PDA

View Full Version : NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term

Tango_Whiskey
02-10-2012, 4:49 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/feb/10/nra-official-obama-wants-outlaw-guns-2nd-term/

Coded-Dude
02-10-2012, 4:53 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=534180

:dupe:

mes227
02-10-2012, 8:19 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/feb/10/nra-official-obama-wants-outlaw-guns-2nd-term/

Just remember your high school civics class. The Present passes NO laws.

vincewarde
02-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that if President Obama could get congress to somehow outlaw guns, he would. He told another, pro-gun professor at University of Chicago law school that he thought no one outside of the military and the police should be able to own guns.

I also have a great deal of suspicion that F&F was an effort to further gun control.

That said, it is going to be very hard for him to advance this agenda - especially in the wake of Fast and Furious. He may not have to worry about re-election, but lots of Dems do. Congress won't pass it.

The greatest danger is who he will appoint to SCOTUS. That could easily stop the progress we are making. It could result in Heller and McDonald being overturned - but the political firestorm that would result from that would be stronger than anything that has ever been seen before. It would prove to any thinking individual that precedent and the intent and text of the Constitution are meaningless to the justices who voted for the ruling. The NRA would get much, much stronger - as would other gun rights groups and after Obama left the White House he would almost certainly be replaced by a pro-gun president. There would be enough pro-gun members of both houses to pass an amendment "clarifying" the 2nd Amendment. If it did go out to the states, I would expect it to be ratified as quickly as was the repeal of prohibition. Since SCOTUS members are not stupid - I do not think they would overturn Heller/McDonald.

I do think that they would seek to limit it as much as possible. The anti-gun movements opinion of Heller/McDonald would become fact. The 2nd Amendment would end at your front door. The ruling would be as simple as it is wrong. "Keep" applies to individuals. "Bear" applies to those called to service in government militias.

So, first of all, no matter what you think about the Republican field, realize that a second Obama term will almost certainly stop our progress on the 2nd Amendment. Go forth in November and vote for the most pro-gun person running who also has a chance to win.

Second, as funds permit, give something to help that person. Obama has a one billion dollar budget for his re-election bid. That can be used to spread a lot of lies.

vantec08
02-11-2012, 2:36 AM
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss152/vantec08/whichistooold.jpg

9mmdude
02-11-2012, 3:38 AM
Just remember your high school civics class. The Present passes NO laws.

But controls who gets nominated for Federal Judge status for LIFE. Far more serious than a law that is passed.

Bobby Hated
02-11-2012, 3:50 AM
But controls who gets nominated for Federal Judge status for LIFE. Far more serious than a law that is passed.

damnit. i wish the current squad would do more to protect our rights. those bought out bums hear 1000 commerce cases for every 2A case. people's rights are being violated everyday and they sit and issue 2 rulings in as many generations.

adrenaline
02-11-2012, 4:14 AM
When a government is on a course to eliminate the second amendment, you will truly see the meaning of the second amendment....and it won't be as defense to self and family.

It will be against tyranny.

ccmc
02-11-2012, 5:12 AM
I've been preaching this for years. All you have to do is look at Obama's record while he was in the Illinois legislature. He wanted to apply Chicago's ban on handgun ownership by private citizens to the entire state.

BTW look at all may and no issue states. Where do you think those electoral votes went in 2008, and where are they going in 2012? I can only hope the voters in my own swing state of Florida (which has far more diversity of political thought than the no and may issue states) will reverse their own 2008 vote for "hope and change", but that's by no means certain. Floridians do love their guns though, and this may be a critical issue here. Lately the gun shops and ranges have been crazy busy.

socalbowhunter
02-11-2012, 6:17 AM
Saying Obama wants to outlaw guns in his 2nd term, is like saying Obama wants a 2nd term. No sh*t.

tzotzo
02-11-2012, 7:13 AM
remember to him we're all a bunch of hillbillies clinging to God and guns...

Skidmark
02-11-2012, 7:37 AM

:rolleyes: That's just LaPierre throwing out the usual red meat, spreading whatever FUD he can keep the membership dues flowing in.

gixxnrocket
02-11-2012, 8:23 AM
ok, Screw the Supreme Court Nominee's Litmus test. just give them this poll. If they truly believe anything other than #1... they should be stripped of any remaining dignity and/or citizenship and deported to whichever other country they think will accept their views.
The Legislative Branch should be held to the highest standard, IMHO.

Secondly the Executive Branch should READ the US constitution and (D or R) be held accountable for Presidential actions outside there of.

TempleKnight
02-11-2012, 9:30 AM
:rolleyes: That's just LaPierre throwing out the usual red meat, spreading whatever FUD he can keep the membership dues flowing in.

Kagan, Sotamayor and F&F are FUD? I don't think think the danger of a second Obama term can be overstated.

yellowfin
02-11-2012, 10:06 AM
remember to him we're all a bunch of hillbillies clinging to God and guns...I've been writing articles on this phenomenon, the urban anti gun bias as the new incarnation of the segregationist attitude. The cultural alienation is no accident, and it is exploited by people like the White House occupant to maximum effect. It has been much to our detriment that from the 1960's all the way to 2004 or so the 2nd Amendment supporting organizations did absolutely nothing to address or alleviate the cultural problem.

Jack L
02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Well one thing for sure, if Obama is re-elected, there will be another run on firearms like last time.. I suggest you buy what you want now, not after an election. Ammo too....

radioburning
02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I've been writing articles on this phenomenon, the urban anti gun bias as the new incarnation of the segregationist attitude. The cultural alienation is no accident, and it is exploited by people like the White House occupant to maximum effect. It has been much to our detriment that from the 1960's all the way to 2004 or so the 2nd Amendment supporting organizations did absolutely nothing to address or alleviate the cultural problem.

QFT

vincewarde
02-11-2012, 11:24 AM

True - but please excuse me if I am gravely concerned about that, given who he has put on SCOTUS and his disrespect for both the 1st and 2nd Amendments. I think he has the least respect for the constitution of any president since Andrew Jackson.

vincewarde
02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I've been writing articles on this phenomenon, the urban anti gun bias as the new incarnation of the segregationist attitude. The cultural alienation is no accident, and it is exploited by people like the White House occupant to maximum effect. It has been much to our detriment that from the 1960's all the way to 2004 or so the 2nd Amendment supporting organizations did absolutely nothing to address or alleviate the cultural problem.

Divide and conquer. Set as many groups against each other as possible. Then get people to accept the removal of rights other people hold dear - and one by one you can gut out every one of the Bill of Rights. In the end, you have an all powerful government.

SilverTauron
02-11-2012, 12:28 PM
This is hardly news. Obama has been taking a great deal of flak from his liberal base because of his 'silence' on gun control. The man has in fact hardly been silent on the issue, but what the liberals mean by 'silence' is that Obama hasn't flown around the country like Clinton did in the 1990s trying to buy, broker, or steal whatever support he could for a national Assault Weapons Ban sequel.

Obama is a lot of things, but stupid he is not. The man understands that advancing gun control like Clinton did in his first term will cost Obama the election. Upon re-election, look forward to Obama drafting 'executive orders' authorizing the BATFE to do things it does not have the legal authority to do , such as the rifle reporting requirement that is still in effect in the southern United States.

Obama cannot be allowed to be re-elected. Failure, for the sake of our rights and the economy of this country, is NOT an option.Even if guns are not an issue worth picking a candidate over, Obama's spending on welfare programs and debt increases during his first term stand as evidence that the man in the Oval Office knows nothing about math or arithmetic. Such financial negligence-there is no other term for trillions of dollars of debt increases-will see this nation to fiscal ruin before the decade is out.

Sunday
02-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Obama has a real good chance of getting reelected because of the ignorance of the majority of voters. the Majority of the people in this country see nothing wrong with a one world government and most of the people that we "collectively" keep reelecting are just that one world government types. The people in government know exactly what they are doing as well as the people who back them.

IrishPirate
02-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I think that the shennanigans of the Occupy movement will and SHOULD come to play in this election. The Republicans need to point out that the Dems favored these idiots and that the were on the side of the hard working middle american family. That will win votes. Votes will unseat Obama. No Obama means we can win our rights back with greater ease.

The gloves really should come off....supporting people who piss and sh*t on the american flag and call for communist rule and redistribution of wealth they did nothing to help create....that NEEDS to used against these people. Otherwise, those things will come to fruition.

Plus, if Obama gets elected I'm pretty sure the Myan prophecy of 12-21-2012 will come true...

yellowfin
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Obama cannot be allowed to be re-elected. Failure, for the sake of our rights and the economy of this country, is NOT an option.Even if guns are not an issue worth picking a candidate over, Obama's spending on welfare programs and debt increases during his first term stand as evidence that the man in the Oval Office knows nothing about math or arithmetic. Such financial negligence-there is no other term for trillions of dollars of debt increases-will see this nation to fiscal ruin before the decade is out.That isn't an accident on his part, it's deliberate. He honestly wants to destroy this country so he can replace it with what he wants it to be.

Gray Peterson
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
This is hardly news. Obama has been taking a great deal of flak from his liberal base because of his 'silence' on gun control. , .

"great deal of flak" is greatly overstated. They are many times more upset over many other issues involving economics. They think he's in bed wall street bankers.

Gun control has no natural single issue constituency at all. If Obama didn't have the history of gun controlling, and he at least presented himself to be as progun as Rick Perry, and nominated someone other than Sotomayor who voted in McDonald to overturn Heller, NRA wouldn't be getting in his face.

You greatly over estimate anti gun political power.

Librarian
02-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Let's continue this one in the OT thread. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=534180