PDA

View Full Version : DSA Fal/10rd fixed mag CA Model

Ripper
03-28-2007, 5:08 PM
Has any one heard any more news on the DOJ Stopping the sale of CA Legal DSA FAL Rifles with the 10rd fixed Mag? I have been looking for one here in Southern CA. no luck finding one. Went to local gun shop here They have not heard any news on this matter, but other shops say that the DOJ is turning the screws on them selling this rifle here in CA. What the real story? I would like to order one but I will not do it until I hear some hard facts on this matter. Any news would help thanks

bwiese
03-28-2007, 5:18 PM
The DOJ apparently forgot they approved it :) They're kinda in transitional status now and left hand vs. right hand issues are popping up due to a lack of management for awhile (Rossi in preretirement 'cruise control' mode).

Apparently the exemplar is being run thru again.

It's being handled by The Right People.

C.G.
03-28-2007, 7:55 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=53078

dondo
03-28-2007, 8:12 PM
I just posted a thread in the riflemans section, I got a call from Turners Fountain Valley today and my DSA STG58 was placed on hold.

PIRATE14
03-29-2007, 7:38 AM
My .02 is that this the latest DOJFD campaign on reducing OLL type rifles in the state......EVANs has stopped...

DSA was right behind them.....

Why because this was another piece that was giving people precedence for fixed mag builds.......ie they had DOJ approval.....with their retraction on this, they are removing that piece......now, you'll get a big crowd of people saying...I told you so.....:p You can tell by the posts that it's had their desired effect.....

But you can still buy them but not at any big retail outlets and they've stopped DSA from shipping direct.......:mad:

6172crew
03-29-2007, 7:41 AM
My .02 is that this the latest DOJFD campaign on reducing OLL type rifles in the state......EVANs has stopped...

DSA was right behind them.....

Why because this was another piece that was giving people precedence for fixed mag builds.......ie they had DOJ approval.....with their retraction on this, they are removing that piece......now, you'll get a big crowd of people saying...I told you so.....:p You can tell by the posts that it's had their desired effect.....

But you can still buy them but not at any big retail outlets and they've stopped DSA from shipping direct.......:mad:

They should spend more time on a new logo for the website instead of wasting time with phone calls to DSA, I wonder how they are going to have all of them turned in at this point?

PIRATE14
03-29-2007, 7:55 AM
They should spend more time on a new logo for the website instead of wasting time with phone calls to DSA, I wonder how they are going to have all of them turned in at this point?

I don't think they'll ask for a recall.......just no more sales or direct shipments from DSA at the state........:(

thmpr
03-29-2007, 8:53 AM
Wow... Can the DOJFD really do that? It is perfectly legal for sale since the fixed mag setup is more than what is required by the law. DSA should fight against this and they do have the funds to do it. It would be great to see a major firearm mfg. step up to the plate to fight the non-sense.