work. After looking at a lot of issues, he settled on the gun control debate. He said that the anti-gun movement was a classic example of a movement driven by pure propaganda, rather than facts and reason. I **THINK*** I heard him on GunTalk, but I'm not positive about that.

This analysis is from South Africa, but as extensive references to US organizations and tactics. http://www.crimefree.co.za/propaganda/propagan.htm

In the process of searching for the above, I found a liberal arguing that "the vast majority" of self defense shooting stories are bogus. Yeah, right - that's why we provide links to media stories. That's why the NRA's Armed Citizen column lists the source of EVERY STORY. Give me a break!

Tyson
02-10-2012, 9:08 PM
"Guns can be carried concealed in 49 states and openly in 43 states. Guns are not registered and gun owners are not licensed."

I can't believe the stuff people on that site write about as if they have a clue. Guns are not registered ??? That particular statement is addressing CCWers which infers carrying a pistol. All legal pistols are registered and any prudent CCW holder would have the pistol in question on their permit. Completely false of them! Gun owners are not licensed ?? To legally carry a concealed weapon of course you have to have permit. If not, you are by definition a criminal. these people are very misinformed.

LadyShooter
02-10-2012, 9:08 PM
With millions of guns sold last year, and all the new right to carry laws these guys must be foaming at the mouth. Oh, and where are the piles of dead LEO's?

warbird
02-10-2012, 9:37 PM
If everything above my comments in this tread is true then we have some seriously mentally ill people opposing the second amendment. These people are certifiable crazy and should be running around with conservators. Now the father on the news tonight did not help our cause much when he went on the news with a video of him blasting his daughter's computer with his forty-five and it sure wasn't at a range. the bad part about all of this is these anti-gun are hysterical enough to encourage people like Pelosi and Boxer in Washington D.C.

Rossi357
02-10-2012, 9:41 PM
On Elliot Fineman's Linkedin page......
We are a network of 14 million gun victims, survivors, the faith community and ordinary people leveraging our economic power to change America's gun laws.
Getting out my hip waders.

j.hors
02-10-2012, 9:49 PM
CAUTION
Whenever you hear ANYTHING about guns that seems appealing, reasonable or factual KNOW IT IS PROBABLY NOT TRUE. For the facts contact us at: info@gunvictimsaction.org

I emailed them at that address January 24th, still have not recieved any type of reply. this is what i sent them and for the record i do know what an assult weapon is and i do know the difference between clips and mags. I just put in those word to see if they really do know the truth lol. And as far as the third bullet I currently have my XD40 right next to me and the little thing must be shy because it hasn't gone off all day.

I have a couple questions that I need answered. First do I have to sorry about people in my neighborhood getting assault weapons, and more specifically what is an assault weapon(i keep hearing about them)? Second is there any restrictions on the size of a clip a gun can have (primary refering to California where I live) and should I report anyone that has clips that exceed the limit? Third should I worry about a gun going off if I am in the area of a gun? Thank you for your assistance.

Dreaded Claymore
02-10-2012, 9:54 PM
We're all in danger....... because of the NRA...
http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/2011/12/your-increasing-risk/
I love the "Low risk, medium risk, high risk" chart. It's just packed full of quantitative information. :D

On Elliot Fineman's Linkedin page......
We are a network of 14 million gun victims, survivors, the faith community and ordinary people leveraging our economic power to change America's gun laws.
Getting out my hip waders.
Shouldn't that mean they're over three times as large as the NRA? With those numbers, they would have eradicated legal gun ownership long ago by lobbying Congress.

wayneinFL
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Guns are not registered ??? That particular statement is addressing CCWers which infers carrying a pistol. All legal pistols are registered and any prudent CCW holder would have the pistol in question on their permit. Completely false of them! Gun owners are not licensed ?? To legally carry a concealed weapon of course you have to have permit. If not, you are by definition a criminal. these people are very misinformed.

Depends on the state. I don't have any pistol on my permit. No place to put it. And in several states open or even concealed carry does not require a permit. As for registration just about every handgun has been listed on a 4473 form somewhere, sometime since 1968. Registered? Not exactly, but you could argue it either way. The 38 I have on me right now has had at least three owners since the last time it was on a 4473 form.

Not that any of that has any significant effect on criminals one way or the other. Just discourages honest people from protecting themselves.

I get the England stuff thrown at me all the time. If you exclude the murders in the US committed with firearms- just imagine guns were never invented and that none of those crime would have been committed by other means- we still have a murder rate far, far higher than the UK. People are killing people with hands, feet, rocks, blunt instruments and edged weapons. Whatever's handy. This is the US and we have guns, so that's what was handy at the time for a lot of people. It's not the "gun culture" that drives our crime rate, it's a violent culture that drives our crime rate.

radioman
02-10-2012, 10:57 PM
If you can't wow them with brilliance baffle them with bull ****

Rossi357
02-10-2012, 11:38 PM
They want to boycott Starbucks on Valentines day. I thought everyone went to Red Lobster on that day.

BobB35
02-11-2012, 5:21 PM
You have to love number two. If you claim you will give 25$ to some who shows your "fact are incorrect but then never pay does that count?

http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/2012/01/pro-gun-responders-terrorist-watch-list/

FatalKitty
02-11-2012, 5:40 PM
what the hell...

They talk about the "element of surprise" and that even cops can't defend themselves... are they trying to take guns out of cops hands too? WHAT THE ****

they are so full of **** it's crazy, who the hell believes this ****ing ****?

FourTenJaeger
02-11-2012, 5:46 PM
These people are so stupid I thought it was a joke!

Fouredwards
02-11-2012, 5:49 PM
I love starbucks stand on this crap

ja308
02-11-2012, 6:27 PM
I didn't even bother reading. Their views are so extreme that they will NEVER get any political traction to further their "agenda". I bet my life and all my worldly possessions on it.

Actually most of the world community is of that mindset !
A democratic House ,senate and president would surely agree .

A sane society would shun the likes of george soros and Mike bloomberg .
But their ideas get traction . Mainly because most americans have no idea of the constitution , or what it took to get liberty.

In fact try it yourself , ask 1st yourself what the 6th amendment is , then keep asking until you find someone who know's it .

Californians seem especially ignorant of these rights.

CCWFacts
02-12-2012, 11:12 AM
If they like England so much why don't they move there?

Because they are more likely to be stabbed or shot in London than they are in many many shall-issue American cities.

HBrebel
02-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Did we or did we not cut ties with England because their laws were unjust?

Gray Peterson
02-12-2012, 12:46 PM
A boycott, by snooty people who don't drink Starbucks anyway, is not a boycott....

Marthor
02-12-2012, 1:11 PM
Switzerland does it best. Nearly 100% of men in Switzerland own a gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Very low gun crime...
Police statistics for the year 2006[14] records 34 killings or attempted killings involving firearms, compared to 69 cases involving bladed weapons and 16 cases of unarmed assault. Cases of assault resulting in bodily harm numbered 89 (firearms) and 526 (bladed weapons). As of 2007, Switzerland had a population of about 7,600,000.

tuolumnejim
02-12-2012, 2:20 PM
I left a comment at their website but I don't think it going to make it through moderation. :43:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Thanks you for alerting me to this very important matter of your boycott, I however am in the camp of Freedom and will be supporting our local Starbucks here in Tuolumne County California. If your in the area come on by and I’ll buy you a nice hot chocolate to celebrate the 2nd Amendment and support Starbucks against your boycott.

(reply)

ETD1010
02-12-2012, 5:26 PM
Um.. According to the article, it's the law abiding citizens that are committed gun-related crimes.....

Wouldn't that automatically make them NON law-abiding???

SilverTauron
02-12-2012, 5:38 PM
Um.. According to the article, it's the law abiding citizens that are committed gun-related crimes.....

Wouldn't that automatically make them NON law-abiding???

Not to them.

Liberals associate guns with crime.Thus, gun ownership/possession/useage = criminal.

Fair enough. Let us associate external features with criminals for a moment. By that reasoning we ought to outlaw suits and ties, as every corrupt politician and drug lord has worn one at some point. More people have been killed by guys wearing Armani than have ever died from an AK series rifle. ;)

Kid Stanislaus
02-12-2012, 5:55 PM
Damn, these people are very delusional and ignorant. Can we invite them to a range day to experience shooting a gun and have a liberial vs conservative contest?

I know EXACTLY what you have in mind and you'll never get away with it:D!!

Luieburger
02-12-2012, 7:42 PM
I'll go to Starbucks 3 times on the 14th. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

ewarmour
02-12-2012, 8:16 PM
Registrant Name:Elliot Fineman
Registrant Organization:National Gun Victims Action Council
Registrant Street1:1310 N. Ritchie Ct. 8C
Registrant City:Chicago
Registrant State/Province:Illinois
Registrant Postal Code:60610

Sore loser. :rofl2:

socal2310
02-13-2012, 6:27 AM
Actually most of the world community is of that mindset !
A democratic House ,senate and president would surely agree .

A sane society would shun the likes of george soros and Mike bloomberg .
But their ideas get traction . Mainly because most americans have no idea of the constitution , or what it took to get liberty.

In fact try it yourself , ask 1st yourself what the 6th amendment is , then keep asking until you find someone who know's it .

Californians seem especially ignorant of these rights.

No, anti-gun groups only gain traction by hiding their real objectives, these guys are useful because they provide a place for the "True Believers" to obtain affirmation while staying out of the way while "moderates" like the Brady Campaign actually get things done. Remember, individual Brady members will admit that their goal is total disarmament, the organization itself NEVER does. That is no accident.

Ryan

ewarmour
02-13-2012, 6:50 AM
"moderates" like the Brady Campaign actually get things done. Remember, individual Brady members will admit that their goal is total disarmament, the organization itself NEVER does. That is no accident.

There is no such thing as an anti-gun moderate.

But here’s the very interesting thing about the National Gun Victims Action Council: They are the Brady Campaign.

From their Board biographies:
Elliot Fineman is a senior member of the Brady PAC–Illinois, the group that makes endorsements on behalf of the Brady Campaign in Illinois.

Andrew Goddard is the President of the Richmond Chapter of the Million Mom March, a division of the Brady Campaign.

Lori O’Neill is the past President & Vice President of the Million Mom March of Cleveland which she calls the “grassroots arm of the Brady Campaign.”

Jeanne Bishop has served as President of the North Suburban Chicagoland Million Mom March Chapter and lists herself as a general Brady Campaign volunteer.

Griffin Dix was Chairman of the Brady Campaign’s Million Mom March National State Presidents Council and the chapter-elected member of the Brady Campaign Board of Trustees.

Bill Jenkins is married to the National Program Director for Victims and Survivors for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and represents the organization with his wife at public events.

Thom Mannard is a founding member of the Brady PAC-Illinois.

Alice Thomas-Norris is the President of the Million Moms March Chicago Chapter of Survivors for the Brady Campaign.

Tom Vanden Berk is a board member of the Brady Campaign/Million Mom March.

Amanda & Nick Wilcox are Legislative Co-Chairs of the California Chapters of the Brady Campaign as well as leaders of the Sacramento Valley Chapter and the Nevada County Brady Campaign Chapter.

Willie Williams works with the Brady Campaign to target pro-rights lawmakers in Illinois during election years.

Heidi Yewman is the Washington state president of the Million Mom March/Brady Campaign.

In other words, out of 16 people listed on NGAC’s board, 13 are in the Brady Campaign leadership. Most are state leaders, but several are national leaders.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/01/25/the-new-era-of-anti-gun-groups/

Marthor
02-13-2012, 7:19 AM
I just drank a Starbucks coffee. :p

socal2310
02-13-2012, 7:41 AM
There is no such thing as an anti-gun moderate.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/01/25/the-new-era-of-anti-gun-groups/

That's why I had the word in quotation marks. We know what their ultimate goal is, an appalling number of people don't.

As far as your second point, the anti-gun lobby is extraordinarily incestuous, a look at the board of directors of any of these organizations will keep turning up familiar names. They can't sell their product directly to most people but they have a flavor for virtually every variety of anti-gunner out there. From the cynically manipulative politician who is interested in only his own power, to the hunter who doesn't appreciate the utility of a handgun for self-defense to the reflexively anti-gun urban denizen who has been terrorized by armed thugs for most of his/her life to the suburban soccer mom who only knows what she hears in the news.

Ryan

A-J
02-13-2012, 8:31 AM
Anyone who reads this line should be able to reasonably conclude these folks are nuts:

In 2009, the Violence Policy Center began an ongoing research project to identify killings from May 2007 to the present involving citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns. Because detailed information on such killings is not readily available, the VPC is forced to rely primarily on news accounts for reports of such killings and subsequent legal proceedings.

How that shoulod be read, IMO:

In 2009, the Violence Policy Center began an ongoing research project to identify killings from May 2007 to the present involving citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns. Because facts regarding such killings are not readily available, the VPC is forced to make something up that supports our position, using the media (who could care less about facts, they only want a story) as our primary source for information.

jdberger
02-13-2012, 9:21 AM
Ignore NGVAC. They don't matter. They have a little money - but not enough for anyone to actually care about what they have to say.

As a "Grass Tops" organization, they're made of the same anti-civil rights folks that already run the Brady Campaign and similar local organizations.

As much as I detest these people, it's hard not to have a bit of sympathy for them. A number of them have experienced a tragedy for which they blame guns. Eliot Fineman's son was murdered in San Diego. Joan Peterson's sister was killed by an ex-boyfriend. Griffon Dix lost his son to a firearms accident. Andrew Goddard's* son was wounded in the Virginia Tech shooting. Bill Jenkins lost his son to a robbery. The Wilcoxs lost a daughter to a nutjob.

Unfortunately, they've all projected their grief and rage onto an inanimate object, a gun, instead of where it belongs - the people who killed their children/family members. They've become determined to "do something", and that something is eliminating guns. The reaction is short-sighted and selfish - but I get it. It's often easier to blame the hammer that hit your thumb than the person wielding it.

Ignore them and they'll eventually burn through their money and either fade away, or merge with States United to Prevent Gun Violence like so many other gun control organizations have.

DrunkN_MastR
02-13-2012, 8:56 PM
I never drink Starbucks, but will make it a point to buy some tomorrow...

G60
02-14-2012, 6:06 PM
You have to love number two. If you claim you will give 25$ to some who shows your "fact are incorrect but then never pay does that count?

http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/2012/01/pro-gun-responders-terrorist-watch-list/

Let's give credit where credit is due, they do pay up:
http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2012/02/starbucks-ammo-courtesty-of-elliot.html (http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2012/02/starbucks-ammo-courtesty-of-elliot.ht)

http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2012/02/settlement-w-no-admission-of-wrongdoing.html

Goosebrown
02-14-2012, 6:23 PM
I am sipping my last Starbucks of the day. Going to pay for it tonight I guess, but heck, I love them right now.

Gray Peterson
02-14-2012, 7:53 PM
From Mr. Fineman,

"My son was murdered by a gun"

This above explains his mentality.

LoadedM333
02-14-2012, 8:38 PM
Not to them.

Liberals associate guns with crime.Thus, gun ownership/possession/useage = criminal.

Fair enough. Let us associate external features with criminals for a moment. By that reasoning we ought to outlaw suits and ties, as every corrupt politician and drug lord has worn one at some point. More people have been killed by guys wearing Armani than have ever died from an AK series rifle. ;)
Damn liberals, I didn't know that I am a criminal. LOL...

MudCamper
02-15-2012, 8:25 AM
Man that website is good for a lot of laughs. Look at these insane claims they make about the NRA:

3. Create Fear, Maximize Sales to Criminals
Fact: The Criminal market = 25% of the gun industry’s annual sales.*
The NRA fights to protect this market share

Every criminal was once law abiding citizen.

Any sane gun law will lead to the government being able to take your guns away.

So we're all criminals, and they openly admit that they want the gov to confiscate all guns.

Oh and look at this gem:

CAUTION
Whenever you hear ANYTHING about guns that seems appealing, reasonable or factual KNOW IT IS PROBABLY NOT TRUE. For the facts contact us

Hilarious.

HBrebel
02-15-2012, 8:37 AM
I never go to starbucks, but since hearing this I have been going once a week, if anything just to take my business to a company that still gives a damn about personal liberty and civil rights.

soldierboy
02-15-2012, 9:05 AM
i disagree with this statement. the beauty of this country is the right to let your own opinions be heard no matter how dilusional they are. why should someone who does not agree with your own views, or the majority of the populace have to leave?

alfred1222
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
like it was said, these people are so radical that they will never get anywhere.

Blackdawn451
02-15-2012, 1:35 PM
You want to know another two countries that have really strict gun control? Lets look at Russia and South Africa...

Ishooter
02-15-2012, 2:31 PM
Those anti-gun activists are like communists: telling lies and taking away people's rights. They try to take away a very important right a person must have, which is to protect themselves. A hidden agenda is they try to make a government that controls/suppresses everything about its own citizens, including their own lives.

fraz
02-15-2012, 8:20 PM
I just read the first post. What a load of misrepresented crap.

hammerhead_77
02-15-2012, 8:56 PM
regarding Fineman and his roving circus of *****clowns, I will totally misquote some one:

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake. Its impolite."

Let them rant...